PDA

View Full Version : well dont we all need a little help..

SephirothsAppJandK
06-28-2007, 04:30 AM
Alright heres the thing i never got around to playing through FFIV all the way till now and im towards the end and im curious as to what alll the extra junk im going to need to get around to is in this game ..liike

Strongest weapons in game for each character
all the summons
annd where is that rat tail for the adamant grotto...If anyone can help me it would be muuch appreciated.. thank you
(woooooooo)

ReloadPsi
07-03-2007, 05:00 AM
I'd suggest you go to the main site, Eyes on Final Fantasy - The Largest Final Fantasy Resource Online (http://www.eyesonff.com), and looking there. Off the top of my head though...

The strongest weapons for Edge (he's got two, naturally), Rydia and Kain can be found during the final dungeon on the moon. Each is guarded by a boss. (Actually I think Rydia's is in one of the chests around the same place, but don't quote me on that.)

Cecil's is created by taking Adamant from that grotto you mentioned to a blacksmith in the southeast corner of the underworld, though I honestly don't remember where to get the necessary Tail, unfortunately.

I forget where Rosa's is, but I think the Sage's Staff is found on the moon, again in the final dungeon, and I prefer this to her ultimate bow.

Summons:
Asura and Leviathan:
Go to the Land of Monsters (underworld; it's a cave on a small island) and challenge Asura and Leviathan to a fight. Asura is easy as long as you cast Wall/Reflect on her (whatever version you're playing) and then beat her snotless with your best weapons and summons, and Leviathan... well, he just didn't provide me much challenge.

Bahamut:
On the moon, there's a cave surrounded by mountains. Land your Big Whale nearby and go inside. Bahamut only uses the one move: Mega Flare (or MegaFire, or MegaNuke) which can be turned back on him by using Wall/Reflect on your entire party. You'll kick his ass with that.

Sylph:
I've never found this one, but it's actually kinda crappy and is mostly just a sidequest for a Shuriken that always does 9999 damage. Not very useful in the grand scheme of things and a waste of time :P

Odin:
After getting Leviathan, go to Baron Castle and down into the basement. You'll meet the deceased King who challenges you to a battle, and will most likely kick your ass. I've never been able to beat him, though I imagine it's pretty easy if you get Kain to Jump at the right time.

Goblin, Bomb, Mindflayer, Cockatrice:
Occasionally, killing any of those four monsters yields an item that teaches Rydia to summon that monster. I believe the US SNES version doesn't have them, and I've never found them in any other version... a damn rare drop.

So, anyone gonna tell us where this Rat's Tail is?

oddler
07-03-2007, 05:31 AM
The Rat Tail is found in the Land of Summoned Monsters. :)

abrojtm
07-03-2007, 07:26 AM
Actually Cecil's best weapon is Ragnarok/Crystal Sword (SNES). It' off a hidden path in the Lunar Subterranean that you have to fight the Wyvern (Dark Bahamut) for.

Rydia's best weapon is the Dragon Tail (whip) it's a rare drop from the Red Dragons in the Lunar Dungeon.

Cain's is arguably the Holy Lance which is won in the final dungeon.

Rosa's best bow is the Artemis bow which can be won from Karys. Artemis arrows can be stolen from them.

This is all for the non-advance version of the game, of course.

Evastio
07-04-2007, 01:45 AM
If you are playing the GBA Version Cecil's best weapon is the Ragnarok, Kain's is Abel's Lance, Rosa's is the Perseus Bow and Perseus Arrows, Edge's is the Kikuichimonji and Sasuke's Katana, Rydia's and Porom's is the Assasin Dagger, Palom's is the Asura Rod, Edward's is Loki's Lute, Yang's varies depending on what elemental attack and the abilities you prefer and Cid's is the Fiery Hammer.

Zeromus_X
07-04-2007, 03:34 AM
Original:

Cecil- Ragnarok

The Ragnarok is obtained after defeating Dark Bahamut in the Moon's Core.

Kain- Holy Lance

The Holy Lance is obtained after defeating Plague in the final dungeon.

Rydia- Stardust Rod (Magic power), Firebute, Dragon's Whisker (Attack Power)

The Stardust Rod is found in the final dungeon, as is the Firebute. The Dragon's Tail is a rare drop from Red Dragons.

Rosa- Sage's Staff (Magic power), Artemis Bow and Arrows (Attack power)

The Sage's Staff is found in the final dungeon, and the Kary enemy drops Artemis Bows and Artemis Arrows, and you find some arrows in the final dungeon.

For Rosa and Rydia, you would want to equip them with the weapons that raise their Intelligence/Spirit for them to perform the best in battle.

Edge- Masamune, Murasame (unless you decide to duplicate the Masamune)

The Murasame is obtained after defeating the White Dragon, and the Masamune is obtained after defeating Tidarlithian.

Advance:

Cecil- Lightbringer

The Lightbringer is obtained after clearing Cecil's trial and defeating Lunar Odin.

Cain- Abel's Lance.

Abel's Lance is obtained after clearing Cain's trial and defeating Lunar Bahamut.

Rydia- Stardust Rod (Magic Power), Mist Whip (Attack power)

The Mist Whip is obtained after clearing Rydia's trial.

Gilbert/Edward- Apollo's Harp, Loki's Lute.

Apollo's Harp is obtained after defeating one of the bosses in the Cave of Trials, Loki's Lute can be obtained in the Lunar Ruins, though I don't remember if you buy it or find it in a chest.

Rosa- Sage's Staff (Magic Power), Perseus Bow and Arrows

Perseus Bow and Arrows can be bought in one of the shops in the Lunar Ruins. It's too bad that they didn't give her a better weapon to enhance her magic powers, at least I never found one.

Yang- Hand of the Gods (Attack power)

I don't remember where it's obtained. :( It could be the Lunar Ruins, or it might be in the Cave of Trials. But Yang's weapon can vary depending on the battle situation.

Palom- Asura's Rod (Magic power), Assassin's Dagger (Attack Power)

Asura's Rod is in the Lunar Ruins; once again I can't remember if it's found in a chest or bought there. I'm pretty sure the Assassin's Dagger is buyable though, since I have two of them.

Porom- Nirvana (Magic power), Assassin's Dagger (Attack power)

The Nirvana is found after killing all of the doll enemies in one of the floors of the Lunar Ruins and opening the chest there. Just don't do it again after the first time...

Cid- Fiery Hammer

The Fiery Hammer is obtained after clearing Cid's trial and defeating Lunar Ramuh.

Edge- Rising Sun (throwing), Kikuichimonji, Sasuke's Katana

These are all in the Lunar Ruins; I believe that the Kikuichimonji is one-of-a-kind though, since I have multiple copies of the other items but not that one.

darksword12
07-04-2007, 03:12 PM
Actually, in the GBA version, I'm pretty sure edge can find a weapon called the Mutsunokami. That and Sasuke's Katana are the ultimate weapons, found in the lunar ruins.

Northcrest
07-06-2007, 02:57 PM
I just beat the game and I was wondering where the Lunar Ruins was because I never saw the scene of the location.

abrojtm
07-06-2007, 06:03 PM
It's only in the GBA version of the game. If you have that, then it's where the face on the moon used to be. There should have been a short scene after the credits.

Northcrest
07-06-2007, 08:01 PM
Oh thanks I found the statue.

Evastio
07-06-2007, 11:20 PM
Palom- Asura's Rod (Magic power), Assassin's Dagger (Attack Power)

If I remember correctly Palom can't equip the Assassin's Dagger.

Zeromus_X
07-07-2007, 05:13 AM
Yes, you're right. I just checked now; I guess I assumed he could equip it since Porom can (which is rather wierd).

Takara
07-07-2007, 08:50 PM
Isn't it the other way around, actually? I'm pretty sure Palom can equip it since Black Wizards can equip daggers, but Porom can't since she's a White Wizard.

Evastio
07-08-2007, 12:08 AM
Yes, you're right. I just checked now; I guess I assumed he could equip it since Porom can (which is rather wierd).

Isn't it the other way around, actually? I'm pretty sure Palom can equip it since Black Wizards can equip daggers, but Porom can't since she's a White Wizard.
The Assassin's Dagger is an exception to that rule for some reason. It's the only Knife that Porom can equip and Palom can't.