PDA

View Full Version : The Simpsons Vs Family Guy

Ashley Schovitz
06-21-2007, 08:31 PM
The two most famous animated family sitcoms duke it out in a free-for-all battle. Peter vs Homer Marge vs Lois Chris vs Bart Lisa vs Meg Maggie vs Stewie and Santa's little helper vs Brian Oh and I forgot the Simpsons have a cat too.

I think that Homer could win against Peter since Homer could stand a three man beating with bats, but I think that Lois would tear Marge apart, maybe, but Marge used to be a cop.

Both parties can summon any of the side characters from their shows like Krusty or the greased up naked guy. Who do you think will win? I say Simpsons

Odaisé Gaelach
06-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Brian and the Chicken > the rest of the world.

Tallulah
06-21-2007, 08:47 PM
Lois would totally pwn Marge; she knows kung-fu.

Stewie could completely blow Maggie apart: sue Maggie tried to kill Mr Burns, but that was a complete fluke. Stewie has the brains; he can even talk already, and is a mastermind to world domination! :p

Peter and Homer: I think Peter would win. He is much cooler!

Chris would simply flatten Bart. :D

Brian talks, and once wrote for the New Yorker (almost :() Santa's Little Helper learns fast and fathered 23 puppies, but at the end of the day, he's still a dumb dog. Brian's drink problem counts against him, but what he lacks in sobriety he more than makes up for in smarts.

Lisa does have the edge over Meg; Meg is just an average teenage girl; Lisa is unnaturally smart, and concerned about the environment.

Snowball II vs. the psychotic kitty the Griffins had in the Brian: Portrait of a Dog episode: No contest. :tongue:

Final result: Simpsons 1, Griffins 6 (including the mad cat's win)

P.S: I wonder what Flanders would make of Quagmire... O_o

Ashley Schovitz
06-21-2007, 08:54 PM
Nah I think that Bart could beat Vhris, bart has his skateboard, cherry bombs, and slingshots. Santa's little helper could thrash Brain he used to be a race dog so he could attack brian before he could get a hit in. I say that Stewie fails at trying to rule the world miserably, he is usually stopped by his mother, his gadget goes haywire on him, or by the fact that he's just a baby. Maggie did almost kill homer a couple of time too and if she eats coffee ice cream there's no stopping her!

Tallulah
06-21-2007, 08:59 PM
I disagree! *drive-by argument*

The Simpsons is so much less funny than Family Guy these days... :(

cloud21zidane16
06-21-2007, 09:06 PM
the simpsons>family guy

Dreddz
06-21-2007, 09:32 PM
Family Guy probably. Simpsons in their prime were the best thing on TV. Now, not so much.

Venom
06-21-2007, 10:15 PM
I cant decide. Both are pretty much awesome.

McLovin'
06-21-2007, 10:33 PM
Don't you know that Family Guy copied most of the Simpson jokes? There is a video out there somewhere on it.

Fonzie
06-21-2007, 10:41 PM
Family Guy is the same thing every episode, so Futurama.

Værn
06-21-2007, 10:42 PM
P.S: I wonder what Flanders would make of Quagmire... O_o
Flanders would probably break out the holy water.

In one episode of Family guy there was a flashback to Lois shooting Peter instead of his robot double, so since Peter is now a robot he would easily win against Homer.

Lois learned some martial arts and beat down half of New York.

Lisa would probably be too peace-loving to fight back against Meg.

Chris has an evil monkey in his closet that he could always call on for help.

Stewie would probably kill off all of the Simpsons on his own.

Brian has thumbs.

But, anyways, this kind of battle probably wouldn't end. I once read a comic in one of my friends' magazines about which side would win in a huge anime vs. American cartoons war, and in the end they pointed out that anime characters are actually capable of dying. Since Family Guy and The Simpsons are both American cartoons, nobody would be able to die D=

Lynx
06-21-2007, 10:48 PM
I believe we all know the answer to this question (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo9ZLc88PuM)

Nominus Experse
06-21-2007, 11:12 PM
The same joke told twice really ought not be hailed as original - nonetheless funnier
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZnNsbtsUV0)

escobert
06-21-2007, 11:19 PM
Futurama is best imo. But family guy ftw. I've never been a big simpsons fan.

Mitch
06-22-2007, 01:40 AM

Let us ayyyyyyyyyyy.

Araciel
06-22-2007, 01:56 AM
family guy.

because the simpsons are like a thousand years old.

Rocket Edge
06-22-2007, 02:32 AM
Nah I think that Bart could beat Vhris, bart has his skateboard, cherry bombs, and slingshots.
Very much so, and you could almost say everything about Bart because it goes so in dept with him as a character.

