PDA

View Full Version : Acquaintances on communities that suddenly stop responding...

Peter_20
06-22-2007, 06:03 PM
Alright, I have a bunch of acquaintances from high school, and some of them tend to go "hello Peter, what's up? :)" on communities; then I answer, and ask them how they're doing, and they're doing fine and dandy.
Then I ask them about whatever they started talking about, and then... they stop responding!
They could log in forever, and still not respond.

What the hell is this? :confused:
It happens pretty often, both to me and my friends.
It's irritating. :(

Agent Proto
06-22-2007, 06:10 PM
Perhaps they don't want to talk? Just wanted to say hi and leave it as that. I usually just leave them alone if they don't respond back. It can be annoying, but it's hard to keep up with conversations online if you're doing several things at once on the computer. Do you try to get their attention back if they don't respond? "Hello? Are you still there?" and such.

Peter_20
06-22-2007, 06:14 PM
Perhaps they don't want to talk? Just wanted to say hi and leave it as that. I usually just leave them alone if they don't respond back. It can be annoying, but it's hard to keep up with conversations online if you're doing several things at once on the computer. Do you try to get their attention back if they don't respond? "Hello? Are you still there?" and such.I usually just leave the alone if they stop responding; otherwise I just feel like an attention whore.

But seriously, if they start going "I've got a new job", then I take it that they want to keep chatting and want me to show interest in their new job and stuff, and particularly so if they don't reveal any deep info and just mention the actual job.