PDA

View Full Version : The elusive "A" item

Skyblade
06-26-2007, 02:22 AM
I recently acquired the FFVIII PC edition, which comes complete with Chocobo World! I just started this little game (Boco is only level 4), but I have already acquired an "A" item, which every walkthrough indicates is the rarest item in the game, and nearly impossible to get, due to the item generation methods. Haven't transferred it over yet, because I haven't yet reached Boco (I'm only at the first dream sequence), but I am very much looking forward to claiming this uber-rare item.

Has anyone else obtained any rare/special items in Chocobo World?

Mirage
06-26-2007, 02:52 AM
I got a dark matter through chocobo world once. it was neat.

ReloadPsi
06-26-2007, 03:13 AM
I got a dark matter through chocobo world once. it was neat.

This. There are Ribbons too, very handy as they mean you don't have to carry as much magic around for ST-Def-J. In fact the only spell you need junction to that once you've got Ribbon is Death. Unless you're relying on it to one-hit-kill everything of course.

rubah
06-26-2007, 03:18 AM
How exactly are you supposed to use a ribbon in ff8?

Skyblade
06-26-2007, 03:53 AM
The Ribbon item (only obtainable through Chocobo World) teaches a GF the "Ribbon" ability, which is equipped in the character abilities, under Command Abilities. It can be equipped just like Mug, the Bonus Abilities, Stat +% abilities, Move-Find, Enc-None, etc... When equipped, it grants immunity to all status effects (except Death).

Takero
06-26-2007, 11:42 AM
I got even items like magic lamp and Solomon ring from chocobo world

Serapy
06-27-2007, 02:12 AM
So what exactly is the "A" item?? What does it do?

Mirage
06-27-2007, 01:29 PM
It's not a "the A item". The A items are a group of really rare items, such as "friendship", "dark matter" and "ribbon".

Hyperion4444
06-28-2007, 08:15 PM
A better tip:
Go to the save files data
copy and paste your Choco RPG somewhere else
then import your chocobo and send it back to it's world.
copy and paste your other Choco RPG to replace the one in the save files.
Repeat.

I'm sure all of you got this by now, but just wanted to make sure.

Like this you can have infinite items, gils by selling them, item ups to boost your characters.
The only thing that are not in that game are Magazines.
Yes, even items such as Edea's letter can be found.

The A item can be mostly ANY rare item in the game, most of them are Ups like
HP UP
STR UP
SPD UP
LUCK UP
Ect...