PDA

View Full Version : Tiring

Northcrest
06-29-2007, 12:55 AM
Final Fantasy 10 is the most tiring Final Fantasy game that I've ever played. For the past 2 weeks I've been playing this game and has only manage to get 2 of the Celestial Weapons put to there fulliest (Nirvana and Masamune). It's still taking me forever to get the Sigil's for everyother weapons especially for Onion Knight and Spirt Lance. I also want to know though Whos grid should I go on with Auron's besides Tidus?, because Auron's almost completed him. I was also wondering what my stats for my characters should be before going to Omega Ruins because last time I went I was almost killed. I also want to know what is the best armor and armor abilities I should use with the items needed to make the abilities. Yeah I know this is alot but I'm done. Oh yeah my favorite Celestial Weapon is Calagbold.

Tavrobel
06-29-2007, 01:21 AM
Nirvana, World Champion, and Godhand. I think you can guess why.

But Spirit Lance does 310 damage with a 4 second slow.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
06-29-2007, 11:52 AM
you seem to be experiencing the same difficulties everyone does with the sigils, but it's not too difficult once you know what you're doing.

- sun sigil. finish the chocobo race in calm lands in under zero seconds. everyone seems to find this difficult but it's not too hard really., a little luck is needed though. on the ramp at the start of the race, having all six balloons on the right hand side so that you can grab them instead of the trainer helps greatly. it is possible to do it without this but it gets much more difficult. basically just take the path with the most balloons (or the path the trainer hasn't if she's in front) and only go for a balloon if you're 100% certain you won't hit a bird in the process (as hitting a bird actually adds 5 seconds onto your time as you stop for 2 seconds when you get hit).

- jupiter sigil. first you need to obtain all wakka's OD's. attack reels is available as first place in a tournament as soon as you can play blitzball. status reels is available as first place for a league after you have attack reels and have won 250 battles against fiends (you will have to start a new league to get new prizes, more on this in a bit), aurochs reels is available after obtaining status reels and fighting 450 battles against fiends (this is 450 altogether so another 200 from status reels). it is first place in a tournament. jupiter sigil is available after getting aurochs reels as first place in a league. there is a 50% chance of it appearing. to get new tournament prizes to appear simply enter and exit the blitz menu 5 times (provided you haven't played any games in the tournament yet. if you have you will need to complete ther tournament). for new league prizes you need to complete the league. for easy wins simply score one goal then get hold of the ball and sit in your net. the other team will simply leave you alone! go get a cuppa or something.

- venus sigil. dodge 200 consecutive bolts in the thunder plains. this isn't difficult as much as it is annoying. the best place to dodge is just inside the north section where the 2 paths from the south section meet. here bolts strike in 2's, quickly one after the other with about a 2 second gap between them. doing it here takes about 10 mins. take a breask if you want but i don't think it's needed.

- saturn sigil. macalania forest butterfly hunt. again this is just annoying not difficult. just follow this map and you should do fine: http://www.uffsite.net/ff10/images/butterfly-game-3.jpg the blue dots are the butterflies you need to get, the red dots are what you need to avoid and the red line is the best path to take.

- mercury sigil. valey of the cactuars. not hard, just long. follow this guide and you'll be fine: GameFAQs: Final Fantasy X (PS2) Cactaur Sidequest Guide by Denouement (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/197344/17515) not only do you get mercury sigil for this but valley of the cactuars is a good training place. no encounters helps here.

i presume you already have the weapons and crests, if not just post here.

as for omega ruins, i recommend you finish everyone's sections of the sphere grid before going in. you should be able to handle it then.

i actually recommend that you take auron down tidus' path on the sphere grid as it will give him a lot of speed which is the one thing he's missing. or alternatively send him down wakka's (a bit more speed and power) or rikku's (a LOT of speed).

