PDA

View Full Version : Firefox vs. IE

Jessweeee♪
06-30-2007, 12:35 AM
I honestly didn't do this just to start a versus thread, I really want to know your opinion. Just pretend that this is the first one in a long time.

I just got Firefox today, and I'm liking it. I always thought it was terrible because the only time I'd seen it is in the school when they had the oldest version they could get.

I'm noticing a neat spell check thing that didn't happen in IE, but I've also been told that the putting your name in the color brackets trick doesn't work in Firefox.

Example:
Jesse1
OMG
NOWAI

Psychotic
06-30-2007, 12:41 AM
Firefox is superior, although its legion of fanboys (there you go, whoever it was that whined about me calling them fanatics in the Staff Forum. You're not even worthy of having your name remembered! >:o) make me want to stick nails into my eyes. Or their eyes, both work.

Rye
06-30-2007, 12:44 AM
I prefer Firefox, because of I like Adblock and the themes and such. :]

And that attachment is just to remind you all. ;]

PyroManiak
06-30-2007, 12:44 AM
http://bits.webhs.org/blog/firefox-ie.gif

Meat Puppet
06-30-2007, 12:50 AM
Firefox mainly, but if I’m in a hurry, I’ll use IE. Opera makes webpages look like they have Down syndrome, so I only use that browser when there is a particular feature that I need to abuse.

Nominus Experse
06-30-2007, 12:55 AM
The ability to customize and otherwise tweak Firefox makes it most appealing to me.

I like being able to chose what I want, and how I want it to operate.

Obsidian
Firefox is superior, although its legion of fanboys (there you go, whoever it was that whined about me calling them fanatics in the Staff Forum. You're not even worthy of having your name remembered! >:o) make me want to stick nails into my eyes. Or their eyes, both work.

I share this sentiment.

Firefox may be superior, but I am not the type who cares whether or not his browser does anything out of the ordinary. Besides, I can't get YTMNDs to sync properly on it, so I just stick to IE.

Peegee
I lost my firefox theme :(

well not lost, abandoned. I think I saved the links but I have no idea where :p

escobert
06-30-2007, 01:04 AM
Firefox ftw.

Rocket Edge
06-30-2007, 01:14 AM
IE explorer for me.

yanis
06-30-2007, 01:16 AM
There's no vs.!!! Firefox rules!!!:D
...for me!

XxSephirothxX
06-30-2007, 01:16 AM
I like Firefox because I like extensions and themes. I only use IE if I want to compare how a site compares in the two browsers, or for one of the few holdout sites that require Active X.

Jessweeee♪
06-30-2007, 01:46 AM
There's just a few minor things that bother me with Firefox, things such as certain images not showing up, or certain codes not working properly.

All that looks white to me :(

Mirage
06-30-2007, 01:47 AM
You could also install the IE Tabs extension for Firefox :p. It renders a page opened with Firefox using IE's rendering engine :p.

Faris
06-30-2007, 01:54 AM
I prefer Firefox because of the nice features and such. I never used bookmarks before I had Firefox. Also, I dislike how Norton has a toolbar or something rather on IE. >:o

Jessweeee♪
06-30-2007, 02:18 AM
I never had Norton on IE o_o

I always had McAfee :P

Zeromus_X
06-30-2007, 03:17 AM
Firefox ftw.

loben
06-30-2007, 03:33 AM
I no longer use internet exploder.

Leen-Leen
06-30-2007, 03:46 AM
I used to hate Firefox, because it looked complicated to use :Oo: but when I actually tried to use it, I really like it. It's actually really simple, what was I thinking back then!? xD

Momiji
06-30-2007, 04:41 AM
I don't care about all that fancy stuff I'll never use. I've always been an IE fan.

*is shot*

Ramza Beoulve
06-30-2007, 04:43 AM
I don't care about all that fancy stuff I'll never use. I've always been an IE fan.

*is shot**is shot again*

I simply like Firefox

Tavrobel
06-30-2007, 04:44 AM
Firefox is generally superior. They say that the best form of flattery is imitation, and if so, then IE7 is sucking up to Firefox's ass. Then again, there are some things IE can do that Firefox can't, such as watch certain YTMNDs.

Namelessfengir
06-30-2007, 04:51 AM
ive been one firefox since fall 04
multi tabs and themes like i got the black japan theme so it looks all streamlined and cool
as for the tabs when i was burning through webcomix id open all of them in one window a couple dozen tabs

also because it allowed to get past the schools firewall easier
disclaimer: we at eoff do not condone bypassing the firewalls of professional institutions.....not

Værn
06-30-2007, 05:17 AM
Firefox wins hands down, no contest.

Chimp
06-30-2007, 05:28 AM
Internet Explorer is not totally useless!

Use 1: Downloading Firefox!
Use 2: Can view YTMNDs straight out of the box!

starseeker
06-30-2007, 10:10 AM
I prefer Firefox. It has nicer tabs than IE7. I also accidentally nerfed IE by somehow turning off ActivX so I no longer have any need to use it.

Firefox ftw

Little Blue
06-30-2007, 10:53 AM
Firefox + IE Tab.:D

Sergeant Hartman
06-30-2007, 11:30 AM
Firefox's 'view this page in IE' is quite handy.

Rengori
06-30-2007, 12:19 PM

*is shot**is shot again*
*is shot once more see whether or not my pistol was loaded*

Firefox.

Shauna
06-30-2007, 12:26 PM
I use Firefox. I tried using that... Opera the other day. I didn't like it too much. xD I can't even remember WHY. Ah well. But, I'll never go back to IE. Unless I use the laptop next door, which only has IE on it. :(

Lachrymosa
06-30-2007, 12:27 PM
I prefer Firefox, except for every now and then when a page just won't load in it and I have to switch to IE.

Odaisé Gaelach
06-30-2007, 03:22 PM
I'd use both, though primarily I'd use Internet Explorer. Both are good, I think. :)

I don't like Safari. I know it's just Beta software, but I don't have high hopes for it. The metal colour sticks out like a sore thumb. You also can't "Tile Windows Horizontally/Vertically" with it, which is a pain. And the default text that it uses isn't as clear as Firefox or Internet Explorer. And it's also vunerable too.

Rant over. :)

rubah
06-30-2007, 04:46 PM
I have used Mozilla Firefox as my browser for three years now. There's really no going back now.

I don't like Safari. I know it's just Beta software, but I don't have high hopes for it. The metal colour sticks out like a sore thumb. You also can't "Tile Windows Horizontally/Vertically" with it, which is a pain. And the default text that it uses isn't as clear as Firefox or Internet Explorer. And it's also vunerable too.
You should try it on a mac. It's better there xD Apple just wanted windows kids to be able to release stuff for the iPhone. The metal fits in with the whole scheme of OS X, you don't have that window behavior on os x anyways, and you also have that kind of font smoothing on os x xD

So, yeah it's pretty crap on windows, but hey it's a port and not a very serious one, I don't think.

Vincent, Thunder God
06-30-2007, 05:38 PM
I just switched from Rogers Yahoo's perverted version of IE to Firefox. I much prefer Firefox.

~*~Celes~*~
06-30-2007, 06:15 PM
Firefox, 'cause IE crashes every time I open it :(

Levian
06-30-2007, 06:28 PM
My previous laptop came with Firefox installed and a note saying IE sux, so I started using it then and haven't changed back to IE. If that laptop hadn't had Firefox installed I probably would've still used IE to spite said fanboys in Psychotic's post.

Jessweeee♪
06-30-2007, 06:34 PM
I just got a new theme :D

It's so kewl!

Araciel
06-30-2007, 07:03 PM
firefox is as far beyond mutants as they are beyond you.

Yamaneko
06-30-2007, 08:35 PM
links2

Tallulah
06-30-2007, 08:38 PM
I used to hate Firefox, because it looked complicated to use :Oo: but when I actually tried to use it, I really like it. It's actually really simple, what was I thinking back then!? xD

Same here. :D

Chibi Youkai
07-02-2007, 01:03 AM
The only reason I have to leave firefox is to test my websites in other browsers, and visit some military pages that haven't had the time to test their pages in firefox.

Brennan
07-02-2007, 01:11 AM
Since my only comp is my parents, I only use IE, but I downloaded FF and tried it, then I had to delete it so my parents wouldn't get pissed.

KentaRawr!
07-02-2007, 01:31 AM
I use Opera for the Chat Room, as it seems to close Firefox for whatever reason, and Firefox for everything else.

IE is teh crapz.

Yuffie514
07-03-2007, 06:04 AM
i prefer FireFox and its methods. of course, there are some small things i do not appreciate, but that doesn't mean i'm going to go look for a new browser to use.

rubah
07-03-2007, 06:59 AM
I use Opera for the Chat Room, as it seems to close Firefox for whatever reason, and Firefox for everything else.

I bet it wouldn't do that if you installed the chatzilla extension for firefox 8)

Jessweeee♪
07-03-2007, 08:19 AM
Oh, IE isn't so bad...I think I like Firefox better, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if it were to vanish.

Discord
07-06-2007, 01:32 AM

I bet it wouldn't do that if you installed the chatzilla extension for firefox 8)

I wish it worked with #eoff chat too.:p

I generally prefer Firefox (that bastard Roto converted me:cry:), but there are a couple of pages which do not work under it properly. Most of them belong to Microsoft.

XxSephirothxX
07-06-2007, 01:35 AM
Well, seeing as it's an IRC extension for Firefox, it does work with #eoff. :p I used it pretty frequently a couple years ago.

Araciel
07-06-2007, 01:42 AM
opera also doubles as a torrent program.

personally i like firefox...and this guy helps with some tips:

YouTube - #1 Pimp Out Your Firefox (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3EZEPV8Sxc)

Discord
07-06-2007, 01:54 AM
Well, seeing as it's an IRC extension for Firefox, it does work with #eoff. :p I used it pretty frequently a couple years ago.

What do you do to make it? I just keep getting error messages about the host not being found.:(

PuPu
07-06-2007, 04:32 AM
They seem generally equal to me. I just like Firefox because it looks slightly better in my opinion. It's not like I absolutely detest using IE. And after all, there are times when you'll have to use one over the other (apparently some sites that would normally work with Firefox on Windows XP don't work with Windows Vista).

Netscape ftw:p

Iceglow
07-06-2007, 04:40 AM
I used to use IE6, then I brought my new laptop it came with IE7 now I was using that happy as larry for a while then I wanted to play a online browser based game (that I have now become an admin on and developer of) and IE7 just point blank refused to display the images I needed to have set for the game so I had to use FireFox, which being FF2 that too refused to show it but with a nice little addon called ChromEdit it worked fine so I use FF now the only sites I still use IE7 for are ones like Hotmail inbox and Facebook (everytime I do certain things with facebook such as try and create a gallery on ff2 it crashes the browser)

NeoCracker
07-06-2007, 07:06 AM
I use what Unne uses.

StarlightAngel
07-06-2007, 07:39 AM
I like Firefox. Tabs and Mint theme, ftw. Whoever made the mint theme knows my favorite color scheme, it would seem 83

Maxico
07-06-2007, 08:14 AM
Now I am a Firefox user, because the 4 year gap in updates with IE6 was ridiculous.

But, now that IE7 is out with, pesumably, frequent updates, tabs and an updated engine, is there really all that much behind things like

Firefox ftw.

or are you just jumping on the Microsoft hatetrain?

The only real difference I see between the two browsers is user generated content, themes and extensions and the like, which apparantly don't work on the Mac port.

Now I can see how that would be an advantage, but does it really warrent

IE is teh crapz.

Nice internet grammar by the way guys. You guys are so cool.

Jessweeee♪
07-06-2007, 09:51 AM
I miss the clicky noise IE made whenever I clicked on a link...

EDIT: I also noticed the preview is shorter when I hover over the link to a thread.

Nominus Experse
07-07-2007, 12:58 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeee! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzbOoJNC_TU&mode=related&search=)