PDA

View Full Version : Blitzball 101

Evolavas
06-22-2007, 03:53 PM
I have just left Luca, and now have access to Blitzball, and I did get the Jecht Shot the first time around and won the Blitz tournament as well. I basically just want to now all there is to know about Blitzball outside of the game. EX....people I need to scout; should I continue playing with the original Besaid Aurochs; is their an anvantage of not playing blitzball at through certain points; and is there an anvantage of playing blitzball at certain points, and so on.

Namelessfengir
06-22-2007, 04:24 PM
my first time around i replaced every on and grabed them later after they had leveled up on later playthroughs i kept them and on this last time have almost gotten all their key moves. and wakka with the spirt of the aurachs gains power for every aurach on the team

but if your gonna replace them heres some advice
jumal by the crystal pyler luca
zyates on the way in to the sphere center luca
ropp at rins agency on the high road
lina by macalania temple
and if you can find one a ronzo... theyre tanks

remember to save before games like if your first trying blitzball after leaving luca save before you try it. if you don't like the prizes for the league reset til you get something you like.

Evolavas
06-22-2007, 09:25 PM
So would you reccomend replaceing the Aurochs or keeping them?

Dark Messenger
06-22-2007, 10:18 PM
Don't forget Biggs and Wedge! They're good at the beginning! And Wedge ends up as a Goalie at Level 99! Zev Ronso is great as his Block gets really high, he's on one of the docks. And Shaami, on the screen before Zalitz, she has good SH and starts with a Venom Shot, forget which one... at later on at Djose, Kyou is a good Defender who can also act as a Goalie.

cally777
06-23-2007, 06:22 AM
You can stick with the Aurochs, particularly if you want a challenge (early games are probably the only ones you'll lose though). If you dont like losing, replace Keepa with Jumal (Luca near fountain) or Kyou (bridge near Djose temple). I think there's another decent goalie on the N Bank of the Moonflow too. Keepa is the only really dire player in your team early on. Except maybe Datto.

You can hire others, but watch your gil! The Aurochs are cheap, but some replacements are v expensive if you play alot. As I recall, Shaami/Wedge are good value for money, also Shuu/Zalitz (all Luca).

Don't forget to tech copy by the way! This will seriously improve your players, in the Aurochs' case its pretty essential.

:choc::choc::choc:

Firo Volondé
06-23-2007, 08:12 AM
The only real reason to keep the Aurochs are if you plan on re-recruiting Wakka (this can be done later in the game when you ride on the Airship for the first time.) His special move gives a bonus based on the SH of all the original Aurochs (Datto, Letty, etc.) in your team. Even if you're not, there's no reason to wipe your whole team; you should replace Botta and Keepa immediately, though, unless you like losing badly. Jumal is the best goalie you can get at this stage, and Zev Ronso is versatile, with high SH, PA, and BL. Finally, get Shaami, Biggs, or Wedge so that you don't rely on Tidus to score (Datto is the worst forward in the game). If your line-up should look something like this:

Tidus
Shaami/Biggs/Wedge
Zev Ronso
Letty
Jassu
Jumal

...then you'll be fine. When you get each of these players, replace Jumal with Kyou, Letty with Linna, and Zev Ronso with Brother.

leader of mortals
06-25-2007, 07:16 PM
here is the best mid in the game (although you cant get him until later)....... brother although you cant get him until you can get wakka, who replaces datto with ease. I suggest playing here and there until you get to the end, then try to get wakka's ultimate weapon. heres my team at the end of the game.

tidus
wakka
brother
ropp
either jassu or kyou, cant remember
jumal

get jamal and ropp or zalitz ASAP

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
06-25-2007, 07:18 PM
brother and wakka can be employed on the airship mid-game, after the events that occur in home.

EDIT: i think :D

leader of mortals
06-25-2007, 07:21 PM
you be correct:thumb: