PDA

View Full Version : Starmen.net EB grassroots campaign(The future of Mother/Earthbound 3 is up to us!)

Crossblades
07-01-2007, 04:59 PM
AllRPG - Latest News (http://www.allrpg.com/rpgnews/news_show.php?newsid=3217)

Nintendo has long been a company of the fans. Even during the company's darkest years, Nintendo survived on it's devoted and even fanatical fan base. The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros., and even less known titles such as Fire Emblem have been successful because of the fans. However, one series that seems to be consistently overlooked is the Mother games, which have enjoyed an enthusiastic response from gamers world over - and the situation doesn't seem to be changing.

That's where you, the fan, comes in. It's time to start a grass roots campaign and contact Nintendo directly, letting our individual voices heard, to let demand be known.

The long standing and respectable Starmen.net has taken the reigns for what may be the biggest fan reaction in the industry. Ever, and it's up to you whether or not you want to be involved (Hint: You do.)

Starmen.net has arranged several ways to let your support be known, and you can check those out here at the EB Siege information page, with easy directions on how to call, mail, or donate your way to a better gaming livelihood.

The future of Mother 3 is murky at best. With your participation, we can finally shed some light on one of the Gameboy Advance's swan songs.

Get to it!

Dreddz
07-01-2007, 05:17 PM
However, one series that seems to be consistently overlooked is the Mother games, which have enjoyed an enthusiastic response from gamers world over - and the situation doesn't seem to be changing.

Yeah, the only thing is is thats not true.

Karellen
07-01-2007, 05:48 PM
An online petition to get Nintendo to bring the latest installment in a series that's only ever enjoyed lukewarm sales outside of Japan to the US for a platform that's pretty much clinically dead by this point. Surely they must realize that this is a futile endeavor.

KentaRawr!
07-01-2007, 05:53 PM
However, one series that seems to be consistently overlooked is the Mother games, which have enjoyed an enthusiastic response from gamers world over - and the situation doesn't seem to be changing.

Yeah, the only thing is is thats not true.

I think they meant overlooked by Nintendo in that, as only one Mother game reached the U.S. out of three. It's sort of a Seiken Densetsu 3 situation, I suppose.

Momiji
07-04-2007, 05:30 AM
I would kill to see another EarthBound. :eep: It's one of my favorite game series. (I've played the original NES version on emulator as well.)

Zeromus_X
07-04-2007, 05:53 AM
It is a crying shame, but we have to accept that Mother 3 won't make it out of Japan. They would have announced a localization long ago; no online petition will change that.

Thankfully that fantranslation was, at the least, almost finished the last time I checked on it.

Roto13
07-04-2007, 10:10 PM
These things never work.