PDA

View Full Version : Describe Batman Begins...

The Fat Bioware Nerd
06-30-2007, 09:24 PM
...In three words or less.

Tankmobile.

(Batman doesn't drive a Batmobile anymore. He drives a Tankmobile now.)

Mirage
06-30-2007, 09:41 PM
Now? You mean before.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
06-30-2007, 09:54 PM
Now? You mean before.

What are you talking about?

LunarWeaver
06-30-2007, 10:03 PM
No nipple suit.

Mirage
06-30-2007, 11:30 PM
Now? You mean before.

What are you talking about?

Batman begin isn't set in the present, but the past.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
07-01-2007, 12:04 AM

:confused: You have horrible grammar and your silly statement doesn't make any sense to me. Now are you going to describe Batman Begins or not?

ljkkjlcm9
07-01-2007, 12:30 AM

:confused: You have horrible grammar and your silly statement doesn't make any sense to me. Now are you going to describe Batman Begins or not?

you know perfectly well she meant Batman Begins is set in the past, before the other movies, meaning he had the "tankmobile" before the batmobile

THE JACKEL

The Fat Bioware Nerd
07-01-2007, 12:44 AM
You know perfectly well she meant Batman Begins is set in the past, before the other movies, meaning he had the "tankmobile" before the batmobile.

THE JACKAL

Nolan said that Batman Begins was a reboot which means he restarted the franchise.

Mirage
07-01-2007, 12:50 AM

It was one single typo, you fucking retard.

The movie has a reference to the Joker, which means Batman Begins clearly takes place before the time period when the Joker was active. Thus, Batman Begin is not set to the present. It may be a reboot, but it's still in the past.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
07-01-2007, 12:58 AM
It was one single typo, you smurfing retard.

Fuck you too bitch.

Mirage
07-01-2007, 01:02 AM
You forgot capital s, your grammar is fucking awful. You should give up on life.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
07-01-2007, 01:11 AM
You forgot capital s, your grammar is smurfing awful. You should give up on life.

I wrote it with a capital F you cranky bitch! The only thing that I did was make fun of your grammar and you got your panties in a twist.

Mirage
07-01-2007, 01:16 AM
Why did you? Did you have a lot of trouble figuring out there was just an s missing at the end of "begin"? Regardless, it was a typographical error, and you only pointed it out and exaggerated it as an attempt to annoy me.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
07-01-2007, 01:27 AM
Why did you? Did you have a lot of trouble figuring out there was just an s missing at the end of "begin"? Regardless, it was a typographical error, and you only pointed it out and exaggerated it as an attempt to annoy me.

No I didn't have any trouble, I was just messing with you. Now if you're not going to describe Batman Begins please get the hell out of my thread.

By the way I think my attempt to annoy you worked.

Mirage
07-01-2007, 02:07 AM
So you did do it on purpose. That's trolling, and not really wanted on this forum.

I've explained everything I need to explain about Batman Begin. Maybe you were too caught up in trying to insult me to notice?

I guess I can repeat it for you: Batman Begins has a reference to the emergence of the Joker, meaning Batman Begins takes place in the past. Unless you consider the 1989 Batman movie to be set in the future, or you think a new Batman movie featuring the Joker will be set in a present or future world.

Leeza
07-01-2007, 03:31 AM
Both of you better stop this line of posting now and forever. You do not want to make me come in here again.

Mitch
07-01-2007, 03:45 AM
It has ninjas.

Mirage
07-01-2007, 04:10 AM
Scarecrows.

Anyway, I think it's interesting to discuss where in the timeline this movie is, regardless of whether or not it is a reboot. Just without all the negative comments. I say it's not present day.

El Bandito
07-01-2007, 06:28 AM
Could you point out anything in particular that places Batman Begins into any particular time? (not challenging, just wondering)

The movie doesn't seem to have any particular themes that would place it in the past. I'd say it's like most movies and just sets itself in the time that the movie was created. In which case, I guess the time line would be present since at the time of its release it reflects that world.

As for the link to the original Batman movie, I'd say the topic starter is right in saying the two have nothing to do with each other since the next Nolan-directed movie is reinventing the Joker.