armour abilities is debatable. some people think break HP limit (BHPL) is necessary and other's don't. i personally don't think it is. break MP limit (BMPL) is the most useless ability ever devised. if you're playing the european version i recommend you have ribbon, curseproof (as curse is not prevented by ribbon :() auto-haste and auto-protect. here are the materials needed: (someone may have to correct me on these as i have misplaced my FFX guide and am working from memory)

- ribbon: 99 dark matters. these aren't easy to get. you can get them from the original creations in monster arena as a rare item drop. however if you have the european version i reocmmend fighting the dark aeons for armour with the ribbon ability already on it. if you don't get the armour you want just soft reset and kill the aeon again. it is possible to get armour with 4 slots, with ribbon and BHPL in 2 of the, or just ribbon.

- curseproof: someone esle will have to tell you this :D

- autohaste: 30 chocbo wings i think. you can steal them from the alcyone's from bikanel dessert (i think:D)

- auto protect: dunno :D

think that's it, hope this helps

Ender
06-29-2007, 01:49 PM
If you are using him most of the time, consider grabbing Wakka's Triple Foul ability for Auron. It has its uses--in particular, silencing Demonoliths to prevent Pharoah's Curse or whatever that nasty counterattack is, is handy, or putting Tonberry's to sleep. I actually worked Auron backward through Wakka's grid for awhile after finishing him up on the second half of Tidus's--a decent case can be made, I suppose, for running through an entire grid (especially if you are looking to pick up certain abilities), but typically the good +4 stat boosts are in the latter half of each of the individual portions.

As for favorite weapon, I have to admit I rather liked the damage Caladbolg was doing in Tidus's hands, but since all have Break Damage Barrier, '1MP Cost' > anything the other weapons can offer, so I'll go with Nirvana. Plus Yuna > the sum of all other FFX characters and dolls for a weapon is just totally stupid. ;)

Garnie
06-29-2007, 02:37 PM
all of aurons wepons are sooo kewl!
allthough i would love a replica weapon of the brotherhood on my wall

10-Breaker
06-29-2007, 07:45 PM
Calagbold is one that I'd like to buy.

Jessweeee♪
07-01-2007, 02:12 AM
I love this game so much but the Celestial Weapons are too hard to get ;.;

I just customize my weapons...though maybe three out of the thirteen times I've played through I cheated on the chocobo races, thunder plains, and monster arena and such :P

Hambone
07-01-2007, 09:15 AM
Caladbolg. :)

rubah
07-01-2007, 06:48 PM
the only one I've never gotten fully powered up is tidus's. So his i guess!

Dynast-Kid
07-02-2007, 07:59 PM
I only fully power up Yuna and Rikku's. It's too hard/i'm too lazy to fully power up the others.

Markus. D
07-03-2007, 03:13 AM
The ones I havent filled is Spirit Lance and Masamune :S

I filled the rest on 2 different playthroughs (Lulu's on her Solo play)

Vermachtnis
07-03-2007, 03:16 AM
I never fully power up Kimarie's or Lulu's.

My favorite is probably Godhand cause Rikku's my favorite character in this one game.

hplvr
07-04-2007, 05:05 AM
i liked Lulu's Onion Knight.....
looks like im the only one so far

Vermachtnis
07-04-2007, 06:43 AM
i liked Lulu's Onion Knight.....
looks like im the only one so far

The Onion Knight, even though it is cute, gets my loathing because of that danged 200 Lightning Dodge.

Thoughtless
07-06-2007, 02:40 AM
I like the Calagbold the best. God that is hell getting Lulus weapon, I didn't time it but it seemed like 20-30 minutes of counting aloud while being incredibly focused on the tv, my eyes really hurt after that ><

It's a real pain getting Wakkas weapon if you don't play Blitzball through the game too.

Namelessfengir
07-06-2007, 05:21 AM
ive never gotten the full onion knight because i didn't really care

i hated the Calagbold i mean i could make a better weapon

as for favs id go with nervana and godhand just because i love to see all th cuzen loven

yunacy
07-06-2007, 09:08 PM
nirvana is my favorite