PDA

View Full Version : Triple Triad

Skyblade
06-26-2007, 01:15 PM
Is it possible to abolish all the additional rules for an area? Or are you forced to keep at least one at all times?

TheSpoonyBard
06-26-2007, 04:10 PM
You must have a Trade Rule, but all the others can be abolished.

Xurts
06-26-2007, 07:59 PM
You have to have at least 1 rule when you play. Not counting the trade rule either. So no, you can't abolish all rules from a region.

rubah
06-26-2007, 09:40 PM
You can from Balamb!

McLovin'
06-27-2007, 12:45 AM
I'm guessing you want to get rid of random?

Skyblade
06-27-2007, 01:50 AM
Actually, I kinda want to abolish every rule except Open. I started from Balamb and moved to Timber, which has only the Same rule. I wanted to eliminate Same, so that I could later introduce Open. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to let you eliminate the last rule in a town.

Rocket Edge
06-27-2007, 05:13 PM
From what I know, you can talk to the Card Queen about it in Balamb, or else play a several games in either Balamb or Balamb Garden. You'll see the rules fall one by one after awhile, with only the Open rule remaining.

Skyblade
06-28-2007, 04:33 PM
Great, I've found a glitch in the card game on the PC version. When I load up a save file, the game seems to always take away my Bite Bug and Gayla cards. When I win the card in a card game, it will add the one I won to my total, but before the game it will say I have none. So I go from zero to seven, then next time, zero to eight, etcetera. And it seems to happen everytime I load. Anyone know of this glitch or how to get around it?

Hyperion4444
06-28-2007, 06:21 PM
It does that to on mine, it doen't mean you cannot complete your deck of cards.
Also, don't know if it's a glitch on intentional, when you card modify your first bite bug in third laguna scene, first laguna scene in disk 2, it transforms in an Elvoret Card instead.
This happened to me a multitude of times, but it's only the first time, the rest you get bite bugs.

The way to get around.
You must not win thoses two cards.
First, when you do get the cards, modify them.
Then, in order to have both cards without loosing them.
You need to Card Modify the monsters and not win the cards in games.
Then you'll have the cards however if you do collect either one card in a card challenge again, you'll loose or may loose them both again.

To remove all rule, play in towns that doesn't have all the rules, loose the rules and your set.

Xurts
06-28-2007, 07:04 PM
It's times like this that I am more than happy with my PS1 version of the game. Oh, and btw:

You have to have at least 1 rule when you play. Not counting the trade rule either. So no, you can't abolish all rules from a region.

Hyperion4444
06-28-2007, 07:51 PM
It's times like this that I am more than happy with my PS1 version of the game. Oh, and btw:

Very sorry to contradit you on this one.
You need at least one trade rule. (But that's a given)
However, You can abolish all the other rules in a region.

Small Example: if you play in Garden(open rule) then play in Timber(same rule), you can have two things beside nothing.
1-Open rule has spread in this region
2-Same rule has abolished in this region
If Timber doesn't have the same rule anymore.
Then it's nothing and one card trade rule.

This process may take some time and alot of restart.

rubah
06-28-2007, 08:15 PM
Also, don't know if it's a glitch on intentional, when you card modify your first bite bug in third laguna scene, first laguna scene in disk 2, it transforms in an Elvoret Card instead.
This happened to me a multitude of times, but it's only the first time, the rest you get bite bugs.

Elvoret is a rare result for Carding bite bugs. Caterchipilars can also be carded into Traumas. An easy way to buff your deck before going to the Dollet mission.

Xurts
06-29-2007, 01:38 AM

Very sorry to contradit you on this one.
You need at least one trade rule. (But that's a given)
However, You can abolish all the other rules in a region.

Small Example: if you play in Garden(open rule) then play in Timber(same rule), you can have two things beside nothing.
1-Open rule has spread in this region
2-Same rule has abolished in this region
If Timber doesn't have the same rule anymore.
Then it's nothing and one card trade rule.

This process may take some time and alot of restart.
In your example, Same will not be abolished unless you spread Open first. Try it if you don't believe me. I guarantee that you will not be able to abolish the last rule in a region.

You can choose to erase the rules in Balamb but I'm not sure if Open stays. I've never tried it so I'm not sure what exactly happens.

Hyperion4444
06-29-2007, 02:42 AM
I wouldn't say it if it didn't happened to me...
Maybe I could find a picture to prove it, but it'll go to tommorow at best.

Skyblade
06-29-2007, 03:25 AM
Gaining them through Carding enemies didn't let me keep them. My Gayla card count refuses to go above 1, and my Bite Bug and Red Bat cards vanish at various times.

Ender
06-29-2007, 02:29 PM
I know that with some careful planning it is possible to establish Open as the only active rule everywhere--I successfully had Open as the only rule everywhere but Centra I think, or maybe Esthar, which had Same Wall which is pointless since it doesn't come into play without Same.

Xurts
06-29-2007, 06:08 PM
I know that with some careful planning it is possible to establish Open as the only active rule everywhere--I successfully had Open as the only rule everywhere but Centra I think, or maybe Esthar, which had Same Wall which is pointless since it doesn't come into play without Same.
That's what I have on my game right now. Everything is abolished except for Same in 1 or 2 places because I like it. It gets tricky at the end because you need to keep rules to abolish Lunar's.

Skyblade
06-29-2007, 08:43 PM
What rules does the Space Station have again?

Oh, and if you refine the Pu Pu card to get the Hungry Cookpot, can you win it back from the CC group? You can win back every other rare card you mod, but Pu Pu is kind of an odd card...

TheSpoonyBard
06-29-2007, 09:42 PM
The Lunar Base has Open, Same, Plus, Same/Plus Wall, Elemental, Random and Sudden Death. If you refine Pupu you can't get it back.