PDA

View Full Version : Correct me if I'm wrong.

10-Breaker
06-24-2007, 09:52 AM
So in DoC Hojo and Lucrecia are having their own son as a specimen.
This son of theirs is Sephiroth, right?
And if the Sephiroth is Hojo's and Lucrecia's son, Lucrecia should now be Jenova 'cause Sephy is calling it/her ''mother''?
Lucrecia has changed to Jenova 'cause Hojo's experiements keeping her cells alive/safe/fresh?
Hojo wants to make copies of Sephy. Well for that he needs cells of his own and Jenova (Lucrecia from now on)?

Big D
06-24-2007, 01:00 PM
So in DoC Hojo and Lucrecia are having their own son as a specimen.
This son of theirs is Sephiroth, right?
And if the Sephiroth is Hojo's and Lucrecia's son, Lucrecia should now be Jenova 'cause Sephy is calling it/her ''mother''?Lucrecia hasn't changed into Jenova. However, since Sephiroth was supposed to be the new 'embodiment' of Jenova's power, he was told that his mother was called Jenova; even when he found out he was mothered by a human woman, he still considered Jenova his real mother because she's the one whose essence had contributed the most to him.

Lucrecia has changed to Jenova 'cause Hojo's experiements keeping her cells alive/safe/fresh?The Jenova cells in Lucrecia's body kept her alive and strong, but they didn't transform into Jenova. She remained clinging to life and unable to die, even though she wanted to; she was still vaguely aware that Sephiroth was alive, too, thanks to the powers granted to her by Jenova's cells. She's still herself, though.

Hojo wants to make copies of Sephy. Well for that he needs cells of his own and Jenova (Lucrecia from now on)?Nah, he didn't need his own cells - only Jenova's cells, mako energy and someone who survive the combination of mako and Jenova with their mind intact. He never intended to make a perfect duplicate of Sephiroth; rather, he wanted to re-create the success of that earlier project, by producing someone similarly powerful. SOLDIER members come close, because they're far stronger and more powerful than regular humans, but Sephiroth represented an even stronger combination of human and Jenova, something that failed whenever Hojo tried to re-create it in his experiments on the Nibelheim survivors.

10-Breaker
06-24-2007, 01:06 PM
Aah... Thanks for tha info Big D. ^^ .\/..

Big D
06-24-2007, 02:19 PM
No worries:thumb:
FFVII's mysteries and conspiracies aren't explained thoroughly in the game, so it's easy to get confused. I first played the game back in 1999, but even now I keep learning new snippets of info here and there, especially because of the new explanations - and intrigue - brought up by the sequels. Here's hoping Crisis Core can finally put all the tangled plot threads to rest...

Serapy
06-24-2007, 03:38 PM
So Lucrecia always has been alive in the entire story? Even thought some characters in the game thought she was already dead?

Bolivar
06-24-2007, 11:22 PM
So Lucrecia always has been alive in the entire story? Even thought some characters in the game thought she was already dead?

yeah she was. I'm not sure what happened to her after the Sephiroth project, or why she didn't go to the Reunion (I guess she doesn't have Jenova cells?) i guess we'll find out in later releases (or I just need to play DoC).

Big D
06-25-2007, 12:53 AM
Lucrecia definitely has Jenova cells, a result of the experiments she took part in. She even says this when you encounter her in the waterfall cave in the original game, part of the side-quest that helps to explain Vincent's past and provide his ultimate weapon and limit break.
She says she's overwhelmed with guilt because of what she did, "but the Jenova cells in me won't let me die", or words to that effect. She can feel Sephiroth's existence, so she's got some of the Reunion instinct going. I'd guess the strong and rational side of her mind was enough for her to resist the full impact of the cells, just like SOLDIER members can.

In Dirge of Cerberus, it seems that her body's been entombed in the naturally-occurring Materia crystals of the cave. She's no longer truly alive or dead, though - she can whisper apologies to Vincent in a way that might be slightly telepathic, but her spirit's also begun returning to the Lifestream, which is proven when Shelke retrieves the Protomateria from her, inside Omega.

FFVII provides more answers than DoC, though you have to complete Vincent's side-quest to get them.

Bolivar
06-25-2007, 03:11 AM
In Dirge of Cerberus, it seems that her body's been entombed in the naturally-occurring Materia crystals of the cave. She's no longer truly alive or dead, though - she can whisper apologies to Vincent in a way that might be slightly telepathic, but her spirit's also begun returning to the Lifestream, which is proven when Shelke retrieves the Protomateria from her, inside Omega.

that sounds really creepy.

The Crystal
06-25-2007, 07:15 AM

She is still alive and her spirit is not returning to the Lifestream. She is just "sleeping" in the mako crystal, because of her guilt over what happened in the past(like Vincent sleeping in the coffin).
Shelke have some memories of Lucrecia inside of her head and is "connected" to her during DoC, because Shelke absorbed Lucrecia's memories in the Network. It doesn't mean that Lucrecia's soul is returning to the Lifestream.

Big D
06-25-2007, 11:55 AM

She is still alive and her spirit is not returning to the Lifestream. She is just "sleeping" in the mako crystal, because of her guilt over what happened in the past(like Vincent sleeping in the coffin).
Shelke have some memories of Lucrecia inside of her head and is "connected" to her during DoC, because Shelke absorbed Lucrecia's memories in the Network. It doesn't mean that Lucrecia's soul is returning to the Lifestream.I'm aware of how Shelke came into possession of Lucrecia's memories - from the data Lucrecia left behind in Shinra's computers (kind of a less-sophisticated, less-complete version of how Hojo preserved his consciousness). However, the thing that convinced me Lucrecia's on her way out is the encounter at the end: When Shelke uses her SND to enter Omega, she encounters Lucrecia there, which doesn't make much sense to me if Lucrecia's thoughts are preserved only inside Shelke's mind.
Unless I'm failing to remember that sequence properly, of course, but I recall that Shelke's consciousness enters Omega, and she then finds the Protomateria in the hands of Lucrecia, or rather her spirit.

grim07
07-10-2007, 05:20 AM
I really need to play DOC.

hanawa
07-19-2007, 04:07 AM
I really need to play DOC.

Me, too...