PDA

View Full Version : 24 of the weirdest hours

Avarice-ness
06-25-2007, 03:05 AM
So! Starting from 9pm yesterday to today, has been by far the most wonky 24 hours in a -very- long while.

At about 9:30pm or 10pm my sisters husbands bestfriend came over.
At about 11pm, He decided he wanted to get his back waxed.
At about 12:15am, We're waxing his back and getting -obscene- humor out of it.
At about 1am, We decide to play Uno.
At about 3am, We're still playing Uno and we've been having 45+ minute -rounds-, the game seems to never end.
At about 4am, We're -TIRED- but the game is still going on, we play Uno for another 25 minutes.
At about 4:25am, WE FINALLY FINISHED A GAME OF UNO THAT WAS ALMOST 4 HOURS LONG.
At about 5:15am, I fall asleep.

At about 11am, I am awoke, told to take a shower, We're going to the Milwaulkee Brewers game.
At about 1pm, We arive at the stadium, 97% of the tickets are sold, but we get standing seats for free (Highfive Military discount).
At about 1:15pm, We each get a free bobble head.
At about 2pm, We're finally settled.
At about 3pm, We find out that there are special bobble heads only 5000 of them, We have 3 of them. :)

-skippping~-
At about 7pm, I get on Ebay and discover people are selling these things for 30 to 60$.

So! Basically, I helped wax a mans back, Had a 4 hour long game of uno, went to a baseball game for free, and got 3 free bobble heads worth atleast 30$ to 60$ each!

So, what have been your weirdest 24 hours?! :razz:

Værn
06-25-2007, 03:50 AM
I don't know exactly what my weirdest 24 hours was, but I recall an incident where I stayed up 65-70 hours straight watching the first 180 episodes of Naruto after my friend burned them to DVDs.

bipper
06-25-2007, 04:51 AM
My 24 hour periods are often more necrotic and complex than those of Jack Bauer.

Avarice-ness
06-25-2007, 04:52 AM
My 24 hour periods are often more necrotic and complex than those of Jack Bauer.

Yeah I was going to title the thread "24" but I was starting to feel afraid of Jack Bauer busting in.

bipper
06-25-2007, 04:58 AM
If you see Jack Bauer, tell him to call me, and Quin on a three way call. Half way through, if he could put me on hold and call HQ to verify that my objectives for this mission are to indeed GOE like noe other. After returning back from his call, he will more than likely find himself on hold as I am negotiating the surrender of the communists, whom found out just how much I GOEd. I would then click back over and give him directions to the unemployment line. Moral of the story, kill your father if you get the chance. Else you may loose your job. Oh yeah, Quin just wanted me to pick up some KY. Jack is our bitch.

Odaisé Gaelach
06-25-2007, 05:05 AM
Mine would be at the end of May. I slept about 2 hours in 40. Nothing happened though.

Jack is our bitch.

Aren't you still in jail...? :p

I have been violated and need YOUR help! I do not like it in here, the butt pats are a little more than rough, and I do not know how much longer I will last!

Oh yeah, you are! :D

bipper
06-25-2007, 05:25 AM
Mine would be at the end of May. I slept about 2 hours in 40. Nothing happened though.

Jack is our bitch.

Aren't you still in jail...? :p

I have been violated and need YOUR help! I do not like it in here, the butt pats are a little more than rough, and I do not know how much longer I will last!

Oh yeah, you are! :D

I am a talented men. Ask the jailfolk.

Bunny
06-25-2007, 05:46 AM
My days usually look something like this:

Weekdays:

Wake up at 6:45 am
Go to work at 7:00am
Surf the internet and maybe do some work until 3-4pm
Play World of Warcraft until 9-9:30pm
Call girlfriend until 12:30-1am
Go to sleep at 1:30am

Weekends:
Wake up at 9:30am-12pm
Play World of Warcraft until bedtime
Go to bed at ????am

I live the most exciting life imaginable.

Big D
06-25-2007, 06:51 AM
My 24 hour periods are often more necrotic and complex than those of Jack Bauer.?
Surely that should be 'neurotic'? I'd hate to imagine what a 'necrotic' day would be like...

