PDA

View Full Version : Was this game that bad?

GuitarGuy1181
06-25-2007, 05:13 PM
Was this game really that bad? I was thinking about playing it since I am getting a Wii.....

demondude
06-25-2007, 08:42 PM
Yes yes it is

LunarWeaver
06-25-2007, 09:09 PM
As I understand, it's fun if you have a nice group of friends to play with, and not so much if you don't.

I built a bubble of isolation from my collection of world-wide Faux Pas actions and remarks, and this has left me with no friends to play with. So I didn't enjoy the game at all and I thought it was awful *shrug*

You might be better off just waiting for the sequel at this point.

Zeromus_X
06-25-2007, 09:18 PM
This game can be terribly fun with three other companions or terribly boring alone. I think that in Japan, having three other friends that actually each all have Gamecubes and Gameboy Advances and would actually be willing to sit down and play this game with you would be much more common in the west. I hope that when the sequel comes out it won't force us to have so many devices in order to play multiplayer properly.

f f freak
06-25-2007, 10:05 PM
I once played with my bro and one of my friends and it was pretty fun. I played it on my own once. It sucked. Just don't play it on your own.

Rase
06-30-2007, 08:59 AM
I once played with my bro and one of my friends some friends and it was pretty fun. I played it on my own once. It sucked. Just don't play it on your own.

Markus. D
07-25-2007, 07:46 AM
It's not so awful when alone if you are a grind wh0re.

I prefer playing it with others, but I also have enjoyed soloing it.

scrumpleberry
07-25-2007, 11:29 AM
This game can be terribly fun with three other companions or terribly boring alone. I think that in Japan, having three other friends that actually each all have Gamecubes and Gameboy Advances and would actually be willing to sit down and play this game with you would be much more common in the west. I hope that when the sequel comes out it won't force us to have so many devices in order to play multiplayer properly.

Hear hear!

I got used to playing it alone, but it still isn't so much funs.

Hazzard
07-25-2007, 11:50 PM
I'm getting the one on DS...

Heath
07-29-2007, 02:41 PM
I was only able to play the game with three other people on one occasion, but it was terribly fun when we played it that way. I did make an effort with the single player mode, but it was terribly irritating that it was very particular over third-party memory cards. Not owning an official memory card, I was unable to actually get far in the game without my save being wiped. The DS version looks quite promising though.

XxSephirothxX
07-30-2007, 03:32 AM
No, it's not bad at all. Even if you play it by yourself, it's by no means a "bad" game. It's just not what many people would expect, and it can be pretty boring. The stat, magic, and food systems are all impressively complex, considering the gameplay appears to be a basic hack-and-slash.

The art style is wonderful, the music is charming, etc. It has a great feel. The only downside is that it just doesn't stay very entertaining with one person. With more, it's quite entertaining.

A lot of people like to bitch about it simply because it's not like most of the Final Fantasy games. The sequels should improve upon the original considerably, as the DS version will only require a DS and the Wii version a Wii, and Ring of Fates looks like it'll have a much larger focus on plot than the first game.

Jowy
08-01-2007, 05:33 PM
Dude, Crystal Chronicles is awesome. We just need a third man to carry the stupid chalice thing around and be our healing slave.

Roto13
08-02-2007, 07:10 AM
I like it alone, but most people don't seem to.

Markus. D
08-03-2007, 12:54 PM
Dude, Crystal Chronicles is awesome. We just need a third man to carry the stupid chalice thing around and be our healing slave.

Mirage refers to them as "Walking High Potion"s :3

pspkilla
08-05-2007, 02:43 AM
I liked this game and I never played with other people, It's not bad at all, It's very different than the usual, and I liked that you were able to combine spells, and use your magic as often as you wanted too.

Luigidudeman
08-14-2007, 06:24 PM
I find this game WAY better than any other Final Fantasy for sure.

Well, I've only played FFX and Crystal Chronicles and I definetly like FF:CC WAY more.

XxXblack-abyssXxX
08-29-2007, 11:20 PM
this game is no good without other players.
:eep:

Breine
10-15-2007, 08:26 PM
It's mostly a multiplayer game, so I'd suggest that you only buy it if you have the possibility of playing it in that mode. The game is also pretty enjoyable in single mode, though, but to experince the full potential you'd have to go with multiplayer all the way.

I heard that the sequel (which will be a Wii release) will be a single player game? - or maybe that's just me?

Nifleheim7
10-15-2007, 09:34 PM
I heard that the sequel (which will be a Wii release) will be a single player game? - or maybe that's just me?

I don't know if it will support single player mode but it will be available through the Wii Ware service.
Crossblades posted info and pics here (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-crystal-chronicles/110467-final-fantasy-crystal-chronicles-young-king-promised-land.htm)

Masamunemaster
10-16-2007, 07:44 AM

I cant wait that will be a lot better

Lynx
10-19-2007, 07:56 AM
well i thought the story was horrible but i did have fun playing it. i even played it alone. id say the games more about gameplay then story. i hope the 2nd one has a stronger story though.