PDA

View Full Version : Goldenboko... Cat Owner?

Goldenboko
06-25-2007, 01:21 AM
There has been this stray cat which me and my family have seen for a while, we decided to take it in and we'll be taking her up to the vet soon :)

Have you ever helped an abandoned animal of some sort?

Anaisa
06-25-2007, 01:32 AM
I got one of my guinea pigs off somebody that was going to give him to a rescue.

Brennan
06-25-2007, 01:38 AM
We had a dog that would hang around our house, she ran away though. Dunno why.

~*~Celes~*~
06-25-2007, 01:39 AM
My cat was found by my little sister's preschool teacher...they had been abandoned by their mother and were being given away for free to anyone who wanted one. We took him in ^-^ Been with us for 1 year and 1 month so far.

atlanteay
06-25-2007, 01:41 AM
i found this large turtle on the streets when i was riding my bike. It was really dried out and had blood smears on its shell. not sure if someone was messing with it or something. I didn't take it home or anything, but i put it in the lake a few blocks away.

daggertrepe
06-25-2007, 01:42 AM
This reminds me of my lost cat... :(

Psychotic
06-25-2007, 01:46 AM
If by "helped" you mean "glued knives to and forced to fight other abandoned animals in an arena of death", yes.

Otherwise no.

NeoCracker
06-25-2007, 02:08 AM
I threw Psychotic a cookie one day.

Jessweeee♪
06-25-2007, 02:19 AM
Yes, I have two kitties, and one of them showed up at our doorstep and wouldn't leave, even though we didn't feed her or give her much attention (okay, we did pet her and scratch her ears a lot, but she's not very affectionate).

Snowball is so cute n.n

My other cat, Misty, freaked out for a bit when we first got her, though o_o

Takara
06-25-2007, 03:23 AM
My current maste- I mean cat, Cashew, was a kitten my father and I rescued one morning. She wasn't even three months old, was infested with worms, and had a badly wounded leg. Our vet guessed that she might have been thrown out of a car.

Originally, we were supposed to bring her to the local shelter for adoption, but she costed so much in vet fees to get her de-wormed and stuff that my mother's greed kicked in, and we kept the kitten. Of course, the resident queen, my other cat E.T., wasn't very pleased to have an adoptive baby sister. They'd fight a lot, then curl up together for a nap on my bed when they thought no one was looking.

Twelve years later, Cashew is a huge lazy indoor cat who loves to get scritches and has a fetish about licking my right foot. Go figure. And she literally got my brother whipped; he'd do anything for her, and she knows it.

Make sure the new cat is up-to-date on vaccines, and have her spayed asap, Boko, assuming she's not already fixed. And remember, you can never own a cat; the cat owns you. ;)

demondude
06-25-2007, 06:18 PM
Yeah it mowed lawns.

http://www.acc.umu.se/~zqad/cats/1181592539-20267invisiblelawnmowerez4.jpg

We got rid of it when we figured out it wasnt real:(

escobert
06-25-2007, 06:24 PM
We had a couple strays that have lived in my house over the years. One of my Betta fish was in a nasty tank with only about 1 inch of water in it and that's why I got him.

licence
06-25-2007, 06:29 PM
We had a dog that was a stray once, but she had puppies and there was no way to look after all of them so we had to give her away. Gave her to an old woman who was really happy with her and she kept one of the pups as well.