PDA

View Full Version : the greatest final fantasy soundtrack?

Cool Revolutionary
06-29-2007, 03:25 PM
i think that 8 has the greatest soundtrack. and the greatest theme too,
theres fast paced, and emotional music on ff8's soundtrack. does anyone agree its the best? (final fantasy 8 is my favourite ff!)

Polaris
06-29-2007, 03:29 PM
Erm well when I heard 'Suteki dane' or how you write it I was a bit down with 'Eyes on Me'... not that it isn't a great song, but Suteki has a great orchetra and it makes your heart beat faster.

The other songs were great specially during Ultimecia Battle :D

Cool Revolutionary
06-29-2007, 03:32 PM
Erm well when I heard 'Suteki dane' or how you write it I was a bit down with 'Eyes on Me'... not that it isn't a great song, but Suteki has a great orchetra and it makes your heart beat faster.

The other songs were great specially during Ultimecia Battle :D
ohhh yeah! i loved all the tracks during that fight!

rubah
06-29-2007, 06:00 PM
There are a lot of songs I love from ff8, but I don't know that I would call it the best.

Karellen
06-29-2007, 06:10 PM
There are some really outstanding tracks on the FFVIII soundtrack but unfortunately the few particularly bad tracks that the games contains are featured more often then anything else. Blue Fields is far and away the worst world map music I've ever heard in a JRPG and it's a shame that you're forced to listen to it so often. The Balamb Garden theme grinds your nerves after a while as well and the regular battle music feels very uninspired. This classes drastically with the very good music used in cutscenes like Waltz of the Moon and special battle themes like Man with the Machine Gun.

So I guess that is to say that the FFVIII soundtrack itself is decent but its utilization within the game is somewhat lacking.

Xurts
06-29-2007, 06:14 PM
I liked it, but I'm not sure if it's the best.

DiggyPup
06-29-2007, 06:36 PM
i think that 8 has the greatest soundtrack. and the greatest theme too,
theres fast paced, and emotional music on ff8's soundtrack. does anyone agree its the best? (final fantasy 8 is my favourite ff!)

FF8 is my favorite, too.

I've owned the OST/original soundtrack for five years, and it still hasn't gotten old. I think my favorite is "Liberi Fatali", but it's hard to say...all of them seem to pull at my heartstrings, ya know?

Tallulah
06-29-2007, 06:42 PM
There are some good songs on Final Fantasy VIII (e.g. Eyes On Me, Liberi Fatali). However, I think that FFIX is the best soundtrack. Can't beat Melodies of Life. :love:

Skyblade
06-29-2007, 08:48 PM
Tough call, a lot of FFs have great music, and some of VIII's really get on my nerve (I blame that on the card game). After working for five hours to abolish rules in the Space Station or to win a particular card, I would shoot anyone I heard whistling "Shuffle or Boogie" or "Waltz for the Moon".

On the other hand, Liberi Fatali, The Landing, and The Extreme are truly beautiful pieces of music.

ragnosica
06-30-2007, 04:02 PM
FF7 Advent Children has the best soundtrack. Period.

Bolivar
06-30-2007, 07:34 PM
i said this statement a while back to a friend and i guess i would still stand by it. i know people like the stress the bad but even the bad songs are more pleasant to listen to than alot of the songs in older FF's.

I think Laguna's battle song is the best battle theme hands down in any FF. Whenever I get in battles I almost try to make them last longer so i can hear all the sections of it.

with the quality of sound getting better on the PSX, Uematsu started to really play around with the type of songs he was making as background music. I would say VIII, IX, and X all have it that way, but a few pieces make me put VIII on top.

Takara
06-30-2007, 09:25 PM
Saved for a few tracks like Liberi Fatali, The Landing, and Ami for example, I didn't like the soundtrack in general. It wasn't horrible (except maybe Blue Fields), but it wasn't my cup of tea.

demondude
06-30-2007, 09:45 PM
FF9S was my favourite :)

atlanteay
07-04-2007, 02:19 AM
YESS!

i was listening to all the soundtracks from FF and FF8's was the only one that i didn't have to constantly click 'Next' on. FFX got the most 'Next's XD

Hambone
07-04-2007, 04:42 AM
It's OKAY. I really only like the Balamb theme (both town and academy) and the Fisherman's Horizon's theme. They are so relaxing. :)

I don't think FFVIII has the best soundtrack. I'd have to say VII's and IX's are better.

Zeromus_X
07-04-2007, 04:50 AM
It is one of my favorite FF soundtracks.

hplvr
07-04-2007, 05:01 AM
the soundtrack wasnt the best.... ive definatly heard better

Cool Revolutionary
07-04-2007, 06:38 PM
the soundtrack wasnt the best.... ive definatly heard better
definitely?....im doubting that.:tongue:

Amin_Strife
07-15-2007, 01:00 PM
It's a great soundtrack. Not my favourite. That's still VII followed by X. But it definitely has great tracks. Balamb Garden..no many how many times you might hear it..is a great relaxing track. Eyes on Me is good yeah..not like the best vocal track ever or something..but it is good. Fisherman's Horizon..def. relaxing. Liberi Fatali is marvelous..almost on the same league as One Wined Angel. Battle theme i liked at first but became annoying after a while. Same counts for the Boss battle theme(Force your Way). The Man with the Machine Gun is really cool too. Some songs that are played in the moments you play as Laguna and the gang are nice too. Overall a great soundtrack. Better than IX but not as good VII. Still has some really great pieces, some classic FF songs in my book.

enigma1234
07-17-2007, 07:39 AM
I like Julias theme ^^

Heath
07-17-2007, 04:12 PM
It's definitely got some of the best music in the series which is something I often think people who criticise FFVIII overlook. I'm not quite sure if I'd say it were my favourite because I'd say I prefer FFIX's, at least, but it's definitely up there.