PDA

View Full Version : Continental Circus

BG-57
06-26-2007, 10:10 PM
I was wandering through a comic store the other day and I found a small-scale replica of the FFX Airship. The name on the box called it the Continental Circus. So it has a name after all! I don't remember it being given a name in the game itself.

http://www.toysnjoys.com/finalfantasy/continentalcircus.jpg

It seems to be canonical. Although I don't get the 'circus' part. Maybe because it's festively colored? :confused:

Enjolras
06-27-2007, 12:46 AM
I thought it had been confirmed the name was Farenheit, in X-2 I think. Are you sure the 'Continental Circus' wasn't a brand label or something?

Hambone
06-27-2007, 01:17 AM
lol Farenheit and Celsius.

Tavrobel
06-27-2007, 03:10 AM
Does that mean that the Airship in X-2 is five-ninths and thirty-two feet less than the original Airship?

Renmiri
06-27-2007, 03:33 AM
I've heard the Continental Circus name mentioned but I think it is the toy manufacturer that came up with it iirc

Sain Cai
06-27-2007, 06:53 AM
I will have to say that Continental Circus may be the name of the airship. Here is an ad from a store:
From Final Fantasy Mechanical Arts line, this is a perfect die cast replica of the airship, Continental Circus! Made by Kotobukiya of Japan, this piece includes metal and plastic parts, amazing detail work, and stunning paint jobs
Toys N Joys Online - Final Fantasy X Toys (http://www.toysnjoys.com/ffx_figures.html)

Also ebay describes it as such: Manufacturer: Kotobukiya / Play Arts
eBay.co.uk: FINAL FANTASY Mechanical Arts CONTINENTAL CIRCUS FFX (item 280101071452 end time 02-Jul-07 14:41:04 BST) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FINAL-FANTASY-Mechanical-Arts-CONTINENTAL-CIRCUS-FFX_W0QQitemZ280101071452QQihZ018QQcategoryZ16462QQcmdZViewItem)

Little Blue
06-27-2007, 09:43 AM
I would guess its called "Circus" because of that massive disk on it, I've heard of major roads here in the UK that make a circle being called a circus, so maybe the same logic applies to it?

BG-57
06-27-2007, 07:12 PM
I've heard people in the forums suggesting it should be called Farenheit, but I don't remember it being mentioned in FFX-2.

The name was on the box in the same location that Sister Ray and Fenrir were on models of the same from FFVII and AC, respectively.

It seems that it was approved by Square, so they seem to be tacitly agreeing with the name, even if they didn't pick it.

And the circle thing makes sense. It would be called a rotary here (pronounced 'road-tree').

rubah
06-27-2007, 07:24 PM
Well I'll be jiggered.

Sain Cai
06-28-2007, 04:11 AM
And the circle thing makes sense. It would be called a rotary here (pronounced 'road-tree').

Not sure where you are from, but here in mASS, usa ITS CALLED A RO-TER-EEE
oops sorry bout caps

Zeromus_X
06-28-2007, 04:33 AM
Well I'll be jiggered.

BG-57
06-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Not sure where you are from, but here in mASS, usa ITS CALLED A RO-TER-EEE
oops sorry bout caps

I'm either south or west of you, depending if you're from the Cape (Cod) or not. I'm citing no less an authority than Mark Patinkin's The Rhode Island Dictionary, illustrated by Don Bosquet. Of course the book is intended to be humorous. :D

Enjolras
06-28-2007, 11:50 PM
Hmm, perhaps it is Continental Circus then. It's ages since I've played X-2, but if the name Farenheit's anywhere I think it's somewhere in Shinras info stockpile aboard the ship. It doesn't bother me either way, I just for some reason had thought Squeenix had confirmed it's name as being Farenheit. It's quite possible I'm wrong.

Markus. D
06-29-2007, 09:45 AM
Perhaps a rough translation the Japanese Name for it?

Little Blue
06-29-2007, 05:40 PM
Hmm, perhaps it is Continental Circus then. It's ages since I've played X-2, but if the name Farenheit's anywhere I think it's somewhere in Shinras info stockpile aboard the ship. It doesn't bother me either way, I just for some reason had thought Squeenix had confirmed it's name as being Farenheit. It's quite possible I'm wrong.
I think it was mentioned in the X-2 ultimania guide, not the actual game, but kinda official anyway...

Vivisteiner
06-29-2007, 11:02 PM
Its farenheit I swear.