PDA

View Full Version : Blitzing with the Abes

prayzer
06-24-2007, 08:56 AM
Has anyone figured out how to unlock the Zanarkand Abes? I've went through a new game plus and played almost 250 blitz games, and still no Abes. Starting to get a little :mad: !!

10-Breaker
06-24-2007, 09:34 AM
Have you read any walkthroughs? They often have info 'bout these unlockables. I don't like playing FFX-2 blitz 'cause it s**ks that you can't control those players. ^^'
You tried playing the game 100% through? I think that is the key 'cause Tidus ''comes back''.

Nifleheim7
06-24-2007, 03:48 PM
Blitzball seriously sucked in X-2!!!

prayzer
06-24-2007, 09:07 PM
Yes, it sucked, but I forced myself to at least try it, and when I finally got the hang of it I started to like it....... a little. I'm striving to get the Abes, so I have some motivation to play it. The tricky and challenging part about it is actually leveling up the players, until you get all the other practice commands anyway.

I looked all through the book and couldnt find anything about the Abes except for their players and stats. The reason I want them so bad is that they have a player named "Star Player." I'm just guessing its Tidus.

Little Blue
06-24-2007, 10:00 PM
I like blitzball in X-2... meanies...

Anyway, according to my strategy guide, you need to have gotten the good ending (where Tidus comes back) and then do a new game plus. You will have a 10% chance of winning the right to play as them. Yes, Star Player is Tidus, he's just not called Tidus because you could name him anything in X.

Markus. D
06-25-2007, 04:35 AM
Blitzball seriously sucked in X-2!!!

Blitzball Manager is an acquired taste... :]

prayzer
09-27-2007, 03:13 PM
Finally! I got the perfect ending where Tidus comes back after my 2nd playthrough. Then I played through again to ch. 5 to the season of blitz. There it was, a tournament prize. "Play the Zanarkand Abes". Too bad I had reset player stats. Now I had to level everyone and everything up enough to even beat the Al Bheds. After about 100 games or so I had a team, a team that could possibly beat the Abes. So I played them, and got beat. Then I played them again, and got beat. Then I played them again being all rested and everyone with 99 morale, and I beat them. Then I waited for the Trade Privilages. I got the Trade Privilages, and traded with the Abes. So, I now have the Abes Ace on my team. Soo sweet that Tidus and Yuna get to blitz together.

Skyblade
09-28-2007, 04:42 AM
I probably wouldn't have minded X-2 blitzball if it hadn't been such a step down from the original. The game might be fun, but I can't help but compare it to the original, and the first blitzball was just so much better. I really don't know what the designers were thinking.

prayzer
09-28-2007, 01:41 PM
I probably wouldn't have minded X-2 blitzball if it hadn't been such a step down from the original. The game might be fun, but I can't help but compare it to the original, and the first blitzball was just so much better. I really don't know what the designers were thinking.

yeah, I completely liked blitz in X better than X-2. Like someone said in another thread though, blitz manager is an acquired taste. I got used to it and started to like it and got addicted to the point where I played through the game twice to get the perfect ending and then again so I could get to play the Zanarkand Abes.

Tiamat3710
10-13-2007, 04:54 PM
you need 100% and then start new game plus and there are a playable team if you can beat them you can recruit tidus hes called star player though