PDA

View Full Version : Just got the PSP version on my lunch break

ff#
06-27-2007, 06:20 PM
Just picked up the PSP version of FF1 on my lunch break at best buy. Being a smart little light warrior myself i also brought my PSP in the car today <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 11.25pt; HEIGHT: 11.25pt" alt="0" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\jhildebr\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
anyway, started her up and everything is as explained so far. I only got to the pirate fight and got the ship, but all is well.<o:p></o:p>
the game is MUCH, repeat, MUCHHHH easier then the original NES. about as i remember the PS/GBA version being... lets hope that new end dungeon is as hard as they claim <v:shape id=_x0000_i1026 style="WIDTH: 11.25pt; HEIGHT: 11.25pt" alt="0" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/eek.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\jhildebr\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image002.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>
I put an NES emulator on my mobile phone a few months back and recently beat the original FF1(again) so i think im still remembering how hard that one is.<o:p></o:p>
anyway, one thing i noticed, and i wonder if i just missed this for the past 20 years. I chose 2 black mages and when they both reached lv2, they had different stats??<o:p></o:p>
they both had the same equips but<o:p></o:p>
one BLM had more HP and MP while the other had more INT. what?! i dont remember different stats on the same class in ff1 does anyone else? <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

Hambone
06-28-2007, 07:58 PM
Oh I got it yesterday too! Highfive! Alright! I chose the default jobs so I didn't really notice anything. This is also my first time playing the first FF.

Bolivar
06-28-2007, 11:06 PM
so difficulty about the same as DoS/origins? No multiple difficulties.

To answer your question, at every level up it is randomized how your stats increase, at least it was in the original NES FF. I know one strategy was to save state before a level up and reset until you get the best stats. if repeated enough times, your characters get REALLY good.

ValiantKnight
07-04-2007, 04:11 PM
I believe the original formula(first learned it from reading on here, or in a walkthrough.. maybe it was Unne's or someone else), goes like this:

On level up:
Increase HP 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6
Increase each stat by 0-1 individually
*If* this is a HP level, increase HP another 25

In Theory you could get a "HP" level with 31hp, and all stats + 1
or you could get a regular level with 1hp and no stats.

Spell charges were fixed amounts though... and a lvl 3 BM should have the same as any other lvl 3 BM. They seem to have changed that in the new versions though.

loinharte
11-18-2007, 03:02 PM
i have to wait till christmas:(

XxSephirothxX
11-19-2007, 03:24 AM
Please don't revive threads that haven't been posted in for four months, especially when there's nothing to add to the original topic! Feel free to create a new thread about buying FFI on your lunchbreak if it's relevant to you. ;)