PDA

View Full Version : Yay Laguna! But where did my junctions go?

Sephiroth2088
06-29-2007, 03:35 AM
So you just spent about 10 minutes getting everyone's junction just right, giving them just the right magic for what they need to do. Then Ellone decides to send you into the past. This happens mostly in the later times when you get to chose which party member gets to be which person from the past. You see that you can chose highly junctioned Zell to be Kiros.... but it doesn't matter because he's back to his crappy unjunctioned health and you realize. Crap everyone but Squall's junction is gone!

Personality I think I'd be alright without "Sis" here...

Xurts
06-29-2007, 03:44 AM
So you just spent about 10 minutes getting everyone's junction just right, giving them just the right magic for what they need to do. Then Ellone decides to send you into the past. This happens mostly in the later times when you get to chose which party member gets to be which person from the past. You see that you can chose highly junctioned Zell to be Kiros.... but it doesn't matter because he's back to his crappy unjunctioned health and you realize. Crap everyone but Squall's junction is gone!

Personality I think I'd be alright without "Sis" here...
Yeah, it can be annoying. I wrote down the GFs I had junctioned to each character so I wouldn't have to rethink anything if I messed something up with the dreams.

If you had Zell junctioned before and you chose him to be Kiros then Kiros should have all of Zell's junctions. I don't see why that wouldn't work.

The "dreams" Ellone sends to everyone offer an important look at Laguna's past. I personally liked them and thought they were a great insight. They should make sense soon.

Sephiroth2088
06-29-2007, 04:26 AM
Oh I liked them as well and I've played through the game before. I just made that post as I am playing through a second time and Zell's junction did indeed disapear. I'm sure it was there because he does 1000 damage in one attack as a result of 80 tornado junctioned to strength and STR+20 and +40%

I can understand Edea's but Zell's kinda got too me, seems they could have done a better job. I love the Laguna parts to the game, I just wish it could have been done without this problem.

LunarWeaver
06-29-2007, 04:49 AM
Ellone is the sole reason I just use the auto feature and never fuss with it.

rubah
06-29-2007, 05:12 AM
it's not that hard to play without junctions, just pretty annoying :|

I forget, does exp you get with laguna transfer over to squall?

Fonzie
06-29-2007, 05:17 AM
it's not that hard to play without junctions, just pretty annoying :|

I forget, does exp you get with laguna transfer over to squall?

Mhmm.

Xurts
06-29-2007, 07:16 AM
Oh I liked them as well and I've played through the game before. I just made that post as I am playing through a second time and Zell's junction did indeed disapear. I'm sure it was there because he does 1000 damage in one attack as a result of 80 tornado junctioned to strength and STR+20 and +40%

I can understand Edea's but Zell's kinda got too me, seems they could have done a better job. I love the Laguna parts to the game, I just wish it could have been done without this problem.
Are his junctions there after the dream? If they aren't, maybe they somehow got transferred to someone else?

Sephiroth2088
06-29-2007, 03:41 PM
Well it is possible they might have been but instead of leaving things as they were I rejunctioned Kiros and Ward. I can't resist 1 hit kills with Kiros. So after doing that they were not there.

At the very least I equiped the GF to Ward but didn't junction any magic.... I'm an AP whore.

Jessweeee♪
06-29-2007, 08:11 PM
I HATED that!!! I swear, I wrote down the GFs I had equipped to each character, then when it comes time to switch with Laguna & Co. I lose the paper and have to write it down again for next time I go through the game! I can never get the junctions just like I had them before :kaocry2:

They go away when you go from Squall to Laguna but when you go back to Squall they stay how you junctioned them during the dream sequence.

Skyblade
06-29-2007, 08:45 PM
I didn't much mind losing the Junctions. Sure, I had to rejunction everything, but it is usually easy to do so, since I have 100 of pretty much every magic I junction with, and most magics have a single stat they work best with. I lose some HP, but that drops it low enough that I can trigger Limits easily once junctions are reapplied.

rubah
06-29-2007, 11:12 PM
I had a knack for picking the character to trade who only had scrap magic 'oh I have 300 scans, let's give some to zell' 'oh 300 thunders, hey selphie!'

Bart's Friend Milhouse
07-06-2007, 10:01 PM
I write down on a piece of paper which GF belongs in which group. I have three groups by the way. Yeah, I know your itching to copy my technique now that you've heard it

Jessweeee♪
07-07-2007, 12:27 AM
I HATED that!!! I swear, I wrote down the GFs I had equipped to each character, then when it comes time to switch with Laguna & Co. I lose the paper and have to write it down again for next time I go through the game! I can never get the junctions just like I had them before :kaocry2:

They go away when you go from Squall to Laguna but when you go back to Squall they stay how you junctioned them during the dream sequence.

