PDA

View Full Version : Knights of the Round even kicks the PS3’s A$$

ff#
06-27-2007, 08:31 PM
lol, what a summon, 12 knights that can just about own any standard mob in the game. Even outside the game, Knights of the round kicks the PS3 A$$ in gameplay lol.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
with recent FW update allowing PS/PS2 games to upscale to 1080p, when using this summon the system lags out for the majority of the animation, framrates drop to 1 or 2... This is why i believe it took sony so long to release upscaling, with dedicated hardware for PS/PS2 games, it cant handle more then the default 480i resolution in some parts, knights of the round graphic animation at 1080p is too much for PS1 hardware in the PS3.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I wonder if the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">UK</st1:country-region></st1:place> has this problem, their PS1 is emulated on the PS3 hardware, in theory they should not have this problem. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Good news, other then this one summon, I did not have a single drop in FPS throughout the game, all upscaled to full 1080p. This alone, has made the PS3 a great purchase, the ability to play ff7-12 in 1080p is just sweet!~<o:p></o:p>

Xurts
06-27-2007, 10:13 PM
:p Great. :p :p :p

Bolivar
06-27-2007, 10:15 PM
Yeah i read your other post about this, that sounds really great, and i'll have something to do w/ my ps3 other than MGS4/FFXIII/GTA4

sucks about KOR though. How do the other summons look?

grim07
06-27-2007, 10:41 PM
I'll get a PS3 when they drop down in price. I can wait to play FFXIII, which would be the only game I would WANT for the PS3 so far. The line up on that system really sucks.

ReloadPsi
07-05-2007, 01:32 PM
sucks about KOR though. How do the other summons look?

Jagged.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
07-05-2007, 08:58 PM
not tried any of my ps or ps2 games on my ps3 yet, mainly cos i havn't got a memory card adapter but also cos i dont want to wear out the precious laser! :D and for the record, while KotR is an awesome summon, i think it's only necessary for uber bosses liek WEAPONs and sephi, otherwise wiating for it to go through all the animation over and over unnecessarily is boring

ReloadPsi
07-05-2007, 09:25 PM
for uber bosses liek sephi

It's not even necessary for Sephiroth. People just don't quite realise how easy he is until they're fighting him again and they pull off a simple 2x-Cut and he suddenly dies when you thought he had a lot more juice left.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
07-06-2007, 02:29 PM
oh and i use it on final jenova battle just to boost sephi's stats, gotta love the challenge :D

daggertrepe
07-06-2007, 02:47 PM
:p

Serapy
07-07-2007, 07:26 PM
:p I love this smile :p :p :p

:p anyway :p yes I'll buy :p when :p the price of it has dropped :p

Trisdyn
07-28-2007, 04:44 AM
Pwned. I got one this weekend cause of the price drop. (Yes, there was a $150 price drop this week. At least in Canada, anyways.)

Though I only got one game, Virtua Tennis 3. It's okay I guess. I'm just waiting for the good games to come out. :)

Did you turn on the smoothing option? I bet that can probably affect the frame rate as well

Rengori
07-28-2007, 06:22 AM
I'm sorry, what?