PDA

View Full Version : would you have preferred it if....

Cool Revolutionary
06-29-2007, 03:41 PM
would you have preferred it if tidus had choose someone else instead of yuna?
i think it would've been funny if he was with lulu instead! haha!

Gopher Gamble
06-29-2007, 03:56 PM
Nahhh that would be cool....woulda shown a little more depth ya know. And Tidus could be like "Sorry Yuna, I just need a woman with a little more curves ya know?.

Mirage
06-29-2007, 04:07 PM
Rikku would have been fun. They look like they'd get along well.

Cool Revolutionary
06-29-2007, 04:11 PM
yeah!
his choice didnt have to be yuna did it? perhaps they shouldve made a love triangle in ffx.

Cookie
06-29-2007, 05:16 PM

I bet Jowy would agree.

LunarWeaver
06-29-2007, 05:22 PM
TidusxLunar ftw.

BG-57
06-29-2007, 06:42 PM
I like Tidus/Yuna pairing, but I could have done without the preordained aspect of their relationship, which no amount of affection ratings can alter. It's like giving Rosa a Cecil/Kain/Edge affection rating and then she picks Cecil every time.

Tidus/Rikku would have been neat, and it looked for a while that they were getting close on board the salvage ship, but then along comes the Deus Ex Machina in the form of Sin.

Little Blue
06-29-2007, 07:00 PM
I like Tidus/Yuna pairing, but I could have done without the preordained aspect of their relationship, which no amount of affection ratings can alter. It's like giving Rosa a Cecil/Kain/Edge affection rating and then she picks Cecil every time.

Agreed, the lack of impact on the overall story played by the affection ratings is quite dumb. It could've added so much more to the story...

Namelessfengir
06-29-2007, 07:12 PM
why does he have to choose? heh heh heh

but seriously rikku

Renmiri
06-29-2007, 07:40 PM
In the beginning I was rooting for Rikku but on my second playghtrough I noticed how Yuna all serious and noble and such goes ga-gah for Tidus. I found that so poignant that she would find love right when she was about to die, and die by her own choice.

I think her love for Tidus and for life was one of the reasons she decided to defy tradition and kill Yunalesca. Possibly other summoners were also angry as how the deal was set up but never found a reason strong enough to risk defying the "way things are". Her love for Tidus gave Yuna that edge. sooo romantic :love:

Cool Revolutionary
06-30-2007, 11:30 AM
rikku.
tidus is far more suited for her, personality wise they match perfectly.
wouldve made a great couple. i think yuna and tidus relationship was good for the story as a whole...but they werent really a good pairing.

Tavrobel
06-30-2007, 02:50 PM
No, because he winds up fading anyways.

Rikku's too awesome to have to settle for Tidus. We can leave him for Lunar.

Jessweeee♪
06-30-2007, 11:36 PM
Yuna and Tidus make a great couple, but I'd have liked to have seen him get with Rikku n.n

I just love the Rikku version of the snowmobile scene...it's so nice n.n

cally777
07-01-2007, 05:18 AM
I originally thought Lulu (she is too good for Wakka anyway, X2 got that wrong). But maybe Tidus is too immature for her. He could be her "toy boy" I suppose.

Rikku works much better, as she is closer to Tidus in age and bouncy personality.

Would have been great if the affection levels allowed you to decide. I wonder how you could redo the Macalania scene to fit it in. Maybe the designers figured too much alternative FMV would be needed.

:choc::choc::choc:

Hambone
07-01-2007, 09:21 AM
Tidus+Kimahri(=Tidahri)

Nifleheim7
07-01-2007, 12:20 PM
I think until they reach home and he learns about Yunas fate,Tidus and Rikku works better.But after that point it's Tidus and Yuna only.

Lulu would have been much better with someone like Auron instead of Wakka.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
07-01-2007, 01:23 PM
you mean tidus didn't end up with wakka in the end? there must be a bug in my game!? :D

if the choice had been given to me i probably would have picked rikku, i always send the affection ratings that way anyway

Cool Revolutionary
07-01-2007, 01:25 PM
I think until they reach home and he learns about Yunas fate,Tidus and Rikku works better.But after that point it's Tidus and Yuna only.

auron! no way!. shes to much fun for him.

Nifleheim7
07-01-2007, 01:27 PM

auron! no way!. shes to much fun for him.

Or maybe he is too much of a man for her!!:p

Dynast-Kid
07-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Auron/Jecht is the only couple I support.

