PDA

View Full Version : it's a party in your mouth!

rubah
06-28-2007, 06:45 PM
I remember these fritos from when I was little. The bags were kinda black but they had like confeito (freudian slip! I meant confetti :() and I really don't have a clue what flavor they were, maybe kinda ranchy?

DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THESE?

DOES ANYONE HAVE A MISsING FOOD FROM THEIR CHILDHOOD THEY NEED THE INTERNET TO FIND FOR THEM?

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHaT KEEPS HAPPENING TO THE CAPITAL LETTERS MAKING THEM SHRINK?

Nominus Experse
06-28-2007, 07:12 PM
Remember: CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR AWESOME!

I DON'T KNOW, AS I WAS THE CHILD THAT WAS NEVER ALLOWED TO CONSUME ANYTHING PERTAINING TO THE LABEL OF JUNK FOOD. NOT BECAUSE MY GUARDIANS FEARED THAT I MAY GAIN WEIGHT, BUT BECAUSE THEY WERE ATROCIOUS PEOPLE. I AM ALSO AN ORPHAN WITH A MISSING EYE AND LEG.

HOW DO YOU FEEL NOW, RUBAH? YOU SIT THERE ASKING ABOUT SOMETHING YOU HAD, WHEN PLENTY OF US NEVER DID, AND NOW YOU ASK US TO REMEMBER IT?

YOU ARE A TERRIBLE PERSON, AS ARE THESE CAPS.

Actually, I have no idea, but such chips sound interesting.

Rye
06-28-2007, 07:13 PM
I remember these doritos that were in a small black container and they were shaped weird, like diamonds. Is that it?

Goldenboko
06-28-2007, 07:15 PM
What are you people talking about?

Join me if you agree these people are nuts!

:tumble:

I guess I'm alone :(

ZeZipster
06-28-2007, 07:17 PM
There are only two Doritos I know of. BBQ honey swirly ones, and normal Fritos.

Hambone
06-28-2007, 07:39 PM
Well, rubah and I were "little" about 6 years apart, so no. :jess:

rubah
06-28-2007, 07:59 PM
these were definitely fritos. They had the slender shape of the Frito.

Freya
06-28-2007, 08:01 PM
Everytime one of these thread comes about what i'm about to say is mentioned. Pepsi Blue.

rubah
06-28-2007, 08:06 PM
I asked wikipedia:

Discontinued variations:
# Ranch (late 1980s-early 1990s)

I can't find a picture of the bag though ;(

Shoeberto
06-28-2007, 08:10 PM
I remember these doritos that were in a small black container and they were shaped weird, like diamonds. Is that it?
Those were probably 3D DORITOS. They had the texture of air.

daggertrepe
06-28-2007, 08:40 PM
Une Croque Monsieur is a party in meh mouth

abrojtm
06-28-2007, 08:43 PM
It's a party in your mouth!

And I'm coming!
------ (um)

Xaven
06-29-2007, 01:47 AM
I miss Pepsi Blue. :P That's all, really.

Oh, and I think I remember those ranch Fritos. Sounds yummy.

Momiji
06-30-2007, 04:59 AM
We have a bag of chili-cheese fritos in our kitchen. >_>

Chimp
06-30-2007, 05:23 AM
Taco Supreme Doritos.

Dynast-Kid
06-30-2007, 05:28 AM
I'm too young and unexperienced to remember "ranch Fritos"...:(

Resha
06-30-2007, 08:18 AM
I miss Pepsi Blue. :P That's all, really.

ME TOO. God I loved Pepsi Blue :(

I miss Pixie Stix.

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-30-2007, 08:21 AM
I miss Pixie Stix.
I am pretty sure you can buy them still.

Whoever came up with the idea of putting coloured sugar in tubes and giving to little kids is a genius and a parent's worst nightmare!

rubah
06-30-2007, 04:54 PM
Also noses for when they start to snort it. (don't do that kids, it's not cocaine, you get just as much effect from EATING)

Momiji
06-30-2007, 05:07 PM
Also noses for when they start to snort it. (don't do that kids, it's not cocaine, you get just as much effect from EATING)

My friends and I used to snort the left over sour powder from Sour Skittles.

Good times, good times. :D

~*~Celes~*~
06-30-2007, 06:12 PM
Everytime one of these thread comes about what i'm about to say is mentioned. Pepsi Blue.

That stuff was definitely amazing :heart:

Resha
06-30-2007, 06:53 PM
I miss Pixie Stix.
I am pretty sure you can buy them still.

