PDA

View Full Version : Final Boss

Ashley Schovitz
06-24-2007, 04:14 PM
After I defeated Lavos' shell and went inside of him to fight the final boss which sort reminded me of FFX. I got my ass kicked in less than a second. he did that one laser attack and my party fell just like that, if I can't even get one hit in how am I supposed to beat him!?

Firo Volondé
06-24-2007, 04:35 PM
If he beats you that fast, you're probably underlevelled.

Brennan
06-24-2007, 05:15 PM
What level are you?
Then, we might be able to help you.

PuPu
06-24-2007, 05:53 PM
Your characters should be about lvl 50 before you decide to fight Lavos.
If they aren't do side quests such as Cyrus' Ghost, Ozzie's Fort, The Sun Stone, The Rainbow Shell, The Sunken Desert, Black Omen, etc. (I'd recommend you do Black Omen last).

And just to let you know, the Lavos form that beat you isn't even the final fight.

Ashley Schovitz
06-24-2007, 07:42 PM
Crono on lvl 45
Frog,Magus,Robo,Ayla lvl43
Marle,Lucca lvl42

I've already done the Sunstone and Ozzie's fort, I have no idea what the others are but I don't really get Cyrus's ghost I fought that thing, but I died I think or something I know I got stuck, can I even leave from where I am?

Brockman5000
06-26-2007, 02:58 AM
I always got my characters as high as I can get them. lvl 50-55 is the good for the fight with Lavo, so do all the sidequest you can, and get the best weapons too.

sephirothishere
07-14-2007, 10:38 PM
Do all the sidequests.

blackmage_nuke
07-16-2007, 02:39 PM
Dont be afraid to use mega elixers, you wont need them after you kill him... hopefully youve been stingy with all your elixer items until this part of them game

edit: oops forgot about new game plus.. never mind

sephirothishere
07-16-2007, 02:47 PM
I think I used 'slurp kiss' rather than elixirs, I probably used elixirs too, for MP and stuff.

The Unknown Guru
07-23-2007, 01:32 AM
I beat him at level 45 or so. His cycle of attacks is very predictable, so just heal up to full right before and right after Shadow Doom Blaze and you should be fine. However, speed is of the essence, because he pumps himself up after each cycle.

andr0id
07-31-2007, 06:19 AM
My final party is usually Crono, Magus, and frog all about lvl 60. I use luminaire, dark matter, and heal with frog. Frog's main course of action should be healing but when its unneeded, leap slash works good. Make sure you have all 3 characters best equipment by doing the sidequests. Chrono with the rainbow and the prismspecs is a must for max damage. If there comes a point where using magic heals Lavos, Magus should use regular attacks, Crono should use confuse, and Frop... Leap slash. Having a few lapis' is always a good idea as well.

Tip/spoiler?: You can take the Epoch to 1999AD and break through Lavos' shell and get right to harder fights.

Ramza Beoulve
07-31-2007, 08:00 AM
Tip/spoiler?: You can take the Epoch to 1999AD and break through Lavos' shell and get right to harder fights.But that also changes the ending, taking out the opportunity to get the perfect ending.

Sick Boy
07-31-2007, 05:15 PM
Being even just 5 levels higher makes it that much easier, though it can be done at lower levels (the lowest I've beaten the game was with my highest level at level 40.) Just learn the cycle of his attacks since it is always the same, and it's easy from there.

Bolivar
07-31-2007, 07:38 PM
Do all the sidequests.

probably best advice, i did them all except one and with the experience and equipment you get the fight isn't all that challenging.

Reeno the Alchemist
08-01-2007, 03:37 AM
Hmmm it's been like 2 years since i played trigger =-= my advice to you is to be over leveled im always 7 levels ahead of the boss before i fight it =/ (but i never wanna fight the final boss in ct again because it drove me nuts =-=)

Wolf Kanno
08-01-2007, 07:09 AM
Another thing you can do is go to the Black Omen in 1000 A.D. and complete it. Fight Lavos's first form and time travel to the End of Time(a time portal should appear inside his shell so you can leave when you wish.) Then get into the Epoch which has magically reappeared into this time line and travel back to 600 A.D. and go to the Black Omen and complete it again (minus the boss fights, apparently killing them in the future means they die in the past:rolleyes2 ). You can then repeat the process and battle the Black Omen again in 12000 B.C. and that's the last time you can go in. This should really jump up your levels but it also means you have to deal with the rather tedious Black Omen 3 times...

Zeromus_X
08-01-2007, 08:14 AM
But it also means you get six free Megalixirs, and three free Prism Helms and Dresses!