PDA

View Full Version : Anime Suggestion.

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-28-2007, 11:05 AM
Seeing as I finished the ever so nostalgic Cardcaptor Sakura, I am planning to finish Code Geass. After that I am not too sure what to watch next.

To give you an idea of what I have watched and I my tastes, see here (aurus.myanimelist.net).

I was thinking either something on my "Plan to watch series" or perhaps something all together different. Any suggestions?

-I randomly remembered a friend had in the past suggested both Last Exile and Monster.

Madame Adequate
06-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Kimagure Orange Road is teh lulz.

I haven't the faintest idea why there's no Azumanga Daioh on any of your lists.

Gunbuster for great justice.

Good lord, do you people not watch anything from before 1995? You do know there's tons of awesome anime from the 80s too, right? I hardly see anyone talk about any of it, except Akira DBZ, and Sailor Moon, which everyone knows. :( (Props on Fushigi Yugi though, not enough people have seen that.)

Oh, and I've not seen much of it, but what I did see indicated that Eureka 7 is pretty badass.

Oh! My Goddess is less actiony, but then I already listed Kimagure and that doesn't have much either, that I can recall. Anyway, it's an awesome thing.

Lessee. What else. Patlabor. Ranma 1/2. I want to get Cyber City Oedo 808, I hear it's good, but haven't seen it myself.

JKTrix
06-28-2007, 01:46 PM
Since you're watching Code Geass, you're obviously into Fansubs. Check out Nodame Cantabile, Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann, Romeo X Juliet. Those are a few shows I'm watching that may fit in with your interests. Nodame Cantabile is almost finished (21 episodes subbed so far), while Gurren-Lagann and Romeo X Juliet are just hitting their 1/2way mark.

There's some new anime starting in the next couple of weeks as well.

StarlightAngel
06-28-2007, 08:09 PM
The Slayers ftw.

Tasura
06-28-2007, 10:29 PM
Silly TSoL you should know to check my list (http://tasura.myanimelist.net/) anything with a rating of 9 or 10 I suggest.

Also, you can't finish Code Geass, the last 2 eps aren't out yet, also *kicks* finish Lain, now. As for your plan to watch list, D.Gray-Man Rahxephon and Shuffle! X too, I suppose.

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-28-2007, 11:46 PM
But Lain is so...my friend keeps telling me after episode 7 it picks up but I just cannot get there...

Also, thanks so far for the suggestions! Some of these will be added to my "Plan to watch" list (whenever I get my arse in gear).

Jessweeee♪
06-29-2007, 12:51 AM
I was going to suggest Lain but it looks like you're already watching it n.n

I LOVE Lain!!! She is so cool me and vivi_lover666 say Lain instead of cool.

Like,

FINAL FANTASY IS SO LAIN!!!

OMG HAVE YOU HEARD THIS SONG, IT'S SO LAIN!!!

NeoCracker
06-29-2007, 01:23 AM
I'd recommend Law of UEki. That show is plain awesome.

Turning Trash to Trees, Wash Cloths to Steel, Tomatoes to MAgama. Good fun.

Obsidian
06-29-2007, 01:41 AM
The original Gundam.

Namelessfengir
06-29-2007, 01:54 AM
i don't know if you have seen these yet but

full metal panic the second raid - damn good
yumeria - nice little harem type comedy "moe"
this ones old but : the world of narue
highlander the search for vengence - how many immortal maclouds are there?
outlaw star - i know really old

Fonzie
06-29-2007, 02:16 AM
Lucky Star FTW.

Dynast-Kid
06-29-2007, 02:28 AM
Mahou Sensei Negima!xD

Goldenboko
06-29-2007, 03:08 AM
I recommend Gundam Wing (far better then any other Gundam series), Eureka seveN, and Rurouni Kenshin, their some of my personal favorites.

XxSephirothxX
06-29-2007, 03:22 AM
The original Gundam.
Yes. Even better, the movie trilogy version, which is superior to the TV show. The original Gundam is much better than any of the newer ones. Bah on Wing and Seed and etc.

RahXephon is a great show, as well. Also, I watched Last Exile fairly recently, and it's not bad, but it's definitely not fantastic, either. I'd go with the Gundam trilogy, RahXephon, or FLCL. I don't see that on your list anywhere. Good stuff, all three. :up:

escobert
06-29-2007, 03:55 AM
Outlaw Star ftw!

Madame Adequate
06-29-2007, 03:55 AM
Lucky Star FTW.

!

How I forget? *Seppuku* :(

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-29-2007, 04:09 AM
Genshiken is an excellent series, and from what little I saw of BECK it looked intriguing.

Also, for a comedic anime, check out Hayate no Gotoku. Pretty awesome.

Karellen
06-29-2007, 04:10 AM
Of the ones not listed on that page: Trigun, Excel Saga and Hellsing Ultimate.

Do not confuse Hellsing Ultimate with the Hellsing anime mind you. Hellsing ultimate is the OVA.

edczxcvbnm
06-29-2007, 04:20 AM
Mobile Suit Gundam Zeta. Great show. I think it trumps the original in so many ways and had a better over all final battle and ending. Really shows the horrors of war on a scale that the original never touched.

Jessweeee♪
06-29-2007, 04:23 AM
I've seen a couple of episodes of RahXephon, it's pretty cool so far...

XxSephirothxX
06-29-2007, 04:33 AM
Mobile Suit Gundam Zeta. Great show. I think it trumps the original in so many ways and had a better over all final battle and ending. Really shows the horrors of war on a scale that the original never touched.
You think so? I loved Zeta, as well, but I didn't think it measured up to the original. I thought the development of the Newtype storyline in the movie trilogy was really well done, and I thought it had a much better cast of characters.

Obviously Char comes back for Zeta, as well as quite a few others, but I just didn't think Kamille was as good a protagonist, nor was the general supporting cast as good as the White Base's crew.

I really need to see the Zeta movies, though. I think the more compact format (even if it's like, 7 or 8 hours combined, which is pretty lengthy) does a better job of telling a cohesive story than a 40 or 50 episode show. It improved the original considerably (I think something like 80% of the final movie was new animation, completely refining the storyline) and I bet Zeta has some similar changes.

Tasura
06-29-2007, 04:36 AM
As for ones from this season, Hayate no Gotoku, Lucky Star, Darker than BLACK, The Skullman Nagasarete Airantou, iDOLM@STER Xenoglossia, Bokurano, Claymore, Dennou Coil, the Devil May Cry anime, Kaze no Stigma, Lovely Complex, and Shining Tears x Wind, granted that is almost half of this season, but it's some of the better ones.

escobert
06-29-2007, 04:43 AM
and how was I missing Ghost in the Shell. All of it.

JKTrix
06-29-2007, 01:33 PM
Gundam Zeta Movies

I saw the Zeta movies a little earlier this year. I'd never seen the original show so I can't really compare plot points. I actually got into Gundam pretty late. I saw Wing when it was on Cartoon Network and that was about it. It's only been in the last 2 years or so when I started seeking out the older Gundam stuff, and I came across the Zeta movies on the 'net. (I also got Gundam Musou on PS3 when it came out...only to find out a month later it'll be coming in English AND on 360 as Dynasty Warriors Gundam. Meh. PS3 owners-there's a demo of this game on the PSN right now.)

The whole 'new footage' thing is pretty jarring at first, especially in the first movie where most of it is old stuff. By the last movie, most of it is new, so it balances out. It is pretty darn good.

Since we're talking about shows this season as well, I will list my favourite shows (which are consequently the best.)
Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann (GAINAX is back folks)
Dennou Coil (kid's show, but surprisingly deep, creative and otherwise awesome)
Seirei no Moribito (Great story, beautiful visuals, beautiful music)

If you could only watch 3 top quality shows, those would be it. I'm watching pretty much everything new right now, and those three stand out. Darker Than Black's 2-episode story arcs keep it out of the top right now, but it looks like things are getting deeper for that show.

Also, Gintama.