Whoever came up with the idea of putting coloured sugar in tubes and giving to little kids is a genius and a parent's worst nightmare!
Yes, I think you can -- but not in Malaysia. :( My daddy used to buy 'em me from the USA when I was a little chiddle, but he does so no longer, and so I am much aggrieved.

Pheesh
06-30-2007, 06:59 PM
I miss sour warheads. I dunno if they made them out of Australia but they were so awesome. It was when sour lollies were actually sour.

rubah
07-01-2007, 04:09 AM
Warheads are pretty much win.

JackNapier
07-01-2007, 04:19 AM
Most of my favorites are often discontinued:

- Italian flavored Doritos
- Taco flavored Rolitos (hell, Rolitos in general)
- Vanilla Coke/Pepsi (well, they are still around in random places, it is rare though)
- Lemon Pepsi
- Reese' Peanut Butter Sticks
etc.

Zeromus_X
07-01-2007, 04:22 AM
Lemon Pepsi

I thought I was the only one.

JackNapier
07-01-2007, 04:24 AM
Lemon Pepsi

I thought I was the only one.

I loved Lemon Pepsi! Before it came out I used to take lemon juice and squirt it in my Pepsi, it tasted awesome. Then I hear that they've made 'Lemon Pepsi' so I had to try it. It was awesome, but all good things must come to an end. :(

Bunny
07-01-2007, 04:51 AM
Remember: CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR AWESOMECOOL!

Too bad you still have to steer.

Chips are okay. I prefer flamin' hot cheetos or these neat little "hot" fries that my local store sells.

Momiji
07-01-2007, 05:36 AM
- Vanilla Coke/Pepsi (well, they are still around in random places, it is rare though)

Umm...Vanilla Coke is served everywhere in restaurants and sold in storse around here. I think Vanilla Pepsi was discontinued though.

Peegee
07-02-2007, 07:48 PM
I don't need the interwebs to remind me of my youth. I miss:

- fruit rollups
- bazooka gum (comics!)
- pie

rubah
07-02-2007, 07:55 PM
Psh, I thought they still made fruit roll ups

Dynast-Kid
07-02-2007, 08:02 PM
Psh, I thought they still made fruit roll ups

They do. I only ever liked the berry kind though.

I Am Stoner
07-02-2007, 10:23 PM
That party in ur mouth thing, is that the little tangy sweets in a black box that was called ''nerdz''??

Takara
07-02-2007, 11:33 PM
PEPSI BLUE! I loved that stuff! That and Vanilla Coke. Maybe it's still available in the USA, but it looks like it's been discontinued here. :(

And I'm old, I remember Crystal Pepsi. :eek:

Those 3D Doritos were made of win. And I miss regular Fritos. Barbecue is good, but regular Fritos were yummy. Maybe they're still around, but I live in the middle of nowhere, which means we don't get rare stuff. Heck, I was surprised to see that Bugles were still being made after a trip to Montreal.

As for candies, I don't remember many of them. I know Nerdz are still around, but all the good flavours are either discontinued or rare to find. Bazooka gums, I've not seen in years! I loved those. There were also Fudge Caramilks. Instead of caramel, it was chocolate fudge. Sugary goodness, mmm...

And until recently, I really missed the old steak sandwiches at Subway's. The new steak is good, but it's big chunks of meat, and it's difficult to eat without the steak just falling out. But fortunately, they started giving the old steak again as an option. And I remember a time there was garlic bread available, but the last time I've seen garlic bread in a Subway, it was in Ottawa.

And all this talk about chips, candies, soda, and Subway is making me hungry...

Lynx
07-03-2007, 04:46 AM
dunkaroos i believe thats what they were called. they were little cookies you dipped in some kinda vanilla or choclate cream soo good.

han_keep_smilin
07-03-2007, 10:08 PM
weird tiny orange things that crackle an feel like they are nipping your tounge when you eat them. i loved them ive never had them for year i want them now!

Yamaneko
07-03-2007, 10:16 PM
There's a lot of :skull::skull::skull::skull: I liked when I was a kid that I find revolting now.

rubah
07-03-2007, 11:44 PM
han_keep_smilin, they still make Pop Rocks.

Xaven
07-04-2007, 02:48 AM
dunkaroos i believe thats what they were called. they were little cookies you dipped in some kinda vanilla or choclate cream soo good.
I ate those in pre-school!

Vanilla Coke is awesome. It was discontinued, but they brought it back, and as far as I know, Pepsi Vanilla was never cancelled.

Fonzie
07-04-2007, 03:08 AM
Blue Pepsi was the best. I spilled it in my backpack, so I'm always reminded of how awesome it was. :bigsmile: