PDA

View Full Version : Lily Allen

daggertrepe
06-30-2007, 05:31 PM
YouTube - Lily Allen - "Smile" Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZyTOROlo9E)

So what do you all think of this vivacious new artist? Personally, I love her! :tongue:

Madame Adequate
06-30-2007, 08:30 PM
Reported.

Nominus Experse
06-30-2007, 08:33 PM
Yeah, you eat all that chocolate, bitch.

Is this called singing, or do they have a particular category assigned specifically for this kind of crap?

And the video is terrible as well.

Shlup
06-30-2007, 08:38 PM
The look on her face... Even she isn't entertained by her music.

Though making boys cry is awesome.

Madame Adequate
07-01-2007, 12:38 AM
Is this called singing, or do they have a particular category assigned specifically for this kind of crap?

The phrase I use is "Two steps below the Holocaust".

rubah
07-01-2007, 03:53 AM
I like her singing, really.

El Bandito
07-01-2007, 06:30 AM
Yeah, I'm not a fan of Lily Allen, though I dig the production.

Mark Ronson is a great DJ.

Momiji
07-01-2007, 06:34 AM
I don't really like her or her music at all, even though her voice is pretty.

LunarWeaver
07-01-2007, 07:17 PM
She's a little too much of a bitch. I saw an interview with her once where she talked like every musical artist on the planet is an overrated piece of crap except for her. She has one barbed tongue on her.

"The littlest things that take me there
I know it sounds lame, but it's so true."

Yeah, your lyrics are Shakespeare. Quick, judge everybody else, Lily!

demondude
07-01-2007, 07:19 PM
She is a chav she even admitted that herself in an interview like two months ago.

daggertrepe
07-01-2007, 07:23 PM
I like her music??? She may be a bitch, but whatever. She said she doesn't want to be a celeb.

BTW what is a CHAV?

Rocket Edge
07-01-2007, 07:25 PM
The look on her face... Even she isn't entertained by her music.
Exactly. I find her completely annoying, and she often behaves like a spoilt brat.

LunarWeaver
07-01-2007, 07:27 PM
"If you don't want to be treated like a celebrity, then don't act like one." ~ Cillian Murphy.

She's not doing a very good job of not wanting it.

I like her music alright I guess. She's one of the better pop albums out there, but still...she's just too much for me. I get tired of hearing rappers rap constantly about how rich and awesome they are, and it's the same for her. Too few of her songs put away the bitchy.

daggertrepe
07-01-2007, 07:29 PM
She just performed at the concert for princess Diana.

Fonzie
07-01-2007, 07:32 PM
Chav - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav)

daggertrepe
07-01-2007, 07:34 PM
OH that 's a chav... :(

Sweet Beloved
07-01-2007, 07:41 PM
I love her song "Smile"
I listened to it when me and my boyfriend got in a fight.
And it made me feel soo much better. x]!
<3
But other than that, I think she's pretty okay.

Yukki-Chan
07-01-2007, 07:46 PM
At first I really didn't like her mainly because of her 'am I bovvered?' expression but lately shes grown on me and I quite like it, just finished listening to the album actually.

charliepanayi
07-01-2007, 07:52 PM
I can't stand her music, and she is intensely irritating, almost like the female Liam Gallagher in her constantly mouthing off and slagging off all and sundry (far too prevalent a thing amongst many musicians today).

So definitely not a fan.

Madame Adequate
07-01-2007, 10:33 PM
I can't stand her music, and she is intensely irritating, almost like the female Liam Gallagher in her constantly mouthing off and slagging off all and sundry (far too prevalent a thing amongst many musicians today).

So definitely not a fan.

At least Liam had the occasional, minor burst of actual ability, or something that would pass for it if you didn't look too closely.

DK
07-01-2007, 10:41 PM
Her Dad is a legend, mind.

Psychotic
07-01-2007, 10:47 PM
The phrase I use is "Two steps below the Holocaust".I love this post. So much so that perhaps I will find a way to wed it in a civil union.

I Don't Need A Name
07-01-2007, 10:47 PM
she needs strangling

Nominus Experse
07-01-2007, 10:55 PM
Her Dad is a legend, mind.
People that ride on their father's coattails piss me off

El Bandito
07-02-2007, 09:16 PM
I would love to see Lady Sovereign knock her out. That would be a fun fight to watch.

Dynast-Kid
07-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Lily Allen is alright, I guess. All i've heard is her "Smile" song. It's okay, not great or anything, but I don't hate it...

I would love to see Lady Sovereign knock her out. That would be a fun fight to watch.

Lady Sovereign makes me want to claw my eyes out.

f f freak
07-02-2007, 10:50 PM
I only really like her song Alfie. It has a fun tune.

Yuna_wannabe
07-02-2007, 10:56 PM
YouTube - Lily Allen - "Smile" Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZyTOROlo9E)

So what do you all think of this vivacious new artist? Personally, I love her! :tongue:

Personally im a big fan of lilly allen ^_^ especially smile . and i really hate lady soverign .. i literally wish iwould go def when i hear her voice..she reminds me of sporty spice gone wrong...and thats sayin something

Shiny
07-03-2007, 12:27 AM
I like her music??? She may be a bitch, but whatever. She said she doesn't want to be a celeb.

If she doesn't want to be a celebrity then why is she a pop "singer"?

daggertrepe
07-03-2007, 03:36 AM
I don't know.

Slothy
07-03-2007, 04:16 AM
I didn't bother watching the video, but I saw her on that concert for Princess Diana this weekend and frankly, I'd rather never listen to music again then be forced to listen to her again.

Mr.SimpleandClean
07-03-2007, 04:16 AM
I only like her because she said she was a fan of Beyonce, other than that i could give two cents about her lyrics and apperance...and thats being real!!

fire_of_avalon
07-03-2007, 05:03 AM
Well I think she's cute as hell, buttheads. :D

Rengori
07-03-2007, 05:29 AM
She's pretty, but that's about all she's got going for her. Well, that's pop.

Rye
07-03-2007, 04:02 PM
I think she and her music are cute, but I don't give it actually musical credit, if that makes any sense.

DK
07-03-2007, 04:06 PM
tbf I'd back Lily Allen in a fist fight against that Sovereign failure. Lily Allen is somewhat of a psychopath, and Lady Sovereign is just a filthy scummy bint.

Rye
07-03-2007, 04:11 PM
tbf I'd back Lily Allen in a fist fight against that Sovereign failure. Lily Allen is somewhat of a psychopath, and Lady Sovereign is just a filthy scummy bint.

Don't they hate each other or something because of Myspace?

DK
07-03-2007, 04:15 PM
I don't know or care. All I know is that Lady Sovereign reminds me of every other scummy slag that used to give handjobs in the school toilets when they were 13 and think they were hard 'cause they had black boyfriends but then ran off crying when some psycho woman they attempted to start on destroyed them. And I think Lily Allen is a psyhopath. :}

Dreddz
07-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Frilly dresses and Reebok Classics are a ghetto combo.

DK
07-03-2007, 04:23 PM
I saw her in The Sun one day wearing a dragon pajama outfit thing. She looked like a green Barney or something like that. Now THAT was ghetto.

daggertrepe
07-03-2007, 04:29 PM
Lily Allen is just...better.

Grazia
07-06-2007, 05:31 AM
Cant stand her at all.

kikimm
07-07-2007, 12:28 AM
Vindictive bitch.

daggertrepe
07-07-2007, 05:11 PM
You guys don't even know her personally...

Cool Revolutionary
07-07-2007, 05:19 PM
its time for a rant. ahem ahem.
basically....shes a rotten tramp. and i mean this LITERALLY.
i cant stand her irritating little (well, rather big chumpy) smug face.
she go's on and on about hating people with no talent etc etc,
let me ask you this Lily....do you think youve broke the mold with your irritating...bland....drab....simply putting it CRAP music!!!!!!!!! please dont act like you have integrity, and taste, when clearly both ran 50 dimensions away from you, and when you pursued they then beat you WITH A HUGE FRIGGIN UGLY STICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
there is my refined opinion on the chump that is...lily allen.
gotta edit this, theres one more think i want to say.
what the hell is with the 1930s grandma dresses...

Tigmafuzz
07-07-2007, 09:11 PM
ha! she got herself banned with that post.
i dont like it much, either, though...

Polaris
07-07-2007, 09:11 PM
I don't like her, not even a bit! However (and I think it was her) who said she had some online frinends which I found cool appart from that I don't like her music! Nothing personal, it's just I find it annoying!

Anaisa
07-07-2007, 11:16 PM
ha! she got herself banned with that post.
i dont like it much, either, though... HA! You think "she" got banned for that. HE was banned because that was one of his multiple spectacular accounts. With fine posts like that, it's glaringly obvious it's eoff's loss.

Mr. Louis Game
07-08-2007, 05:53 AM
I don't know or care. All I know is that Lady Sovereign reminds me of every other scummy slag that used to give handjobs in the school toilets when they were 13 and think they were hard 'cause they had black boyfriends but then ran off crying when some psycho woman they attempted to start on destroyed them. And I think Lily Allen is a psyhopath. :}
Where'd you go to school? Why couldn't I be there?

Lily kinda looks like she has downs.

Grazia
07-08-2007, 06:36 AM
You guys don't even know her personally...

Well neither do you. You like her, and we hate her. We're entitled to have an opinion whether we know her personally or not. That argument is flawed in a way because you like her & dont know her, so how do you know she's not a horrible person?

You asked a question and people answered. If people dont like her then let them, thats their choice.

Either way, she comes from East London which is where I am and she seems like she tries to make it seem "ghetto" here when its not.... just full of chavs like her and shes annoying, slags people off & calls them talentless when she is also rather talentless. Case of the pot calling the kettle black imo.

Also, I always worry about artists who use myspace to get themselves known.... I dunno, theres just something that doesnt make sense to me about it. But I guess if no music label is willing to touch you, then myspace music is the next best thing. At least it worked for her, but it doesnt really prove that shes a fantastic musician.

scrumpleberry
07-19-2007, 11:13 AM
I don't like her, not even a bit! However (and I think it was her) who said she had some online frinends which I found cool appart from that I don't like her music! Nothing personal, it's just I find it annoying!

Yyyyup!

Also, I've heard that she tries to act like she's had it hard but comes from a pretty well-off background.

daggertrepe
07-19-2007, 04:28 PM
Of course. I'm pretty sure she was born rich, boozing and whatnot. :p

frequency
07-19-2007, 11:56 PM
This kind of self-indulgent, accent-accentuated piece of "music" makes me feel like stabbing myself in the head with a rusty knife.

this is NOT singing, this is talking and dragging out your accent...the Arctic Monkeys are no better...or Kaiser Chiefs...

...pretty much any British Indie band.

El Bandito
07-20-2007, 12:00 AM
this is NOT singing, this is talking and dragging out your accent...the Arctic Monkeys are no better...or Kaiser Chiefs...

Wow, you must really hate Mike Skinner then.

Old Manus
07-20-2007, 12:04 AM
Guys, calm down. This is the internet. We aren't allowed to admit we enjoy popular music, or indeed, anything that is popular with the general populace.

Anaisa
07-20-2007, 12:15 AM
Guys, calm down. This is the internet. We aren't allowed to admit we enjoy popular music, or indeed, anything that is popular with the general populace.But the internet is popular with the general populace.

Old Manus
07-20-2007, 12:19 AM
Such is the great irony of the internet, my dear Anaisa.

daggertrepe
07-20-2007, 12:21 AM
Theory: Many people hate lily allen!

Rengori
07-20-2007, 12:30 AM
Theory: Many people hate lily allen!

Theory: Many people hate pop music.

El Bandito
07-20-2007, 12:37 AM
Theory: Many people hate (anything you could possible think of)

Rengori
07-20-2007, 12:39 AM
Theory: Many people hate (anything you could possible think of)

Theory: Anything but Chuck Norris, Cthulu, and Led Zeppelin.

Nominus Experse
07-20-2007, 12:50 AM
If you say you hate sex, you're lying (or are a woman that has yet to climax fully)

Madame Adequate
07-20-2007, 03:15 AM
If you say you hate sex, you're lying (or are a woman that has yet to climax fully)

I hate sex. I mean, I've no hatred for the physical act in and of itself, but I hate the demands it places on us.

This kind of self-indulgent, accent-accentuated piece of "music" makes me feel like stabbing myself in the head with a rusty knife.

...pretty much any British Indie band.

Hi, I want to marry you for this post. I'll bear your children.

daggertrepe
07-20-2007, 02:29 PM

:eek:

scrumpleberry
07-20-2007, 03:44 PM
Meh, I don't mind the Arctic Monkeys. They're better than Lily Allen, at any rate.