One of my weirdest 24 hours was at the end of last year, when I was hurriedly writing the final law essay of my degree. Started at 4:30 pm, finished at 11:30 am the next day. Non-stop, except for a two-hour period where I had breakfast and tried - and failed - to take a nap. It's rather an odd feeling, when you're at university all night. When you're stuck in a near-deserted computer lab and badly sleep-deprived, it's easy to get distracted by little things like the sunrise.
All-nighters are hardly unusual for students; but the psychological impact of doing that much work, in that little time, with that little sleep, means that the next couple of days are spent in a quasi-haze on the unstable boundary between sheer exhaustion and blissful relief at having finished.

Hambone
06-25-2007, 07:30 AM
Hmm...weirdest day. Oh, 9/11. I was in 2nd grade and everybody who was older than 10 was depressed and crying. I played video games! :)

Meat Puppet
06-25-2007, 07:44 AM
I’m pretty much like Bunny, minus the girlfriend and World of Warcraft.

Tasura
06-25-2007, 08:35 AM
Let's see

Noon - 4:00pm: Get up
Wake up - 6:00pm: Anime
6:00pm - 6:30pm: Supper
6:30pm - 7:00pm: Anime
7:00pm - 10:00pm: Anime and/or PS2
10:00pm - 1:00am: TV and/or PS2
1:00am - 5:00am: Anime
5:00am: Sleep

Repeat on a daily basis.

Disco Potato
06-25-2007, 08:55 AM
Yesterday (Sunday) I went shopping for about 11 hours straight, and was sleeping, eating, watching tv, or packing the rest of the time o_O. I've also pulled off all-nighters and almost-all-nighters in high school and college, which has resulted in some weird days and behavior on my part. The day I graduated from high school was pretty weird too.

Discord
06-25-2007, 02:43 PM

Puff... the things Jack Bauer has to do are cookies compared to my everyday survival in the trams and buses.

Quindiana Jones
06-25-2007, 02:58 PM
I had one hell of a day once. My uncle gave me this ring when he left town, and it turned out to be some evil ring thing. So this old fella' (dunno who he was), told me I had to throw it into some volcano somewhere. So me and my gardener trotted off to this land of evil that, quite inconviently, was riiiiiiiight on the other side of the known world. Sucks, non?

So....we got some other blokes to come with us. We got two Men, some Elfy dude, a Dwarf, and then two other little lads turned up. and the old fella' wanted to come too. Right, first we went through this big mountain thing, and the old fella', being a bit stumbly, fell off the bloody bridge! Stupid man. Everyone was a bit sad then.

After that, we just kinda legged it for a bit, got a boat ride to the edge of a big waterfall, then we were attacked by a load of really ugly things. I think they were chavs. One of the Men died, so we chucked him over the waterfall.

After that, me and my gardener left the other lot (the Man, Elf and Dwarf) and went mountaineering. The two other littl'uns had been taken...somewhere. So me and my mate got this little wrinkly thing to take us over some mountains, and some stinky marshes. Then we went through a big cave and the bloody thing tried to kill me! Not having that! So I chucked him off a cliff too. Then I got stabbed by a ruddy great spider, and taken by some ugly little Orc things.

However, my gardener rescued me! He kicked some serious ass I hear. He was so fearsome that the orcs didn't see he was just a little guy with a stubby little dagger for a sword (size difference, y'see?). What they saw was this huge elf warrior! Bloody mental!

So, I was rescued by the gardener, then we had a little treck over some rocky land, with no water, and climbed a mountain. Again. I tell you, once was fine, but the second time was a real bitch. So yeah...I got to the place where I had to get rid of this ring, but then I decided to keep it! I dunno why! I went a bit nutty and put it on. Luckily (kind of), that little wrinkly guy wasn't dead, and he bit my finger off and fel into the lava. So, there I was: fingerless, waterless, and weakened horribly, surrounded by lava. Me and the gardener just sat on a rock for a while whilst the volcano erupted. Then we kinda passed out a bit.

When I woke up, I was in this really comfy bed, all bandaged up! But more than a day had past by that time, so I won't go into that.

Tallulah
06-25-2007, 03:04 PM
When I stayed up for 36 hours straight on a day trip to Paris via coach and ferry. When I got home, I slept for 13 whole hours!

bipper
06-25-2007, 07:02 PM
Yes, I mean necrotic, damn spell checker! Good catch bigD. I once again have D envy of you.

PhilosopherKing
06-25-2007, 07:10 PM
I once spent 40 hours straight watching all 112 episodes of yu yu hakusho