PDA

View Full Version : Game

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-01-2007, 02:18 AM
Anime Convention goers know him as Michael "Piano Squall" Gluck. A statistician by day, he attends anime conventions dressed as Squall and plays amazing piano arrangements of various Final Fantasy and anime music.

Today, I received a copy of his first CD, "Game", which has many of his original arrangements of Final Fantasy and anime music. It is an amazingly good CD and is the first video game and anime piano solo CD published by an independent musician.

The CD has eighteen tracks.

1. Scars of Time from Chrono Cross (3:13)
2. TANK! from Cowboy Bebop (1:37)
3. The Athlete's Rag from Super Mario World (1:09)
4. Cruel Angel's Thesis from Neon Genesis: Evangelion (2:23)
5. Frog's Theme from Chrono Trigger (1:01)
6. Decisive Battle with Magus from Chrono Trigger (1:09)
7. Sadness and Sorrow from Naruto (2:51)
8. Vamo'alla Flamenco from Final Fantasy IX (2:54)
9. Korobeiniki from Tetris (1:58)
10. Bratja from Fullmetal Alchemist (1:54)
11. Dr. Wily's Castle Stage 1 from Mega Man II (1:42)
12. Every Heart from InuYasha (3:59)
13. 1000 Words from Final Fantasy X-2 (2:40)
14. Kiss me Goodbye from Final Fantasy XII (3:06)
15. The Prelude from Final Fantasy (2:29)
16. Ending Theme from Final Fantasy (1:32)
17. Final Fantasy Battle Medley including the songs Battle with Gilgamash, Dancing Mad, The Last Battle, Fight 2, Normal Battle, The Decisive Battle, Those Who Fight Further, Liberi Fatali, One Winged Angel and Victory Fanfare from Final Fantasy V, VI, IX, IV, X, VI, VII, VIII, VII, and I respectively (11:53)
18. Boss Battle, an original composition (1:24)

He is an extremely talented musician, and all these songs are his own original compositions. I say check it out if available, you can probably find more information on his site. (http://www.pianosquall.com)

He's really cool too, very humble and generally an awesome guy. Got to meet him briefly at con, 'twas much fun.

Jessweeee♪
07-01-2007, 03:40 AM
I saw a video of him preforming on Youtube once...it was pretty cool! Plus he cosplays as Squall, what's cooler than Squall on a piano?

Fatal Impurity
07-03-2007, 03:14 AM
He looks nothing like squall just a dude in a leather jacket with fur trim but he is very talented with a piano.

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-03-2007, 07:05 PM
He looks nothing like squall just a dude in a leather jacket with fur trim but he is very talented with a piano.

Well, he has the right hair color. Of all the characters in Final Fantasy, he looks MOST like Squall.

But yeah, the point is that his piano is top-notch. I was saying SE needs to hire him to do their music, he's so very good.

Fatal Impurity
07-04-2007, 04:50 AM
Yeah from what i've seen from him he idolizes Uematsu...so yeah it would be the best thing ever to happen to him if he worked with Uematsu on a new FF's soundtrack.