PDA

View Full Version : Hey all... need help regarding quickenings...

Dataika
06-25-2007, 06:42 AM
This is my first post here but I was wondering if I could get some tips from you regarding quickening chains...

I have a good idea of how to do them but my question is more of strategy. Should I spread out my quickenings? Or should I build up 3 people's overdrives before another party's? I would think that building up 3 would make it easier to change for a certain party... but I'm not sure if that's the best way to do it... what do you think?

CimminyCricket
06-25-2007, 06:50 AM
Have all characters' quickenings full just before a battle, have you strongest characters out first have them bust out their quickenings first, then when those characters die, at least try to heal them, don't let them die, bring out the weaker characters. Have those weaker characters use their quickenings. And finally attack with whatever the boss is weak against. Normal, you don't need to use quickenings on regular monsters.

Hazzard
06-25-2007, 06:52 AM
My advise would be to build up all the party's, if you solely rely on quickening chains as your ideal strategy. If you can't be bothered to max it all out to level 3, then leave at 2. Towards the end of the game you will find that they're not that useful, and you'll hardly use them.

Dataika
06-25-2007, 07:01 AM
Have all characters' quickenings full just before a battle, have you strongest characters out first have them bust out their quickenings first, then when those characters die, at least try to heal them, don't let them die, bring out the weaker characters. Have those weaker characters use their quickenings. And finally attack with whatever the boss is weak against. Normal, you don't need to use quickenings on regular monsters.

Thanks for the reply but it was more of a License board question (sorry, I wasn't very clear in my post). Should I use license points and grab everyone's quickenings spread out evenly? Ie... one person gets one, then the next one gets one, etc... Or should I let a main party get 3 quickenings and then work on the other char's quickenings? Or should I spread them out evenly picking it up for each character?

DarkLadyNyara
06-25-2007, 07:43 AM
I would spread them out. It's much easier to get a decent chain if all three party members can actually use Quickenings.

McLovin'
06-25-2007, 08:03 AM
If you want to cause a lot of damage then have each character learn a quickening and then go into battle with 2 characters and have them do they're stuff then switch and repeat.

Or you can do 3 and switch for 3. (the other 3 can be ur sucky party but they're Quickenings can still be powerful.)

Renmiri
06-25-2007, 06:23 PM
Each character only gets 3 quickenings in the license board so in the end it will be spread out: 3 for each. In the beginning I'd get 3 characters with 3 quickenings ASAP so you can do the combos (http://ffproject.net/forumwiki/index.php/FFXII/Quickenings#Quickening_Combos) sooner.

Also, Little Blue here thaught me a killer strategy for quickenings: Leave them to the end of the fight, because after a certain level all bosses get extra strong when their HP is critical and that is when quickenings can really make a difference.