PDA

View Full Version : Hey! ;D

fire_of_avalon
06-23-2007, 05:41 AM
Which eye do you wink with? What do you think determines which eye you wink with? Is it the same thing that determines which eyebrow you raise?

I wink with my left eye. My smile also naturally pulls to the left. When I try to smile to the right, I just end up drooling. I cannot raise my left eyebrow, but my left eyebrow is nicer looking than my right. But I'm right handed! I don't understand any of this.

oddler
06-23-2007, 05:45 AM
Which eye do you wink with? What do you think determines which eye you wink with? Is it the same thing that determines which eyebrow you raise?

I wink with my left eye. My smile also naturally pulls to the left. When I try to smile to the right, I just end up drooling. I cannot raise my left eyebrow, but my left eyebrow is nicer looking than my right. But I'm right handed! I don't understand any of this.

Ditto except for the drooling part! :lol:

Meat Puppet
06-23-2007, 05:45 AM
I wink with my right eye, and raise my left eyebrow. I don’t know what determines this, because I have never thought anything of it before. Pass.

escobert
06-23-2007, 05:52 AM
either, and I can raise both my eyebrows at will :p

ZeZipster
06-23-2007, 05:56 AM
Which ever is closest to the desired winkee.

Lynx
06-23-2007, 05:58 AM
my left eye. and my smile opens more to the right when i do it. a lto of the girls im friends with seem to like it. and it got the attention of a pretty young waitress one day :D and to think i wasnt actualyl winking at her either :D

and i can raise my right eyebrow better then my left.

DarkLadyNyara
06-23-2007, 06:35 AM
I generally wink with my right eye, I can raise my right eyebrow more than the left, my smile pulls to the left, and I'm right handed. I have no idea what determines any of this.

Nominus Experse
06-23-2007, 08:16 AM
I have no preference of which eye I use to wink with. At any rate, if in the mood to wink - which is nigh never - I am commonly eying the person sideways, thus allowing one eye to be "closer" than the other. This eye is the one that is winked at such moments.

As for that of smiling, it is an even, small smile. I rarely smile broadly, but when I do, it's an even one. However, if giving a smirk, I only pull on the right side of my mouth. For one reason or another, it would seem as though the muscles on the right side of my face are either stronger or more delicate in their movements. I say this because when I try to perform the same action on the left side of my face, it does not quite work. It is, more or less, a sad and feeble attempt.

I can raise both eyebrows equally well, but it does seem as though I raise my left one much more. I cannot explain why I would give preference to my left raiding while my right "frowns", but I do. It is mechanical, and as such, I cannot hope to adequately - nonetheless possibly - explain it.

EDIT: Holy fucking :skull::skull::skull::skull:, that is likely the most I have ever analyzed my facial expressions. I wrote far too much for such a simple question.

rubah
06-23-2007, 08:17 AM
I wink with my left eye.

I remembe rlearning to wink.

Jessweeee♪
06-23-2007, 08:27 AM
I don't wink.

I tried winking after reading this and I can't do it without scrunching up my face.

Laddy
06-23-2007, 08:29 AM
My left eyelid does all them work, while my right is a lazy bastard.

Dynast-Kid
06-23-2007, 08:31 AM
I wink with my left eye and usually raise my left eyebrow. My smile goes neither left or right, it just goes up towards my nose. And i'm righthanded.

Also, right-handed and left-handed people hula-hoop differently. Interesting, huh?;D

Big D
06-23-2007, 08:33 AM
I prefer not to wink; my face just isn't comfortable with it. Each eyebrow is equally dexterous, but I prefer to raise the left because it's easier for some reason. Similarly, my smile pulls to the left, but I'm right-handed.
Could simply be a quirk of muscle distribution and growth, but it'll be interesting to see if this thread shows up any patterns.

rubah
06-23-2007, 08:38 AM
after looking at this thread again I practiced eyebrow raising for a minute until I was rather adept at it.

Lachrymosa
06-23-2007, 08:42 AM
I don't wink much, but when I do it can be with either eye. And I usually raise my right eyebrow, smile more to the right, and I'm right-handed.

Bunny
06-23-2007, 09:09 AM
I don't wink. I blink.

Hambone
06-23-2007, 09:37 AM
I wink with my right eye, and raise my left eyebrow. I don’t know what determines this, because I have never thought anything of it before. Pass.

blackmage_nuke
06-23-2007, 09:50 AM
I dont know why but i cant wink. As hard as I try i always close my other eye for some reason turning it into a really weird blink. But my left eye is the one which makes me look least dumb when i attempt to wink

Hambone
06-23-2007, 10:28 AM
I dont know why but i cant wink. As hard as I try i always close my other eye for some reason turning it into a really weird blink. But my left eye is the one which makes me look least dumb when i attempt to wink

I can't whistle. :)

Ramza Beoulve
06-23-2007, 10:32 AM
I prefer not to wink; my face just isn't comfortable with it. Each eyebrow is equally dexterous, but I prefer to raise the left because it's easier for some reason. Similarly, my smile pulls to the left, but I'm right-handed.
Could simply be a quirk of muscle distribution and growth, but it'll be interesting to see if this thread shows up any patterns.Desu

ReloadPsi
06-23-2007, 10:44 AM
Well I can raise my left eyebrow with minimal trouble, which I find awesome because it has a huge scar through it from an accident when I was four. I never wink though, so it's hard to say which eye I'd use.

I think my smile pulls to my left; that's what I find myself naturally more able to move.

Sergeant Hartman
06-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Hardly ever wink, but I do raise my left eyebrow a lot.

Cz
06-23-2007, 11:26 AM
I don't have a preferred winking eye, but I always raise my right eyebrow. I didn't notice that until now.

DK
06-23-2007, 11:36 AM
I can wink with both, but doing it with the left eye is more natural. I raise my left eyebrow as well, even though I can do it with both.

Anaisa
06-23-2007, 01:09 PM
Also, right-handed and left-handed people hula-hoop differently. Interesting, huh?;DWhat about ambidextrous people? Can they hula hoop like both the left and right handed people?
Which eye do you wink with? I don't really wink. But if I try an wink now, I'm inclined to do it with the left.
What do you think determines which eye you wink with?It could be to do with brain activity. Because the right side of the brain controls muscles on the left, and the left side of the brain controls muscles on the right. So which left an right facial muscles you use, could be determined by what side of your brain is more dominant, or what side is used for what activity.
Is it the same thing that determines which eyebrow you raise? I think so.

My smile moves to the right.
I can't raise either of my eyebrows.

Rye
06-23-2007, 01:25 PM
I wink with my left, and I can't raise either eyebrows.

grim07
06-23-2007, 01:32 PM
My smile goes to the right, I can wink with both eyes, but my right is easier. I can only raise my left eyebrow.

Breine
06-23-2007, 03:11 PM
either, and I can raise both my eyebrows at will :p

Me too. And I mostly wink with my right eye ;)

daggertrepe
06-23-2007, 03:24 PM

Same here. :greenie:

cloud21zidane16
06-23-2007, 03:45 PM
i wink with my left eye and raise my left eyebrow but im right handed:mog:

~*~Celes~*~
06-23-2007, 04:42 PM
I raise my left eyebrow, wink with my left eye, my smile tends to favor the right side, and I'm right handed, but because of marching band, I'm left footed. :p Does that answer all the questions?

Araciel
06-23-2007, 05:38 PM
both sucka
i'm ambiocular
BOO YA

fire_of_avalon
06-23-2007, 05:52 PM
I can't whistle. :)
THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT WHISTLING but I can make one to accommodate your needs! I can't whistle too well either!

I don't have a preferred winking eye, but I always raise my right eyebrow. I didn't notice that until now.
See what we can learn about each other!

Which eye do you wink with? I don't really wink. But if I try an wink now, I'm inclined to do it with the left.
What do you think determines which eye you wink with?It could be to do with brain activity. Because the right side of the brain controls muscles on the left, and the left side of the brain controls muscles on the right. So which left an right facial muscles you use, could be determined by what side of your brain is more dominant, or what side is used for what activity.

Now that there's an idea.

;D

Araciel
06-23-2007, 05:54 PM
actuellement i think it's a fact.

fire_of_avalon
06-23-2007, 05:57 PM
You ain't french. And it might be, but I refuse to go look it up to verify! I have more important things to do. Like drink coke!

Araciel
06-23-2007, 06:52 PM
oi i'm canadian, and my last name is richards....*cough*

also good use of ain't !

Denmark
06-23-2007, 09:05 PM
making you british-canadian?

i can wink with either eye (this is the more grammatically correct way to say this; "winking with both eyes" = blinking) but only raise my left eyebrow (or both at the same time, but that doesn't count)

Rocket Edge
06-23-2007, 09:40 PM
My left. :jokey:

Agrias
06-23-2007, 10:10 PM
LEFTEEEHH

Brennan
06-24-2007, 01:40 AM
Pretty much me.

Quindiana Jones
06-24-2007, 10:41 AM
I can wink with both, but I usually use my right.