OMG...I looked on the back of my case while my friends were here and there's been a sticky note there all along!!! I was like OH~ MY~ GOD~ IT'S BEEN THERE THE WHOLE TIME and they were like o_O

rubah
07-07-2007, 02:11 AM
WTG jesse xD

Bolivar
07-07-2007, 02:48 AM
For the most part I didn't have too much of a problem rejunctioning everyone but during the laguna part on the mountain with the dragon i screwed myself over and it basically became like 15-20 minute battle because they had such bad abilities.

Hyperion4444
07-07-2007, 03:16 AM
I don't even waste time on Junctions anymore, I simply make auto-junction. :greenking
It's much more easy and effective since it gives you the best magic according to the stats.:)
Most of the time I don't even junction anymore, I find it much more challenging:cool: , if only a little...:(

Try it out, you'll save time! ;) :thumb:

Xurts
07-07-2007, 05:51 PM
I don't even waste time on Junctions anymore, I simply make auto-junction. :greenking
It's much more easy and effective since it gives you the best magic according to the stats.:)
Most of the time I don't even junction anymore, I find it much more challenging:cool: , if only a little...:(

I'd rather not have it mess up all of my carefully placed junctions. The only time I used the Auto feature was when I first played the game and didn't understand how it worked.

Hyperion4444
07-07-2007, 06:29 PM

I'd rather not have it mess up all of my carefully placed junctions. The only time I used the Auto feature was when I first played the game and didn't understand how it worked.

It may do a better job than you could.
It's because you're not used to it, after your 50th time you played the game, you'll know what I'm talking about...:cool: :greenking

Unless you really think that it isn't 100% guarantied success. :evilking:

Oh, by the way, I don't even Junction Magic in my PC version anymore.

Xurts
07-07-2007, 10:55 PM

It may do a better job than you could.
It's because you're not used to it, after your 50th time you played the game, you'll know what I'm talking about...:cool: :greenking

Unless you really think that it isn't 100% guarantied success. :evilking:

My manual junctions pwn the Auto feature, and also the game itself.

Hyperion4444
07-08-2007, 12:11 AM
Right...

Can you say the same? Didn't think so.
Auto Feature will use the best juntion based on what you give, including Ultima, that should be used in elemental defence for 100% resist. And Also, the way it will junction will give you much better/same result in much less than half the time you would take just to junction them even when you know them all.
HP: Full-Life (Whatever it needs to max it out)
STR: Meteor/Flare (Whatever it needs to max it out)
VIT: Meltdown (Whatever...)
MAG: Meteor (Whatever...)
SPR: Reflect (Whatever...)
(Whatever...)
Whatever...
Whatever...

Xurts
07-08-2007, 01:27 AM
Right...

Can you say the same? Didn't think so.
Auto Feature will use the best juntion based on what you give, including Ultima, that should be used in elemental defence for 100% resist. And Also, the way it will junction will give you much better/same result in much less than half the time you would take just to junction them even when you know them all.
HP: Full-Life (Whatever it needs to max it out)
STR: Meteor/Flare (Whatever it needs to max it out)
VIT: Meltdown (Whatever...)
MAG: Meteor (Whatever...)
SPR: Reflect (Whatever...)
(Whatever...)
Whatever...
Whatever...
No, I can't say the same, because I don't have the PC version.

Ultima is actually best suited for Str or Mag. There are alternative spells for elemental resist, plus it doesn't become necessary with decent Spr.

I just tried Auto junctioning to see how much it fails, and I was right. It drastically weakened my Elm-Def, put Firaga on my Elm-Atk (big no to that), turned my Status junctions to crap (Bio as Atk and a bunch of weak, small-inconvenience statuses to Def), and weakened my Mag. The only stats it managed to raise were Spd (which I don't need since my ATB gauge fills in half a second anyway) and Eva (16% before - 27% after, which means I am still going to get hit either way). Manual junctions = win.

Jessweeee♪
07-08-2007, 01:42 AM
The thing about Auto is that it doesn't really suit your status and elemental junctions. Auto is really nice, but I never leave it that way. Usually I use Auto, then tweak it to how I like it. I make up for it with the GF abilities :P

I like to put Full-Life, Ultima, and any other two elements I want to absorb on Elemental Defense, Pain, Death, Beserk, and Confuse on Status Defense, and depending on where I am, Zombie or Slow on Status Attack. If I use Auto, a lot of those go to other places.

Although Auto works for you quite nicely, it doesn't work for everyone. There is no "best" way. There are a lot of good ways.

rubah
07-08-2007, 06:17 AM
Blizzaga=win for elm atk?

I played through the first two laguna dream sequences today and while my junctions were fine on the first one when you're on the train to timber and go to the hotel etc with julia, the second one failed, because ward=quistis and I didn't have her in my party!

so ward started off with 100water and nothing else xD