PDA

View Full Version : Attackga!

LunarWeaver
06-26-2007, 12:41 AM
As the darling Quistis semi-explains, hitting the R1 button at the moment of attack gives you extra damage. So, how good are you folks at this :eyebrow:.

With Squall we're all good because his Hit stat is 768953%, but let's assume the others aren't junctioned up to bajesus like near the beginning.

I can usually get Quistis and Irvine, but I have issues with Selphie, Rinoa, and Zell. In fact, I don't even know if I'm supposed to hit R1 when Rinoa actually shoots her Yuffie-wrist or when the projectile collides with the enemy >_>. For all I know, I hit it at the completely opposite time I'm supposed to.

Mirage
06-26-2007, 01:09 AM
Pressing R1 during attacks does nothing for characters without a gunblade. The hit stat has nothing to do with using the R1 button either, except that a successful triggering won't result in added damage if Squall is blinded.

LunarWeaver
06-26-2007, 01:11 AM
But I get it all the time with Quistis. I hit it during her loop upwards and constantly get critical hits. I swear to god I'm not making this up.

Edit: I can't find any confirmation one way or the other anywhere. Is it possible it was all in my head all this time? Am I even more insane than I thought I was? Should I be choked to death with a tie and laughed at by fat children in slippers? I will be MOST upset if the R1 attack does nothing for the other characters and I've been trying to hit it all this time.

Mirage
06-26-2007, 01:17 AM
The luck stat increases the rate of critical hits for other characters. Maybe you've just got high luck, to mention actual real life luck?

Namelessfengir
06-26-2007, 01:27 AM
it does work with the other characters just squall quistis zell are the easist.

Mirage
06-26-2007, 01:46 AM
No, if it seems like it works, it's just pure luck. R1 pulls the trigger, and there are no triggers on the other weapons. Wait, except some of Rinoa's weapons, perhaps. Regardless, R1 is for gunblades only.

Zeromus_X
06-26-2007, 02:13 AM
Heh, I'd always do the same thing. I always thought it was a SMRPG type of thing with the characters' attacks, but I was never absolutely sure. :p

Mirage
06-26-2007, 02:15 AM
I used to do it all the time, until I noticed it made no difference what so ever.

Skyblade
06-26-2007, 02:18 AM
R1 is for gunblades only. Squall's and Seifer's weapons are the only ones which can get the guaranteed criticals this way.

Personally, I believe this is why Squall and Seifer have the perfect hit rate of 255%. People would feel cheated if they executed the crit attack perfectly but didn't get any damage because the character missed.

Xurts
06-26-2007, 02:33 AM
Like what's been said above, it only works for gunblades.

Skyblade
06-26-2007, 02:47 AM
Also, for those who may not have noticed, Squall and Seifer are the only characters who can not get critical hits if you do nothing during the attack animation.

Mirage
06-26-2007, 02:51 AM
You can set the trigger control to automatic, granting you a crit rate of about 75% or something.

Skyblade
06-26-2007, 02:56 AM
I meant normally. :P Setting the crit rate to auto prevents you from using the trigger yourself. And I prefer the 100% crit rate that Squall gets with the trigger on manual.

Mirage
06-26-2007, 03:05 AM
I knew you were, I was just specifying it.

ReloadPsi
06-26-2007, 03:09 AM
It's Gunblades only. If you find that hard to believe, try holding the controller, rest your index finger over R1, then keep your hand in that position and remove the controller. Should look like you're holding an invisible gun. That's the whole freakin' reason they picked R1 for that function... do you not think it'd otherwise be weird for Irvine's Limit Break to use the same button?

Incidentally, there is an Attackga in the game: It's called "Darkside" and costs about 12.5% of your HP to excute if memory serves.

LunarWeaver
06-26-2007, 06:56 AM
While playing Diablo II with the crew, I asked a friend if it worked with everyone, and he also said that it doesn't. He said he always used to think it was working with Quistis and Irvine too, but it actually doesn't do a thing. SRL also confirmed it doesn't do a damn thing.

He said it's indeed called R1 "trigger" because, you know, of the gunblade thing.

I can't believe this was ALL in my head. I feel quite upset. I always did wonder why I got it so easily with Squall and yet the others were "harder" (aka because it's not working at all). I feel quite upset now. Please, somebody give me a shoulder to cry on. I will cry my acidic tears all over the place.

Well, unless somebody can think of a better topic to shift towards, I think this can just be closed then. :jess: