PDA

View Full Version : Classical Guitar Suggestions

Nominus Experse
06-29-2007, 09:46 PM
nadda

starseeker
06-30-2007, 10:58 AM
The guitar I have is a classical guitar. All I can remember is I got it from Argos for £50, it's a good guitar and it keeps it's tuning well. Another thing is that classical guitars have quite a thick fretboard, so large hands do really help.

Mitch
07-01-2007, 03:50 AM
If you want to learn classical guitar I'd suggest you get a teacher. Classical is all about playing exactly what's written down in front of you, so you have to learn what all that mumbo jumbo means and get your fingers strong and accurate.

If you've got the patience and the time, GO FOR IT!

Hambone
07-01-2007, 05:24 AM
1. Andres Segovia

2. Can't help you there.

:)

rubah
07-01-2007, 06:13 AM
Classical Gas?

Rostum
07-01-2007, 11:50 AM
Slava Grigoryan. I'd say he's Australia's most leading guitarist at the moment.

Get learning in musical theory as well as actually playing the guitar.

blim
07-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Andres Segovia is fantastic, as is John Williams (not the composer). Also (although he is jazz rather than classical) you may enjoy Django Reindhart.

As for learning the guitar, i would recommend going into your local music shop and ask them to help you choose a nylon string guitar, this will give the sound you describe and most shops are very helpfulto beginners. Buy the nicest feeling (in playing position) guitar you can afford within your budget also get a spare set of strings (the shop will advise on which ones although do not skimp on these as good strings are very important) and a book aimed at classical guitar.