Griff
07-02-2007, 11:39 PM
For the record, Tidus can't have Rikku, she's mine.

If they had the affection thing like they had for 7, it could lead to too many awkward moments (ie. the inevitable Tidus/Wakka Macalania scene.)

Jessweeee♪
07-04-2007, 08:45 AM
For the record, Tidus can't have Rikku, she's mine.

If they had the affection thing like they had for 7, it could lead to too many awkward moments (ie. the inevitable Tidus/Wakka Macalania scene.)

OMG you could get Wakka for that? I thought it was just Auron, Lulu, or Rikku. I've only seen Lulu's and Rikkus D:

BG-57
07-04-2007, 01:42 PM
I think what Griff meant was since you could get the Gold Saucer date with Barrett, a similar outcome with Wakka would be disturbing to some.

Only Yuna, Rikku, and Lulu have affection ratings.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
07-04-2007, 01:49 PM
is it possible to get auron on the snow ski like jessweee says or is sdhe mistaken? not seen it if you can

BG-57
07-04-2007, 01:59 PM
First I've heard of it.

ReloadPsi
07-04-2007, 05:50 PM
I always try to get Rikku to toss the Blitzball in Blitz Ace. It's always Yuna. Bitch.

Little Blue
07-04-2007, 07:36 PM
^^ Then get Tidus to attack Yuna and heal Rikku. Also, talk to Rikku first in cutscenes. That'll fix it eventually.

LunarWeaver
07-04-2007, 08:53 PM
I always mean to get the Rikku cutscene where she asks if Tidus has a thing for Yuna or whatever, then it gives you options to pick. But I always forget and end up with Lulu instead. I want to hear what Rikku says if you choose "I'd rather have you, Rikku." :(

Lulu's response to that option was basically "LOL! Yeah, k." Ah, what a darling woman.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
07-05-2007, 12:19 PM
if u tell rikku that she gets uncomfortable, giggles a bit, hits tidus, then jumps off the bridge your stood on . . . seriously!

note that petrifying a character and then shattering them is a real downer in a relationship too. when all your characters stop at a location, always to to the one you want first, and the other 2 last.

Xatif
07-05-2007, 06:13 PM
I always try to get Rikku to toss the Blitzball in Blitz Ace. It's always Yuna. Bitch.Odd. I always get Lulu.

Anyways, at first I liked how Rikku and Tidus got close together, but then when he meets Yuna, I thought there was going to be a love triangle between them, strongly hinted at the dream with Jecht, Rikku and Yuna. Man, what a let-down. I was hoping he would get along with Rikku.

Bolivar
07-05-2007, 11:51 PM
i know after you fall from...whatever the capital of the world/center of Yevon religion is, there's this thing you can get real quick where Rikku says "i know i'm a little young...but just give me a few years, ok?"....

rumors of the perverts in Square's offices came to mind at this moment....

Brennan
07-06-2007, 12:51 AM
I think it'd be intresting to se Rikku and Tidus.

Zevray
07-09-2007, 01:51 PM
I don't even like Rikku remotely. I'd feel sorry for whoever got stuck with her. x_x

Leave Tidus with Yuna, I think they go great together.

Cookie
07-09-2007, 02:05 PM
I always try to get Rikku to toss the Blitzball in Blitz Ace. It's always Yuna. Bitch.Odd. I always get Lulu.

Anyways, at first I liked how Rikku and Tidus got close together, but then when he meets Yuna, I thought there was going to be a love triangle between them, strongly hinted at the dream with Jecht, Rikku and Yuna. Man, what a let-down. I was hoping he would get along with Rikku.

The trick is, when Lulu asks you some stupid question about Tidus' feelings for Yuna and the other females in Guadosalam, you answer the female that you want to throw you the ball.

The Ceej
07-09-2007, 07:49 PM
I agree with Devil's Phoenix. I always saw Tidus with Wakka. I really don't think either of them would be happy with a woman and those relationships can only end badly. And think how Yuna and Lulu will feel when they think they turned their guy gay. The only repsectable thing to do is to admit it and get together.

Dynast-Kid
07-11-2007, 12:09 PM
I guess Tidus and Wakka would be pretty hawt, but Auron and Jecht is the best pairing! It's practically canon!

Jessweeee♪
07-11-2007, 10:00 PM
is it possible to get auron on the snow ski like jessweee says or is sdhe mistaken? not seen it if you can

I've seen Rikku's and Lulu's in the game, and Auron and Kimahri's on youtube n.n