PDA

View Full Version : FF Anniversary letdown?

Ashley Schovitz
06-26-2007, 07:12 PM
I know alot of you here must be thinking and feeling this. That why has Square given us a new port of the original two FF games when there are four others ways to get it already without anything siginificant about it to make me purchase it. Well I still haven't played the games myself, but I can understand what you're feeling the new thing is the graphics and just throwing a bottle of fresh new paint isn't really significant enough for me to buy this game right?

I agree on that terms and as it being the 20th anniversary, if it was me I would remake the game entirely refresh the experience by putting the game in a 3-D world increase the scope of the world. Deepen the simplistic storyline and fix all the small quirks the game had while still keeping the same freshning experience it gave once before. I would port to PS2 and the PSP if it was me to make it available to a greater variety of people.

What do you say on this?

Namelessfengir
06-26-2007, 07:26 PM
i have two divergent trins of thought on this
#1 ill kill them and reek havoc through downtown tokyo
#2 i won't do anyting cuz i didn't notice or care.
which do you prefer?:confused:

Crossblades
06-26-2007, 07:43 PM
I would port to PS2 and the PSP if it was me to make it available to a greater variety of people.

Why PS2? The PS2 is dead and plus, you can play FF Origins on the PS2. I would port it to the DS instead since more people own a DS than a PSP, but then again you could play Dawn of Souls on the DS.

Hazzard
06-26-2007, 09:01 PM
I would port to PS2 and the PSP if it was me to make it available to a greater variety of people.

Why PS2? The PS2 is dead and plus, you can play FF Origins on the PS2. I would port it to the DS instead since more people own a DS than a PSP, but then again you could play Dawn of Souls on the DS.

Errr, no, the PS2 still is live and has things going for it. Xbox is dead.

rubah
06-26-2007, 09:27 PM
the ps2 is still viable because no one can afford a ps3 xD

ff#
06-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Actually I don’t feel that way at all. I’m rather happy they released the originals, as the classic 2-D games are sometimes all I’m in the mood for. I really cant wait to tackle the new dungeon!
It quite obvious I’m not the only one who feels this way, as the FF advance series for GBA was very successful.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
lol at 360, its ok for FFXI, but with all the maintenance they do on XBOX live, its not practical… and that’s, well, all there is for the 360 so….
<o:p> </o:p>
PS3 is great! With recent FW update, it upscale PS/PS2 games to full 1080p. I just finished FF7, playing in 1080p, graphics like we never seen before. I also started FFX after the update, that’s just plain amazing in HD quality. PS3 is worth it so far just because I can play FFVII-XII in 1080p!

DrewPickles
06-27-2007, 08:08 PM
It looks like a failed RMXP project. They probably used that program to make this game. Square must be doing good for themselves nowadays.

Bolivar
06-27-2007, 09:47 PM
I completely agree with the threadstarter.

If FFI and II are such great games (which i really think they are) they should be given the full makeover to do them justice. I think the graphic and sound improvements for the current remakes was amazing, they're both very enjoyable in this format. But like I said, if they're so great, let's get them in a full great experience. They could at least let you change the base colors for the original jobs.

When I saw the FMVs for the playstation version, it really made me wonder why they just wouldn't go ahead and do it if they care about them so much.

And when I played Dragon Quest VIII, I really felt like they should have remade 1 in the same vein as that. the turn-based battles just really made me realize that, and I think they could make the FFI world just as great as that one, it would do it more justice.

I'd buy it.

Croyles
07-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Its weird how FFIII gets a complete remake on the DS but on the PSP which is a more powerfull handheld they just tweaked FFI and II a little.

Takara
07-03-2007, 11:32 PM
Well, they probably expected the PSP version to be a flop considering there are far less people who have a PSP than people who have a DS.

And, yeah, PS2 is still going strong. The PS3 is still way too expensive for many gamers. If I had 700$ CAN to waste, I'd use it for stuff I actually need, like a new computer, or I'd use it to pay part of my student loans, or to go to the dentist (as crazy as it sounds. PS3 < getting that big cavity that hurts like hell dealt with)...

Obsidian
07-04-2007, 12:35 AM
I remember wayyy back when FF1 and FF2 were remade on the wonderswan. Those graphical updates were sexy. Two ports and six-ish years later, the cool-factor is kind of gone. Not a very good way to celebrate an aniversary, if you ask me, unless you have some sort of fetish for 16:9 widescreen.

I had really hoped that the two PSP releases would feature translated NES versions, but it looks like that's not going to happen. Now THAT would have made me purchase them.

fredsanford
07-22-2007, 03:05 PM
I dont like them changing the game so much. I thought the PS version was much easier than the orig version.