PDA

View Full Version : Generic names

Dark Messenger
06-22-2007, 02:08 AM
I know some of the names are the last names of the testers, but what about weird names like Dog or Rat? It's weird to see an enemy named Dog and he's usually a Knight for me, so it's like he's a 'Dog Knight' or something. Also, you may see someone named CHIPS! It's funny to see a Monk named Chips. Chips - Monk.

Also, the name 'Seth' seems a bit misplaced. It appears randomly on FEMALES, not males!

And where did the strange monster names come from?

Tantars, Terkcion, Iopee, Lightning bolt, Snow Wind....

BG-57
06-22-2007, 08:52 PM
That's the nice thing about shopping for generics-you get to rename them!

I like to imagine the conversation:

Ramza: What's your name, Soldier?

Generic: Strawberry!

Ramza: That's a dumb name. I'm calling you Petunia.

Generic: ?!?

Plus you can rename generic monsters (and Worker 8 and Byblos) for free.

Orichalcon
06-25-2007, 03:10 PM
I once got a knight called Sparkster !:)

Takara
06-26-2007, 02:38 AM
I never get weird name for my Generics, only for enemies.

hanawa
07-19-2007, 05:16 AM
I know some of the names are the last names of the testers, but what about weird names like Dog or Rat? It's weird to see an enemy named Dog and he's usually a Knight for me, so it's like he's a 'Dog Knight' or something. Also, you may see someone named CHIPS! It's funny to see a Monk named Chips. Chips - Monk.

Also, the name 'Seth' seems a bit misplaced. It appears randomly on FEMALES, not males!

And where did the strange monster names come from?

Tantars, Terkcion, Iopee, Lightning bolt, Snow Wind....

OMG thats my knight's name!

Demon Lancer
07-30-2007, 02:08 AM
I have an ownage white mage named Agnes, its not really a strange name, but its just not a name I would expect... Lol @ snow wind I love that... what an undead name that is... you know how threatening it is to fight a skeleton named snow wind?