The Simpsons is about 10 times better than Family Guy. Theres no point even comparing them.

Momiji
06-22-2007, 06:09 AM
Don't you know that Family Guy copied most of the Simpson jokes? There is a video out there somewhere on it.

Yeah, I've seen it.

The Family Guy imitations are still funnier than the Simpson originals.

Family Guy > The Simpsons by far.

Jessweeee♪
06-22-2007, 06:24 AM
The same joke told twice really ought not be hailed as original - nonetheless funnier
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZnNsbtsUV0)

Ever seen that episode of South Park where Butters tries to make an evil plan and his assistant dude it like SIMPSONS DID IT SIMPSONS DID IT? It's like that, they've done everything and I'll bet they've repeated their own jokes a few times :P

Oh, yeah, and Simpsons win IMHO

Rengori
06-22-2007, 06:40 AM
Futurama.

Breine
06-22-2007, 10:30 AM
I really don't know - I guess I like them both equally. The Simpsons has been around for such a long time and is a classic, but even though Family Guy is newer the humour seems to be more black and I really like that. I love both shows for different reasons.

Polaris
06-22-2007, 10:46 AM
Family Guy has Stewie :D
The Simpsons have Margareth...
Futurama has Bender...

Idk which one I shoud pick! :whimper:

demondude
06-22-2007, 06:59 PM
People always say family guy rips half of its stuff from the simpsons and even though thats kinda true family guy is much funnier:)

Araciel
06-22-2007, 07:11 PM
ok some people need to learn how these things work...futurama is not on the list, if you like futurama more, it's immaterial...which, of the simpsons or family guy...y'know what...no one's gonna listen so i give up..it's about who would kick whose ass...so whatever..

also, all jokes have been done before. the simpsons has done many jokes that have been done before, and flat out copied episodes of other shows and put their own spin on them......nothing is truly original as far as i can tell, or care to notice.

Mirage
06-22-2007, 07:15 PM
Futurama.

Eiko Guy
06-22-2007, 07:59 PM
MIrage loses cookie points for that.

Family guy pwns the simpsons so bad. Stewie has so many gadgets he would just destroy their home diabolically then try and murder lois. The simpsons on the other hand have no genius in the family except maybe maggie who sucks cuz she's been 1 for like ever,

Ashley Schovitz
06-22-2007, 08:05 PM
and Stewie hasn't, not to mention that most of the time Stewie's gadgets seem to backfire on him. Lisa pretty smart tooBTW and Mirage what did Dyslexicon just say!? Where are the mods when they need to report spam?:p

Madame Adequate
06-22-2007, 08:10 PM
Futurama, tbh.

The Simpsons loses marks for recent seasons, but they really do have some classics from the '90s. I mean genuine gold that's worthy of governmental preservation. I can't really think of much Family Guy that's on that level.

But yeah, I'd have to go with The Simpsons here. There really is nothing funnier than stuff like

Homer: Hello, my name is Mr. Burns. I believe you have a letter for me.
Postal Worker: Okay, Mr. Burns, uh, what's your first name?
Homer: ...I don't know.

Or

Homer: TRAMAPOLINE! TRAMBAPOLINE! JSAVA!

bipper
06-22-2007, 08:50 PM
I will not make a derision until I see maggie and stewie fight to the death.

Mirage
06-22-2007, 08:57 PM
MIrage loses cookie points for that.

Family guy pwns the simpsons so bad. Stewie has so many gadgets he would just destroy their home diabolically then try and murder lois. The simpsons on the other hand have no genius in the family except maybe maggie who sucks cuz she's been 1 for like ever,

Not really. Besides, one cookie point more or less doesn't matter when you've got thousands already.

scrumpleberry
06-22-2007, 09:13 PM
I prefer the humour in family guy and everything.

Pouring Rain
06-22-2007, 09:15 PM
Family Guy. The Simpsons aren't as humorous as they used to be.

Dynast-Kid
06-22-2007, 09:53 PM
The Griffins. They're as brutal as Spartans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nSkgzbxNcY)...

Ultima Shadow
06-23-2007, 01:59 AM
The Simpsons. But nothing beats South Park, though.

Hambone
06-23-2007, 10:03 AM

...All sitcoms are the same thing in every episode.

Family Guy. I can't even describe it. But it wins. Here. My favorite clips.

YouTube - Family Guy - Breakfast Machine (http://youtube.com/watch?v=2rpNV2iJSA4)

YouTube - Peter Fantasizes about Cheerleader and Chicken (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fg-Rr_Ij-A0)

YouTube - Family guy - Hot girl with a bad laugh (http://youtube.com/watch?v=MetuLS6GBGs)