PDA

View Full Version : Kitna says lions will win 10+

escobert
06-25-2007, 04:40 PM
The Detroit Lions haven't had a winning record since 2000 and haven't won 10 games since 1995. That's all going to change in 2007, according to quarterback Jon Kitna.

Imperfect 10

Jon Kitna predicted at least a 10-win season for the Lions in 2007. That would be a tall task, according to recent NFL history. Only the Cardinals have waited longer than the Lions for a 10-win season.

Appearing on WDFN-AM in Detroit on Thursday, Kitna predicted that the Lions will win more than 10 games this season. The Lions were 3-13 in 2006.

In March, Kitna said the Lions would win 10 games in 2007, but after seeing the team's schedule he adjusted his prediction -- higher.

"I'll keep to myself what I think we actually will win. But it's more than 10 games," Kitna said.

Part of the reason for Kitna's optimism is Calvin Johnson, the team's first-round draft pick.

"I don't like putting a lot of pressure on people, but Calvin Johnson, to me, will have about the same impact that Reggie Bush had in New Orleans," Kitna said. "He's everything that they said he was and more."

are the lions playing like a 30 game season this year or something? I just don't see them winning.

edczxcvbnm
06-25-2007, 04:56 PM
With Greenbay not looking too hot and the Vikings seemingly staying the same I don't think this is out of the realm of possibilities. Who knows how the Bears D will be if Briggs sits out and with Tank Johnson out for their first meeting. They have a decent shot to win 5 games in their division right away.

I want my Packers to do good but they have failed misserably in the draft and in free agency. I just don't see how they can really compete unless everyone just massively improves but there is still a super weak spot at running back.

escobert
06-25-2007, 05:18 PM
I don't see how losing Briggs is really going to effect the Bears d much at all.Both the backup linebackers are good to replace Briggs. Dusty is back, Harris is back. Our d line is fine. Secondary only got better. The bears D without Briggs is better than last year imo.

El Bandito
06-25-2007, 06:18 PM
If I were a Lions fan, that's exactly the guy I'd want to have saying that. The Lions have one of the most explosive passing offenses in the NFL. Additionally, Kevin Jones is so naturally talented and I think he still has the potential to go above and beyond his 2004 numbers. Factor in Mike Martz and this offense has ridiculous potential.

If the defense can hold up decently, then I could see the Lions going the way of the 06 Saints this season and win 10+ in a relatively weak NFC North.

Kirobaito
06-25-2007, 07:59 PM
The Lions always have great potential on offense. Joey Harrington, Roy Williams, Mike Williams, and Charlie Rogers? How can they lose?!

At most I see them winning 6 games. That defense is pretty crappy.

escobert
06-25-2007, 08:03 PM
haven't they taken a receiver in the 1st round like 4 out of the last 5 years?

Oh wow, the bears waived tank today. Bears say goodbye to troubled defensive tackle - Chicago Bears (http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=3549)