PDA

View Full Version : I hate when you are not allowed things...

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-26-2007, 12:12 PM
So after work last night/today I went out with some co-workers to come back and find a sign apologizing for the inconvenience but today, June 26th, from 8am to 5pm the water in the building will be cut off.

At that point I became thirsty and needed to use the washroom. Why is it when we are not allowed to have or do something, we want it more or suddenly crave it?

To give this thread a point, what was something you recently wanted to do immediately when you found out you could not do it?

Side note: I wanted to clean my apartment today. x-x

Firo Volondé
06-26-2007, 01:24 PM
When my supply of grapefruit ran out, :eek: I immediately wanted to eat more grapefruit. :( I always want to eat grapefruit though, :drool: so I'm not sure that counts. :bigsmile:

Levian
06-26-2007, 01:35 PM
I get it when I'm in the store and they're out of stock of something, like olives. I've never even tasted olives, but I'd like to have the option to do so!

smittenkitten
06-26-2007, 01:48 PM
All the time, when I run out of chocolate I think I really need to buy some but then I don't want to eat it. I think that has happened once all the other times I've ate the whole bar. :)

Bunny
06-26-2007, 02:15 PM
When I want to do something, I do it. Regardless of whether or not I am allowed to or not supposed to, I find a way to do it. I let nothing stand in my way.

Levia, go to another store. :O

Peegee
06-26-2007, 03:52 PM
Somebody with a psychology background will start saying some nonsense about how we will want the things that we think have limited supply because it is rare or even appears to be rare.

Silly humans.