PDA

View Full Version : Help, please?

aliana
06-24-2007, 10:11 PM
What's a good level to enter the Salikawood on? This is my first Final Fantasy game, so I'm kind of flying blind. Right now, all my characters are level thirty. Also, at what point do you get the Strahl, so you can start doing sidequests? Thanks for all the help!

rubah
06-24-2007, 10:25 PM
You don't need the strahl to do sidequests! That's the neat thing about ff12; once you go to a place that has a gatecrystal you can go back whenever you can touch another gatecrystal, if you have the teleport stones.

I think I was around level 35 or so when I entered the salikawood, so you should be okay. The bomb king is really the only difficult thing in there, and you don't have to fight him yet. The phon coast will be a little more difficult :]

Carl the Llama
06-24-2007, 11:40 PM
I would recomend going in around level 33ish... cant remember when you get the strahl so I cant help you on that im afraid.

Renmiri
06-25-2007, 03:26 AM
Yeah, Salikawood has no mandatory boss, the Bomb King is optional and should be tackled a lot later.

Level 33ish is fine. Rush through it, don't linger. Phon Coast right after is a lot prettier, has better loot and a great shop :D

10-Breaker
06-25-2007, 09:50 AM
Yeah, Salikawood has no mandatory boss, the Bomb King is optional and should be tackled a lot later.

Should be tackled a lot later? I tackled it when I was 31! I'd say 29-34 is good level to be in Salikawood.

Xatif
06-25-2007, 02:09 PM
^Seconded.

When I first entered the Salikawood, Vaan was in level 40~42, while the others were around 31~34, so those levels you should have no problem.

You get the Strahl right after the events at Giruvegan. I'd say you still have a lot more to go.

Renmiri
06-25-2007, 05:36 PM

Should be tackled a lot later? I tackled it when I was 31! I'd say 29-34 is good level to be in Salikawood.

Yeah, me too but the only reason to tackle him is to gain passage to Nabreus or Necrohool and for those places you need to be around level 40. Besides, the loot there is poor :eep:

10-Breaker
06-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Not so poor if you know what to kill. ^^

Hambone
06-26-2007, 10:25 PM
I was...level 32. But after training I was at level 36-ish. I made it out just fine. As rubah said, you don't need the strahl to do sidequests, that what the teleport crystals are there for. The Strahl is really only there to be the airship role of FFXII and to take you to the Ridorana Cataract and the Bahamut.

10-Breaker
06-26-2007, 11:33 PM
Hey it is used for the 1st flight to Bhujerba too!