PDA

View Full Version : Favorite songs from a non-Final Fantasy game

Big Brother
06-23-2007, 03:38 AM
SMB: Main Theme, Water Theme, Castle

SMB3: Grasslands, Overworld 1, Fortress, King, Airship, Boss fight, Bowser Battle

SMRPG: Bowser Battle, Mushroom Way, Boss Battle, Mushroom Kingdom, Here's Some Weapons, Big Boss Battle, Star Piece, Geno Awakens, Forest Maze, Smithy Battle, Final Smithy Battle

SM64: Pretty much everything

Star Fox 64: Sector X, Star Wolf Battle, any boss music, Brain Andross, Main Theme

Syphon Filter 2: Main Theme, McKenzie Airbase Interior, The train, C-130 Crash site, Pharcom Expo center, Moscow Streets, Aljir Prison infiltration, Aljir Prison Escape, New York Slums.

Syphon Filter the Omega Strain: Main theme, Carthage Action, French Terrorist Theme, Chechen Terrorist theme, Khristoval Mill, Minsk University, Murukawa Tower, Asian terrorist theme, Myanmar theme, Niculescu Funds Tower (Ambience), Kiev Terrorist Base (every track)

Combat Elite WWII Paratroopers: Just the one with the chanting

Chrono Trigger: Main Theme, Memories of the Green, Gato's Song, Wind Scene, Battle, Cathedral, Boss Battle 1, Frog's Theme, Fanfare 1, Shot of Crisis, Lavos' Theme, End of Time, Delightful Spekkio, Burn Bobonga, Battle with Magus, Tyrano Castle, Corridors of Time, Zeal Palace, Schala's Theme, Sealed Door, Memories of Crono, Worl Revolution, Last Battle, Farewelll to Dear Friends, To Faraway Times

Xenogears: Bond of Sea and Flame, Faraway Promise, Steel Giants, Emotion, Dazil, Grahf Emperor of Darkness, Knight of Fire, Fuse, The One Who's Torn Apart, Aveh Ancient Dance, Singing of the Gentle Wind, The Wounded Advance Into the Light, Pray for the People's Joy, Treasure Which Cannot be Stolen, Shattering Egg of Dreams, Lost Broken Shards, Ship of Regret and Sleep, Shevat, Gathering Stars in the Night Sky, Flight, Jaws of Ice, Awaken, Omen, One Who Bares Fangs At God, The Beginning and the and the End, Small Two of Pieces

ReloadPsi
06-24-2007, 01:52 PM
Well I own four of the Guilty Gear soundtracks and plan on snapping up the rest once I have more cash. That should answer the question.

Also, there's the one that plays in the level "The Last Call" in the TNT levels for Final DOOM (as well as a few others, but it's a Team TNT original and that's what counts).

And just about the entire soundtrack of the first four Sonic games on the Mega Drive. I also like NES music too.

Star Fox 64: Sector X
This too. Had it stuck in my head for enough years.

Big D
06-24-2007, 02:08 PM
Syphon Filter 2: Main Theme, McKenzie Airbase Interior, The train, C-130 Crash site, Pharcom Expo center, Moscow Streets, Aljir Prison infiltration, Aljir Prison Escape, New York Slums.:D Great to see one of my favourite game series getting some recognition.

I love the music from SF2's 'Club 34' scene. It fits the setting perfectly, with the synthesiser and scratching. There's nothing quite like a shoot-out with terrorists under the strobe lights of a techno hall...

In Metal Gear Solid - the original, not its sequels - the Gaelic song The Best is Yet to Come can damn near move me to tears sometimes. Haunting and beautiful, not at all what you'd expect to find in a 'tactical espionage' game yet it fits so well. The game's main theme, particularly its grand orchestral version in Snake Eater, deserves a mention too.

Some of my all-time favourite game music can be found on the Sega CD version of Ecco the Dolphin. If you've ever had the privilege of playing the rare CD version of that classic, you'll know what I mean. It's brilliant that the game disc can be played in any CD player, so it's easy to enjoy the music even without playing the game.

Tekken 5's intro song is pretty cool. Catchy and fast-paced, with plenty of energy and lyrics that aren't too non-sensical despite coming from a Japanese fighting game.

Other notable classics... the Golden Axe main theme, many Sonic CD tracks, and several background songs from the original Gran Turismo.

Jessweeee♪
06-24-2007, 02:15 PM
I loved Tekken 5's intro up until the singing part :P

...as for other music

OMGTHREADSOFFATE!!!!DEWPRISM!!!!THREADS OF FATE!!!!DEWPRISM!!!

