PDA

View Full Version : 600th thread in tactics yey!

demondude
06-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Win!

To give this awesome thread some sort of topic have you ever tried to do challenge on this game I havn't:)

BG-57
06-23-2007, 02:03 PM
Considering how underappreciated this game is, it's quite an accomplishment. :)

What challenge? Like Ramza solo? Or initial equipment? I don't bother with that kind of thing. I found it challeging enough trying to get everything the game has to offer. I felt no need to make it harder on myself; it seems wasteful to get characters/abilities/equipment and not use them.

demondude
06-23-2007, 06:05 PM
Any challenge at all like once i tried to do a solo ramza but i gave up:rolleyes2

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-23-2007, 08:45 PM
This thread makes me want to play FFT again. x-x I play too many games at once now.

Gilthanes
06-25-2007, 05:49 PM
I actually just started a Solo Ramza game a few days ago (My first win in Gariland ended me with 194 JP, just short of getting Yell which is pretty key to the next few battles, so I had to reset and do it again. Arg) Bout to kill Velius, and the game really picks up and gets interesting by the time you get to Goug and can have a Mastered Math Skill on Ramzas Squire. Height6Holy Go Go Go!

Takara
06-26-2007, 02:40 AM
This thread makes me want to play FFT again. x-x I play too many games at once now.

Me too!

As for the thread's topic, no. I find this game challenging enough as it is. I don't need to add extra challenges on top of it. A normal playthrough for me is fun, an even more challenging one would just piss me off.

Suiko Jin
06-28-2007, 07:14 AM
I am with Takara with the extra challenge thing, although I once wanted to do a challenge where I would not equip any armor on my characters and see how far I could go.

Ramza Beoulve
06-28-2007, 08:27 AM
Considering how underappreciated this game is, it's quite an accomplishment. :)

What challenge? Like Ramza solo? Or initial equipment? I don't bother with that kind of thing. I found it challeging enough trying to get everything the game has to offer. I felt no need to make it harder on myself; it seems wasteful to get characters/abilities/equipment and not use them.
True it is, and yeah, I agree with you

VeloZer0
07-09-2007, 10:21 PM
Every time time I play through I do try to impose new rules on myself, no so much for challenges, but for the fact that it forces me to think up new strategies, and otherwise beating the game every 6 months the same way would get really repetitive.

For instance, after my initial 'beat the game' and subsequent 'perfect game' file I went with a no special characters set up, which was quite enjoyable because I had to think a little differently towards the end of the game. However, near the end I was relying heavily on my Calculators and Wizards so I decided next time I would do it all on Squire tree classes. Once again, fun and interesting. Now every time I start a new save file I try to think up some combination of classes that I hadn't normally tried to use to their full potential.

So, I guess you could say I do undertake 'challenges' but none of them are really set in stone, as they exist to make the game more interesting, not to frustrate me. ( For instance no mater what I use Gained JP UP is never off limits :))