PDA

View Full Version : Age Old Question

Spammerman
06-28-2007, 03:55 AM
After viewing this (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jkrn6ecxthM) , this question inspired me to make a thread
So which is ultimate, MAC OR PC?

Ryth
06-28-2007, 04:08 AM
[/throws in the first "Linux!" post]

Spammerman
06-28-2007, 04:10 AM
guess i forgot about them. Can an admin at that to the poll(LINUX)

Brennan
06-28-2007, 04:33 AM
My opinion is PC

Zeromus_X
06-28-2007, 04:36 AM
Added on Linux as a poll option.

I would pick PC, since any and all Macs that I have ever used feel uncomfortable and are frustrating to use.

Spammerman
06-28-2007, 04:43 AM
Thanks to you

chrs229
06-28-2007, 04:59 AM
PC is best imo

Araciel
06-28-2007, 05:02 AM
pc all they way...for a plethora of reasons

Rostum
06-28-2007, 09:55 AM
With Mac's starting to gain the same components as an average PC, I don't really see a need for them. Some people argue that Mac's are best for graphics and design, though I can actually use a lot more 3D development applications and the same (if not more) design and post-production applications on a PC.

Sure, Jaguar looks like it's going to be a fairly cool and cheap OS solution, but I'm fairly happy with Windows XP. I find it easier to organise and navigate, and once Vista has a service pack or two, I'm sure it'll get a lot better.

Anyways, yeah... I like PC.

Zante
06-28-2007, 10:13 AM
The PC, not because its necessary better per see, but because that's what all the games and software are made for.

Slothy
06-28-2007, 02:16 PM
Mac. Seriously, I used to say PC for games, Mac for everything else, but a high end Macbook Pro with Windows installed will run any game a PC can. And you can use the much more stable and user friendly Mac OSX for everything else.

Some people argue that Mac's are best for graphics and design, though I can actually use a lot more 3D development applications and the same (if not more) design and post-production applications on a PC.

I'm no expert by any means, but my friend who has trained in 3D graphics and animation has told me that Linux is better than Windows for 3D and I wouldn't be surprised if the same is true for Macs. The only thing I remember him telling me (like I said, I'm no expert) is that everything renders faster in Linux for some of the programs he uses.

Odaisé Gaelach
06-28-2007, 02:40 PM
PC - with Windows, of course. :p

I don't like Mac OS X simply because there's nothing important I can't do on Windows that I can do on OS X.

Linux is still very immature as an OS. I've no sound - no drivers for the Xi-Fi. There was no visable support for RAID drives (oh, it's there, Linux recognises them in install, but in the OS itself they seem to disappear... bloody confusing) and GRUB still has a fit with them for some reason. So not only can I not access all my data, I also have to juggle the boot sequence when I want to change OS. When I actually wanted to install something, I had to install package after package after package after package after package after package after package after package after package...

Nah, it's Windows all the way for me, baby! :D