1. To the Ultimate Relic
2. Pass Through the Forest
3. Rue's Finale
4. Sad Song
5. Underground Remains
6. Mint's Finale
7. Theme of Maya

I also liked a couple of things from Phoenix Wright Ace Attourney and Trace Memory n.n

Ramza Beoulve
06-24-2007, 08:26 PM
I'll just mention the names of the games because their soundtracks are plain awesome desu.

1. Shadow of the Colossus (I have started to just love this game desu)
2. Castlevania SotN desu
3. Legend of Mana desu
4. Chrono Cross desu

Oh yeah, and the ending song of MGS 3, Way to Fall

Renmiri
06-24-2007, 08:42 PM
YouTube - Cross Gate Power-Up Kit 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Miq30ELf7sk)

I gotta get me that soundtrack!

Edge7
06-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Bloody Tears from Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow.
Karma Instrumental from Tales of The Abyss

LunarWeaver
06-25-2007, 08:35 PM
I'll list my favorite choral-ish songs, because the list will be too long otherwise.

Xenosaga II:
Fatal Fight - this is my favorite Yuki Kajiura song of all time
Fatal Fight#2
Communication Breakdown
Jr.
Bitter
Image Theme of Xenosaga
Sakura Version 2

From Xenosaga III:
We've Got to Believe in Something
Promised Pain- sometimes this is translated as Promised Plan, but as I understand that's wrong
Hepatica (KOS-MOS)
Godsibb
Testament

I also adore Albedo's theme and The Song of Nephilim from Episode I.

I also like....

Ace Combat 4 - Megalith -agnus dei-

Advent Rising - Bounty Hunter
Advent Rising - Muse*

*It pains me to admit I like these, because Tommy Tallarico did the music for this game and that guy is a jackass.

Kingdom Hearts - Dive Into the Heart
Kingdom Hearts - Fragment of Sorrow

God of War - The Vengeful Spartan

Tales of Legendia - The Legendary Sorcerer
Tales of Legendia - March

Beyond Good & Evil - Dancing With Domz

Resident Evil 2 - The Third Malformation of G
Resident Evil Code:Veronica - The Theme of Alexia

Parasite Eve - Influence of Deep

Persona 3 - The Battle for Everyone's Souls
Persona 3 - The Poem for Everyone's Souls

Chaos Legion - Solemn Voice Stage (Cathedral Gallery)

There's more, but I'm too lazy to continue. Like I said, these are just some vocal songs I like. To list all the music from games would keep me here all day. Don't even get me started on the Silent Hill or Chrono soundtracks or this post will never end.

You know, I've never even actually played most of these...I just like da moosix :greenie:

Lachrymosa
06-26-2007, 01:23 PM
Xenogears: Ship of Regret and Sleep, the Blue Traveler, June Mermaid, Flight

Chrono Cross: Radical Dreamers, Star Stealing Girl, Prisoners of Fate, Burning Orphanage, Scars of Time

Chrono Trigger: Time Circuits, Battle With Magus, Tyranno Castle, Frog's Theme

I also like...Reunion from Threads of Fate, Hepatica (KOS-MOS) from Xenosaga III, Promise from Silent Hill 2, Girl in the Tower from King's Quest 6, Requiem from Legend of Dragoon, the main theme of the Monkey Island games, the main theme of Devil's Crush, the Wanderer from Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure, and quite a lot of songs from Symphony of the Night and the Guilty Gear games.

Ramza Beoulve
06-26-2007, 08:00 PM
God, how could I forget Rhapsody? desu!!! That one too desu!

Auragaea
06-27-2007, 07:10 PM
Easy. My top 5 favorite songs (not including a Final Fantasy song):

1. Angel Rain - We <3 Katamari

2. The Desire to Fly Exceeds Words - Wild ARMs 4

3. The Brink of Time - Chrono Trigger

4. Light Velocity - Gran Turismo 3

5. Critical Attack-Breaking Boundaries - Wild ARMs 4

Slothy
06-28-2007, 02:33 PM
In Metal Gear Solid - the original, not its sequels - the Gaelic song The Best is Yet to Come can damn near move me to tears sometimes. Haunting and beautiful, not at all what you'd expect to find in a 'tactical espionage' game yet it fits so well. The game's main theme, particularly its grand orchestral version in Snake Eater, deserves a mention too.

I was unsure of what I was going to pick until you reminded me of The Best is Yet to Come. Hands down one of my favourite songs ever. Honourable mention to the entire SotC soundtrack. Prologue, Silence, In Awe of the Power, and Counterattack in particular are my favourites on that soundtrack.

