PDA

View Full Version : I'm my own secretary!

Avarice-ness
06-26-2007, 09:33 PM
So like, A few weeks ago, I invested in one of those like monthly/weekly planners, because I'm in -very- big need of order when it comes to doing what I need to do.

This is about the first time I've ever kept up with one, and it's actually a bit easier than having to remember when to pay my bills or when to call my school back or my landlord so I can get my keys and such!

I feel like my own secretary!

So~ How many of you guys keep a calander, or a daily/weekly/monthly planner of sorts? Does it help you when you need to get things done or do you forget you even have it half the time? :razz:

Peegee
06-26-2007, 09:35 PM
I'm sure it will be helpful but it's so against my personality to be tied down to something (especially something like a piece of paper!) that I generally hate and don't use those planner things.

Which is pretty sux because my mother bought me several of them as I grew up. I never used any. The ones that our high school handed out? Graffiti.

oddler
06-26-2007, 09:37 PM
Yes.

I have a Microsoft Excel Worksheet set up for what I need to do every day. When I was still in school, I had it down to the hours of the day. I keep a list of all my groceries that I buy and when I get low I buy more. I even keep a budget tab and track how much money I spend on everything.

Avarice-ness, call on line 4.

Avarice-ness
06-26-2007, 09:37 PM
I'm sure it will be helpful but it's so against my personality to be tied down to something (especially something like a piece of paper!) that I generally hate and don't use those planner things.

Which is pretty sux because my mother bought me several of them as I grew up. I never used any. The ones that our high school handed out? Graffiti.

I always ripped out my high school planner up and made it into paper airplanes. Of course, I was -anything- but orderly in high school.

Forget to turn in homework, kiss up to still be able to turn it in! Hooray!

And yeah, I'm just starting to get my bills, rent, school dates, all kinds of jumbled up, to it's making it easier. :D

Odaisé Gaelach
06-26-2007, 09:38 PM
The most I really have is a Things To Do List. :)

Hambone
06-26-2007, 09:53 PM

Shlup
06-26-2007, 09:54 PM
During the beginning of each quarter at school I use an organizer, but after a few weeks I don't need it anymore.

bipper
06-26-2007, 09:59 PM
My calender is connected to my Gmail Calender, and it syncs with my phone, which vibrates and offers a moment of pleasure as it reminds me that I am late to do something.

I swear, my three year old daughter is still my secretary though. She acts like it.

~*~Celes~*~
06-26-2007, 10:25 PM
I want to keep an organizer 'cause I feel so spiffy and organized when I do (I LOVE feeling organized, and I take great pleasure and pride in organizing my stuff, and other people's stuff :bigsmile: Call it a fetish, if you will.), but I always remember what I have to do anyway, and then I forget to write it down, if that's possible ^^;

Araciel
06-26-2007, 10:27 PM
funk dat man...i live day to day like a champ

Meat Puppet
06-26-2007, 10:35 PM
As useful as planners are, I’ve never been able to stick to one for more than a month (and it is mostly less).

Shiny
06-26-2007, 10:45 PM
The high school I attend gives us planners; which I use. But, now since school is out I just use the calender in my cellphone. It's useful with reminding me I need to cut people and at what dates.

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-26-2007, 10:54 PM
Mine is limited to the dry erase calendar I have on my bedroom door. I use it to keep track of my hours and remind me of events (like bills, due dates, etc...). I plan on buying a large dry erase board before classes start in the fall so that I can use it for a variety of things, like messages for roommate, grocery list, to do list, etc...

Leen-Leen
06-26-2007, 11:28 PM
I have a white board and a calender in my room, it helps out a lot! And plus the white board is fun to use anyway! xD

rubah
06-26-2007, 11:37 PM
I do some minor secretarial work for my dad and very little for myself.

yanis
06-27-2007, 03:11 AM
I'm planning in Excel what dvds and comics should I buy...and what games to download!

PhilosopherKing
06-27-2007, 03:14 AM
I like to wing it. I hardly ever make plans unless its really really important.