PDA

View Full Version : BR: The Final Cut

Yamaneko
06-21-2007, 11:56 PM
YES!

YouTube - Blade Runner - Final Cut Trailer (Better Sound) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sVjmS316Qk)

Video just went up, so there are some audio problems. When I find a better version I'll put it up.

Værn
06-22-2007, 08:27 AM
No longer available due to a copyright claim... Curse you, YouTube!!!

Yamaneko
06-24-2007, 06:59 AM
Updated.

XxSephirothxX
06-24-2007, 07:28 AM
Heard about this last week, though nice to see a more substantial offering of what's to come. I'm definitely excited. Bladerunner is the father of cyberpunk films, I guess, and after reading Neuromancer a few months ago I've really started to appreciate the genre.

I was too young to really understand Blade Runner the first time I saw it, and it's been years since I saw it last. I hope it comes out in theaters near me.

GooeyToast
06-24-2007, 07:45 AM
I like the use of The Fountain music in the trailer.

ReloadPsi
06-24-2007, 02:13 PM
Dammit, I was expecting BR to stand for "Battle Royale". Gah shucks.

I've never seen Blade Runner, though I really want to.

Dreddz
06-24-2007, 02:29 PM
Sounds good to me. Lets just hope they dont include those voice overs for whatever reason they might have.

Madame Adequate
06-24-2007, 05:38 PM
Dammit, I was expecting BR to stand for "Battle Royale". Gah shucks.

I've never seen Blade Runner, though I really want to.

I was also expecting Battle Royale.

I like the way it's actually not a pretty awesome movie, as I was expecting, but rather one of the greatest things ever.

Do, in fact, want.

Shiny
06-24-2007, 08:45 PM
Wow, Harrison Ford has still got it.

MecaKane
06-24-2007, 09:19 PM
:skull::skull::skull::skull: man! :love:
Is that gonna be in theaters, or DVD?

Madame Adequate
06-24-2007, 10:12 PM
:skull::skull::skull::skull: man! :love:
Is that gonna be in theaters, or DVD?

Oh God, I'd pay several hundred to watch Blade Runner in the movies.

XxSephirothxX
06-24-2007, 10:22 PM
From what I've read, a limited theatrical release, followed by a DVD release that includes something like three versions of the film: the original, the 1990something Director's cut, and this one, I think. Probably will be out on regular DVD and HD DVD or Blu Ray. I don't know who the publisher is. Could be one of those that works in either player, I suppose.

Yamaneko
06-24-2007, 10:41 PM
DVD, HD-DVD, Blu-ray release after a limited theatrical release. I don't know if that means worldwide or just the U.S., but I expect only the latter.

The Final Cut version (which will be shown in the theatres) will not have the Deckard voice-overs because that's something Ridley Scott was completely against. Basically Warner Brothers forced him to add that to the original theatrical release because they thought their audience would be too dumb to figure out the plot without the cheesy voice-over. The DVD release after the limited theatrical release this fall will include that version too, though. It will be accompanied by the 1992 Director's Cut (sans voice-over and dubbed ending) and the deleted scenes included on the Laser Disc version in '95 I believe.

Essentially The Final Cut version will be the Director's Cut (remastered sound and video) and some deleted scenes from subsequent versions.

fire_of_avalon
06-24-2007, 11:06 PM
Hell. Yes.