Slicksword45
06-30-2007, 09:10 PM
The one the plays when you fight that Robo-minatour in God of War. Not sure what it's called XD

And anything from all Xenosaga games. I realy liked 3s soundtrack the most though :D

Jessweeee♪
06-30-2007, 11:40 PM
I forgot to mention Kingdom Hearts XD

I just always think of it as a Final Fantasy game :P

Still, I won't list my favorite songs because there's too many and my previous list of Threads of Fate music is higher up anyway n.n

sirlaguna
07-04-2007, 12:07 PM
The opening theme form Kingdom Hearts 2

Pouring Rain
07-05-2007, 02:43 AM
I love a lot of songs, but to summarize it all up...

I pretty much like anything from Mario, Xenosaga, and Kingdom Hearts.

Vermachtnis
07-05-2007, 03:03 AM
Pokemon R/B/Y - Gym Battle

Pokemon D/P - Cyrus (??? The head of Team Galactic Guy)/Legendary Battles/Cynthia Battle

Chrono Trigger - Kingdom of Zeal/600 AD/Magus Fight/Lavos Bit Fight

Super Metroid - Brinstar

Metroid Prime - Snow Area (Forgot the name)

Digital Devil Saga - Boss Fight/Final Boss 1/Final Boss 2/Tower Area

Digital Devil Saga 2 - Boss Fight Remix of above/Final Boss

Tales of Symphonia - Sheena's Theme/Raine's Theme/Kuchinawa Fight/Abyssion Fight/Kratos Fight

Tales of Legendia - Grune's Theme/Bar Area/Arena Area (I love the jazz of those two areas)/Gaet's Fight

Tales of the Abyss - Karma/2nd Battle Theme/Cameo Battle

Xenosaga III - Godsibb

Makai Kingdom - Chapter Nine Areas/Valvoga Fight/Pram Wins (Played when credits roll if you lose vs. Pram)/Flonne Fight

Megaman - Sparkman/3 Opening

Big Brother
07-06-2007, 12:19 AM
Tetris: Kalinka, The Peddlers (though those are actually Russian folk songs)

ReloadPsi
07-06-2007, 03:27 AM
Pokemon R/B/Y - Gym Battle

I can not believe I forgot to mention this one myself. I don't deserve to be alive. Oddly enough, the intro riff to Those Who Fight Further bears a strong similarity to part of this tune, which is why I like it so much.

Jessweeee♪
07-07-2007, 08:21 AM
OHMYGOODNESS I just got a bunch of Phoenix Wright soundtracks (plus all of the sound effects for Windows Movie Maker Fun) and it's...so...GOOD!!!

They're definitely my favorite DS soundtracks n.n

Markus. D
07-08-2007, 12:25 AM
The RO Ost in most of its entirety (Currently It has 113 full songs :D! and finally a final battle theme~).

The music (especially the newest additions like Monastery in disguise and ovcourse the mysterious sound of Uncanny Lake (New theme song of Abyss Lake)) is absolutely epic... and other songs like Sleeping Volcano really put you into the Environment.

It really amplifies it as my favorite game of all time overall.

KasaiDraco
07-11-2007, 04:38 AM
Morrowin theme.

Rengori
07-15-2007, 12:37 PM
Most of Disgaea, it's sequel, Makai Kingdom, and some of Phantom Brave, and a lot of stuff already said.

Amin_Strife
07-15-2007, 12:40 PM
I'll just name a few or else i can go on all day:

Chrono Trigger: Time Circuits/Chrono Corridor
Kingdom Hearts/II: Both Hikari and Passion..Kairi's Theme..Halloween Town theme..Twilight Town..and i'll stop here because i pretty much love the whole KH sountrack.^^
Chrono Cross: Star Stealing Girl..Another World
Castlevania SOTN: Colliseum theme..etc.
Street Fighter: Guile Theme..Ken Theme..really like the rest of the character themes as well.
Guilty Gear X: 90% of the entire OSTs xD But favourites are: Blue Water Blue Sky..Still in the Dark..Calm Passion..Noontide..

And a ton of other songs from various games that just don't come to my mind right now. Might edit later.

Avarice-ness
07-16-2007, 07:00 AM
Oh -god-.

All I can say is, ALL SEIKEN DENSETSU MUSIC.

More specifically..

SD: Mission of Mana, Rising Sun, Endless Battlefield
SD2: Angel's Fear, Give Love It's Rightfull Time, Color of the Summer Sky, Did you see the sea, The Orphan of the Storm.

... Who am I kidding, that entire soundtrack.

SD3: Meridian Child hands down no battle to any other song.

CT: Schala's Theme, Robo's theme, FROG'S THEME, Magus theme...
Once again, THE ENTIRE SOUNDTRACK IS MADE OF MUSICAL GOLD.

Heath
07-16-2007, 09:27 PM
Most of the Chrono Trigger and Cross soundtracks are really nice to listen to. I've never played CC, but I've listened to some of the music and really quite enjoy it. The Shadow Hearts games (original and Covenant at least) also have some good music in them, I've always been quite keen on Coffin Fetish (note: I do not have a coffin fetish!), Asian Parfait, Callback from Jesus, Star Shape and Middle of Nowhere from the original. Some personal favourites from Covenant include Rising Sun, The Past ~ Personal History, Old Smudged Map and Callback from Jesus (Covenant Version).

On the handheld side of things, some evil, evil part of me likes some of the music from Advance Wars, particularly Sensei's Theme ((music initially played in this video) (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sajRILWDb34). There's also a fair number of Fire Emblem pieces (GBA and GC) that I quite enjoy, particularly from FE7.

Metroid Prime particularly has some nice atmospheric pieces. I also quite like some of the very Japanese pieces of music from Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (N64).

scrumpleberry
07-17-2007, 01:59 PM
Chrono Trigger, the Grandia series and Zelda OoT and WW all had truly beautiful music. I also loved the nintendo remixes and the like in Super Smash Brothers Melee.

Elpizo
07-17-2007, 05:17 PM
The fact that the soundtracks of both Golden Sun games haven't been mentionned yet makes me sad. :( Those games had wonderful music, especially considering the platform they were made on.

Alright, lessee.

Favourite tracks from Golden Sun: Saturos' Battle, Venus Lighthouse, Fusion Dragon Battle, A Little Friendship, The Elemental Stars and all the other tracks. (Love em all)

Favourite tracks from GS - The Lost Age: Jupiter Lighthouse, Shadows in the Caverns, Trouble is Brewing, Agatio and Karst's Battle Theme, the Boss Battle theme, Doom Dragon Battle, A Full Moon in Garoth and all the other tracks. (Again, love em all)

Other games:

I love all tracks of Zelda - Link's Awakening (DX) Great music for a Gameboy Colour game.

Chrono Trigger. Again I can't choose which ones are my favourite tracks, that game had the best soundtrack of any game on the SNES.

Besides those, I have to admit that I played mostly FF games and each of them had wonderful soundtracks as well. I should broaden my gaming horizon. >_<

Peter_20
07-22-2007, 09:43 PM
Listen to my advice, because you won't regret it! :D

CHRONO TRIGGER:
"Yearnings of the Wind"

CHRONO CROSS:
"Dreams on the Shore - Another World"

STAR OCEAN: THE SECOND STORY:
"Rena's Theme"

These are some of the most beautiful melodies I've ever heard.
Heck, they beat the works of Mozart and Beethoven themselves!
By far, even.

qwertysaur
07-23-2007, 05:40 PM
[quote=Avarice-ness;2249077]Oh -god-.

All I can say is, ALL SEIKEN DENSETSU MUSIC.

quote]

Some for me. My favorite is Sekien Densetsu 2 (Secret of Mana)

I also loved the battle theme from D/P when you fight the legendayr trio ( Uxie, Mesprit, and Azlef)

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-25-2007, 09:39 PM
My favorite song from a non ff game......I'm trying to think of the name xD

Does anyone know the name of the song that plays in the legend of dragoon when Lavitz dies?

Brandon Stroud
01-07-2008, 01:20 AM
Hmmm... My favorite non-FF songs...

Most of the tracks played in the Dynasty Warriors series (Especially DW6)
Violent Death ~Oni and Cassandra's BGM from Rage of the Dragons
HEROES ~Character Select BGM from Sengoku Basara 2: Heroes
The Mission to Deep Space ~Star Ocean 3
The Divine Spirit of Language ~also from Star Ocean 3
Most of the songs from Guilty Gear, King of Fighters and Big Bang Beat

...And this is without going into real specifics.

Jessweeee♪
01-08-2008, 02:43 PM
I forgot PSU :cry:

PSU is kewl.

So many good tracks n.n

I liked the music from nearly every location on planet Parum, Clyez City Linear Line, The Vibe ~ End of the Planets, The Last Story, and The First Story :spin: