PDA

View Full Version : Do you want a remake?

Aerisfanatic
07-01-2007, 06:49 PM
there has been threads on the elusive remake of final fantasy VII... this has been probobly made before but do you want the game remade? why or why not?

daggertrepe
07-01-2007, 07:40 PM
If by any highly impossible chance it did get remade, then yes, that would be very nice! :)

Bolivar
07-01-2007, 07:44 PM
it'd be nice. I think I-IV all benefitted greatly from their remakes (although I's difficulty is obviously ruined :( ), so why shouldn't VII? On the other hand, even though they're very outdated, there's nothing wrong with its graphics, but I think it would serve more as to pay tribute to Squaresoft's best selling and (possibly) most memorable game.

Spawn of Sephiroth
07-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Hell yeah I would like to see it remade. I think they should have just remade it rather than waste their time with the other million FF7 titles they made. I want a remake, not sequals or prequals.

f f freak
07-01-2007, 07:52 PM
I'm happy with the one we have now. I suppose some nice new graphics wouldn't go amiss. But I love the current translation. It's funny seeing 'This guy are sick'.

Mirage
07-01-2007, 07:54 PM
I don't care the slightest.

Besides, "this guy are sick" is not in the current translation. There have been two translations since the first translation. Neither the PAL version nor the PC version has the sentence "this guy are sick" in them.

LunarWeaver
07-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Only if they take away them Weapons for the Europeans.

Jessweeee♪
07-01-2007, 08:34 PM
I'd LOVE to see a remake, but it'll most likely come out on a console I don't own :(

Square should totally remake it on the Wii.

leader of mortals
07-01-2007, 09:16 PM
I think it would be nice to have an ff7 remake on the ds, like 3 and soon to be 4, but I think they will have trouble making it with good 3-d graphics. As long as they leave the materia system alone, it would be very nice.

jammi567
07-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Why? Because you're jelus that we have the Dark Aeons in X?

For christ sake, don't re-make it. It's bad enough as it is.

Tallulah
07-01-2007, 09:18 PM
Why bother? It's been done to death already; a remake would be absolutely pointless. Although I do love the Final Fantasy III remake, it was brought out because it was very hard for new FF recruits, especially in Europe, to find and play.

To the two (so far) who do want a remake I say: '*sticks finger up and blows raspberry* Jog on...' :eep:

EDIT: @ Mirage: Actually, the PAL version does have the infamous 'This guy are sick' line still included. Sorry to burst your bubble, there.

leader of mortals
07-01-2007, 09:19 PM

Are you saying that FF7 was bad?:eek:

Hambone
07-01-2007, 09:21 PM
I'd like to see a remake only because my current game is screwing up and I really don't want to spend $60 dollars on a used Final Fantasy VII that might not work either.

AND, they've remade I-VI already, so VII should be next on the list.

I'd also like to see if they get Aerith's name right...

jammi567
07-01-2007, 09:24 PM

*Slow clapping* Yeah, i am.

Psychotic
07-01-2007, 10:37 PM
I'd really enjoy a remake.

Griff
07-02-2007, 12:12 AM
Remaking is a waste of time and money. They should just make new ones. If they are so insistant on remaking old games at least make it a port to the PSP.

Hyperion4444
07-02-2007, 12:23 AM
It should be done on a PS4 'at least 4 generation old like the rest of the Final Fantasies'.

Zeromus_X
07-02-2007, 12:28 AM
I would like to see FFVII remade. A sparkling new localization, upgraded cosmetics, voice acting...it'd certainly be a sight.

rubah
07-02-2007, 01:45 AM
It'd beat yet another ff1 remake/port/etc

atlanteay
07-02-2007, 02:05 AM
no way ! it'll just be one more reason to get a ps3 or some next gen console

Hambone
07-02-2007, 02:19 AM
Remaking is a waste of time and money. They should just make new ones. If they are so insistant on remaking old games at least make it a port to the PSP.

Nobody owns a PSP. Well, I do.

Brennan
07-02-2007, 02:25 AM
I'd be awesome to see a remake with voice actors and whatnot

Ouch!
07-02-2007, 02:26 AM
I would approve of a Final Fantasy VII remake under two conditions:
1. It's (inevitable) success sparks a Final Fantasy VIII remake.
2. FFVIII's remake success sparks a Final Fantasy IX remake.

I don't give half a damn 'bout VII or VIII, but I'd love to see IX redone for reasons unexplained. After all, only horrible idiots dislike FFIX.

Brennan
07-02-2007, 02:28 AM
I would approve of a Final Fantasy VII remake under two conditions:
1. It's (inevitable) success sparks a Final Fantasy VIII remake.
2. FFVIII's remake success sparks a Final Fantasy IX remake.

I don't give half a damn 'bout VII or VIII, but I'd love to see IX redone for reasons unexplained. After all, only horrible idiots dislike FFIX.

I was thinking that too

Ouch!
07-02-2007, 02:35 AM
I'd also like to note that my primary motivation for such a thing revolves mainly around a desire to hear Final Fantasy IX's soundtrack fully orchestrated in action.

daggertrepe
07-02-2007, 02:39 AM

VII is WAY better than X.

The Crystal
07-02-2007, 02:49 AM
The graphics, story, and characters of FFIX, are very good. The game don't need a remake.

Hyperion4444
07-02-2007, 03:55 AM
I agree they could make a remake to make it alot better of the game(s), they could use a facelift on graphics.
That would be cool.

However, by the experience of looking at the PSP remake of FF1 and FF2 screenshots, don't bother.
By the way things are looking right now, at best the remake they could do if they do one would be on PS2, so don't even bother...
don't even bother me for a remake until it is remade for a PS4.

jammi567
07-02-2007, 07:23 PM

No it isn't. The story was crap, some aspects of the plot aren't explained (Sephirpth in a crystal...), Cloud is an emo who never knows how to have fun, even when he's with someone he loves etc, etc.

10-Breaker
07-02-2007, 08:44 PM
Hell yeah! I would luv it!

Nifleheim7
07-02-2007, 10:35 PM

You are a very bad person.:p

I really don't care.
(But i would surely buy it if they made one)

hplvr
07-02-2007, 11:10 PM
no.... the old one is amaing, and always willl be
not remake could match the amazingness of this game
NEVER

Dragon Mage
07-02-2007, 11:23 PM
*sigh* yeah. sure. why the hell not? hplvr cut it out. we know. can you stop it? NO! It's going to happen. We all know it's going to happen. Why try and stop the word from turning? It ain't going to happen. And when it comes, and it will, don't deny that you won't play it. You will. Maybe not buy it or anything, no, more likely you'll play a friend's copy. But you will. Curiosity. Such a lovely thing; and such a pain in the as*.

oddler
07-02-2007, 11:25 PM
Honestly, I wish they'd stop remaking and just come out with something fresh and new. :(

Fatal Impurity
07-03-2007, 01:48 AM
When they come out with something "fresh and new" you get a fiasco like FF10 and 10-2...so yeah i think i'll stick with my remakes thanks!

Firo Volondé
07-03-2007, 02:45 AM
When they come out with something "fresh and new" you get a fiasco like Compilation of FFVII...so yeah i think i'll stick with my remakes thanks!

Fix'd.

oddler
07-03-2007, 02:57 AM
When they come out with something "fresh and new" you get a fiasco like Compilation of FFVII...so yeah i think i'll stick with my remakes thanks!

Fix'd.

:aimkiss:

Dr. Acula
07-03-2007, 07:17 AM
I wouldn't mind a remake. As long as FF5 and 6 are remade first (preferably for DS, like they're doing for FF4 and they did for FF3) otherwise it just wouldn't be fair.

Crop
07-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Yea, but only with enhansed graphics. I wouldnt want voice actors or a slight change of storyline or more side quests. I just want some freakin sweet FFVII graphics.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
07-03-2007, 11:12 AM
HELLS YA! i would personally love to see a remake of this game. the one downfall of the original is that it isn't so visually stunning, something which could easily and vastly be improved in this day and age (as shown by the tech demo).

however, saying this i wouldn't be too disappointed if it didn't get remade. and then you have to ask yourself where the line will be drawn. if a remake of 7 is produced, would people want a remake of 8? ( i know i would), then 9, and 10, and next we'l be wanting a remake of the remake of ff7!!! will we ever truly be satisfied :D

Cledarius
07-03-2007, 12:06 PM
Yeah a remake would be cool. With better graphics and no mistakes in the dialogs! maybe they update it, with new materias, weapons, accesoirs etc.

But it seems to take it's time, so i guess not before 2010.

Fatal Impurity
07-03-2007, 01:13 PM
Hmm a remake would be good but only if they keep the story the same and get rid of all the bugs/glitches/translation errors. I wouldnt mind a voiceoever as long as they get the cast of AC to do it, and your able to turn it off.

If they do remake FF7 i wouldnt want any half assed marginally improved game like FF6...i mean what were they thinking with all these remakes? If your gonna remake it at least improve it far beyond what it was like before otherwise its not worth spending the millions and millions development costs.

ReloadPsi
07-03-2007, 07:13 PM
I'm somewhere in between "HELLS YA" and "It would be nice", but can't truly decide which I belong to, so I chose the latter at random. This is all despite me exploding all over every smurfing moron who posts saying they "know" the remake is being done at the moment... well, just read my rant in the sticky :P

and your able to turn it off
This would be essential. I hate having to find something else to do during cutscenes; it's not like they're any more enjoyable the second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth time round. Especially if there's one before a difficult boss (Seymour Flux anyone?) At least text-based dialogue allows you to hammer the X button repeatedly; I can actually read fast enough to do that, and used to spite all the FFX fanboys by letting them hear me tap the X button by the time I'd read the subtitle, sometimes before the character even began to speak!

Short version: If they remake this game and force us to listen to hours of unskippable dialogue, I probably won't play it. Also, if it's only on the PS3 I prolly won't get to play it for about four years as I always wait for a console not to cost more than it's worth before buying it.

Fix'd.

I love you.

darksword12
07-04-2007, 03:56 AM

No it isn't. The story was crap, some aspects of the plot aren't explained (Sephirpth in a crystal...), Cloud is an emo who never knows how to have fun, even when he's with someone he loves etc, etc.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/34/Misc-Burn_him.jpg

Fatal Impurity
07-04-2007, 05:15 AM
I'm somewhere in between "HELLS YA" and "It would be nice", but can't truly decide which I belong to, so I chose the latter at random. This is all despite me exploding all over every smurfing moron who posts saying they "know" the remake is being done at the moment... well, just read my rant in the sticky :P

and your able to turn it off
This would be essential. I hate having to find something else to do during cutscenes; it's not like they're any more enjoyable the second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth time round. Especially if there's one before a difficult boss (Seymour Flux anyone?) At least text-based dialogue allows you to hammer the X button repeatedly; I can actually read fast enough to do that, and used to spite all the FFX fanboys by letting them hear me tap the X button by the time I'd read the subtitle, sometimes before the character even began to speak!

Short version: If they remake this game and force us to listen to hours of unskippable dialogue, I probably won't play it. Also, if it's only on the PS3 I prolly won't get to play it for about four years as I always wait for a console not to cost more than it's worth before buying it.

Fix'd.

I love you.

Believe it or not i thinking of FF10 when i wrote that post! I mean its goddamn annoying having to hear Tidus say "She's not gonna die!" for the 100th time and being able to do little about it except for turn the game off and burn it...i was stuck at Seymour on Mt Gagazet for ages...and every time i attempted to kill Seymour i had to sit through that goddamn sequence.

I also wait for a console to be cheap...afterall its usually not until about two years into a consoles life that they get any truly amazing or worthwhile games, E.G. Xbox (Halo 2), and PS2 (FF10).

Oh c'mon guys the compilation of FF7 wasn't that bad...afterall i liked AC, and DOC wasn't bad either. Give it a break once in a while!

jammi567
07-04-2007, 08:44 AM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/34/Misc-Burn_him.jpg
a) How do you know that i'm a boy....

b) it's okay, but it's not as brilliant as some of the other games on the market (or that people say it is.

grim07
07-04-2007, 04:22 PM

He's one of the very few who think so.

moonstar
07-04-2007, 04:39 PM
Oh yes i would be so happy if they remade final fantasy vii into a Ps3 or Ps2 game. I would want to see all the scenes of my favorite character. :)

Elpizo
07-04-2007, 05:22 PM

Honestly, I wish they'd stop remaking and just come out with something fresh and new. :(

FF XIII, FF versus XIII, FF agito XIII, FFTA2, FF XII Revenant Wings, FF CC: RoF, FF CC: TCB, The last Remnant, Crisis Core, FNC in total, VII-compilation as well, Dissidia FF

compared to

GBA ports, III DS remake, IV DS remake, FFT PSP port, FF I and II PSP port

Yeah, SE so makes nothing new these days, only ports and remakes, yeah... Feel free to add if I forgot something. But yes, no new titles can be found.

DarkCloud_BD
07-04-2007, 06:12 PM
HELL YEAH!!
And they should put a Bonus Game where Aerith pops out and you stab her with a Masamune.... It would be priceless :D
Oh, and about the Scene skipping... In X there was none, in X-2 there were some... And in XII... LET THERE BE LIGHT!! Scene-skipping galore :choc2: So maybe they were illuminated in the art of scene-skipping... Though we can only hope :p

jammi567
07-05-2007, 07:03 PM

We're not a bloody minority. It's about 1:1 of those who hate it to those who love it.

ReloadPsi
07-05-2007, 10:07 PM
People who are not FF7 fans are actually a majority: The crazed fanbois around the Internet Gadget Zone (lol pointless Sonic Hedgehog joke) definitely make up a pretty small percentage of the world's population.

Thank God.

So fine, you FF7 haters go sit in your majority bandwagon. We few are a proud people!

jammi567
07-05-2007, 11:17 PM
Proud, arrogant, sometimes ignorant (or stupid, sometimes both). I certainly wouldn't want to meet you on a dark night (all ffvii fanboys, not just you).

grim07
07-06-2007, 02:38 AM

We're not a bloody minority. It's about 1:1 of those who hate it to those who love it.

You are in the minority. You and maybe 2 or 3 more people are the ONLY ones I know of who DONT like Final Fantasy VII. Compared to the 50,000 people I know who do. And no, thats not an exageration.

ReloadPsi
07-06-2007, 03:12 AM
Proud, arrogant, sometimes ignorant (or stupid, sometimes both). I certainly wouldn't want to meet you on a dark night (all ffvii fanboys, not just you).

Thank you. ^_^

Hambone
07-06-2007, 07:40 AM

You are in the minority. You and maybe 2 or 3 more people are the ONLY ones I know of who DONT like Final Fantasy VII. Compared to the 50,000 people I know who do. And no, thats not an exageration.

You know 50,000 people?! :eek:

Rase
07-06-2007, 08:39 AM
So you're telling me that you personally not only know 50,000 people, but they also all love Final Fantasy VII?

Forgive me for being just a tad skeptical.

jammi567
07-06-2007, 06:09 PM

Now you're just being stupid. You really expect me to believe that! You must think that i was born yesterday.

Polaris
07-06-2007, 06:58 PM
I'm happy with the original thanks :eep: I want to see new games not 10 remakes of the same game! :erm:

Cool Revolutionary
07-06-2007, 06:59 PM
I'd really enjoy a remake.
yes, i know what you mean.
but...ff7 had a really unique feel. a very curious atmosphere. i'd hate them to remake it and not keep that atmosphere.
sure they could pull it off....but will they try and change it.
the music has to be the same too, gotta be the original soundtrack.

grim07
07-06-2007, 10:49 PM
I was in the marines. Ive talked to ALOT of people, not to mention me and my g/f's family are HUGE. Plus all of their friends and family and so on and so on, and not ONE of them says Final Fantasy VII sucks.

Yeah, I may have exageratted the number a bit, but its high. Out of all the people I have met online, talked to in my life, all of them, VERY FEW sit there and say FFVII sucks.

jammi567
07-06-2007, 11:39 PM
What, did you bribe them or something?

You're just pathetic to talk to, what with you not even trying to see the other side to the argument.

Griff
07-07-2007, 01:09 AM
Are these the same people you claim never heard of the PSX before FFVII, Grim?

grim07
07-07-2007, 03:07 PM
I see your side of the argument. You claim that

1. Final Fantasy VII did NOT revolutionize Final Fantasy
2. Final Fantasy I-VI revoultionized it as much as VII
3. VI is better then VII
4. More people think that VII is better
5. VII did nothing to help Sony Playstation sales

Thats your side. Im sorry if most of that info is false. Im sorry if most proffesional gamers and game critics disagree with you. Im sorry if most people who love FF or who love RPG's disagree with you.

Truth hurts man. And yes, these are people who were like "Playstation, isnt that Sony's system? Nah, Im stickin with Nintendo, they know how to make games."

Until FFVII came out that is. You cant deny it. FFVII revolutionized the series, brought it to the forefront, and is most peoples favorite Final Fantasy. And thats NOT because it sucked.

Rase
07-07-2007, 06:53 PM
1. Final Fantasy VII did NOT revolutionize Final Fantasy
Forgive me if I'm forgetting things because I'm tired, but the only things that I can think of that were "revolutionary" in FFVII are 3D graphics/FMV's, whiny male protaganists, and female looking antagonists. Not that amazing, but hell, I'll say it's revolutionary, sure. If I'm missing things though feel free to let me know.

2. Final Fantasy I-VI revoultionized it as much as VII
Some did more than others I believe. Not counting I as starting it, II gave us actual characters, III gave us summons, IV gave us real complexity in a storyline, V gave us Blue Magic and VI gave us the ability to switch between multiple protagonists. That's all in opinion as far as I'm concerned, and depends upon you definition of "revolutionized" though. In my opinion it doesn't not count things only in one game though.

3. VI is better then VII
Pure opinion my boy. I personally think that FFIV trumps them all.

4. More people think that VII is better
Maybe it's just me, but if their arguing against it wouldn't they say more people think that FFVII is worse or something?

5. VII did nothing to help Sony Playstation sales
I've yet to see anyone say that.

Oh, and of course everyone who doesn't like FFVII/doesn't think it's that amazing must think these things. Silly me.

Im sorry if most proffesional gamers and game critics disagree with you.
Is that why FFVII is often near the top of "Most Overrated" lists?
Like here (http://archive.gamespy.com/articles/september03/25overrated/index20.shtml).

Im sorry if most people who love FF or who love RPG's disagree with you.
Lay down some real statistics for me that aren't backed up by yourself and I'll try and listen.

Truth hurts man.
Yes it does, but what does that have to do with your post? :p

Until FFVII came out that is. You cant deny it.
Well I don't think anyone's denying that.

FFVII revolutionized the series,
See 1. and 2. above concerning this.

brought it to the forefront,
Again, no one denying that.

and is most peoples favorite Final Fantasy.
You probably already see where I'm going with this, but data would be nice about this.

And thats NOT because it sucked.
Nope, it's because it's had some pretty amazing graphics at the time. :p

Hyperion4444
07-07-2007, 07:22 PM
This is a strange phenomenom that affects anyone who is a fan of Final Fantasy.

It's called:
My first Final Fantasy, My one and only true love.

Symptoms are define by: Constantly arguing about his FF is the best of all.

If you or someone you know could be affected by this, please DO NOT PANIC!

Secondary effects may include:
-Becoming a Better Person
-Long Chat of in-depth Secrets of the game.
-And much more...

Some Sub Species of this Phenomenom could also form a group combined called friends that share the same great game.

There is still to be find a cure for this, the only way not to indulge yourself in a fight with the subjet is to agree with the person on anything he says about his game.
However... rare is that case ;).

grim07
07-09-2007, 02:33 AM
Final Fantasy VII was not my first Final Fantasy.

Its not even my number one favourite (its actually a tie between it and X)

I just see how it revolutionized the Final Fantasy series and brought it to the forefront.

Go on ANY video game message board, talk to any gamer who likes RPG's, or even take a look at this "compilation of FFVII" that Squaresoft is doing.

Square is doing that because VII is most peoples FAVORITE FINAL FANTASY.

And its NOT because the game sucks. You may think so in your own personal opinion, but you CANNOT deny that the game didnt revolutionize Final Fantasy and bring it to the mainstream. Put your "Im cool because I think things are overrated" thinking aside.

You can believe what you want. But most people wouldnt even know what Final Fantasy IS without VII.

ReloadPsi
07-09-2007, 11:41 PM
Another ruined topic. Great.

Here I was, wishing to add a little thought that something that'd rule for a remake would be the use of a level 1 Tifa in that awesome wild west outfit during the Kalm flashback, possible using a different attack animation because she's younger and has had less martial arts practice. Seeing as she doesn't see Zangan again after he takes her to Midgar, we can only assume that she honed her skills either off her own back or with another instructor or something, or that she made Black Belt in the two years between the "fell off the cliff" incident and the whole Sephiroth burning the town thing..

But no. You're all just gonna bitch about how stupid FF7 fanboys are because you think bashing FF7 makes you look cool, intelligent and more of a true fan, which it doesn't: you're just the kind of person I hate, the kind of person who'll read the tabloids, trendier news websites and gossip magazines, take the opinions in them and pass them off as your own because you're so easily swayed, which is what you generally do with FF7. I bet you also boycott Nestlé and use Firefox. Oh well. No mature discussion about what we'd like to see done differently for us then, seeing as you cretins can't see the title "FF7 forum" from outside of the FF7 Forum.

Might I point out that one of our more renowned Knights has FF7 listed as his favourite on his profile? It never did him any harm. Ass.

FF7 is my favourite game of all time, and I have nothing against people slagging it off. What I do have a problem with is people feeling like they can get high and mighty because they don't prefer it over the other games.

grim07
07-10-2007, 12:18 AM
Another ruined topic. Great.

Here I was, wishing to add a little thought that something that'd rule for a remake would be the use of a level 1 Tifa in that awesome wild west outfit during the Kalm flashback, possible using a different attack animation because she's younger and has had less martial arts practice. Seeing as she doesn't see Zangan again after he takes her to Midgar, we can only assume that she honed her skills either off her own back or with another instructor or something, or that she made Black Belt in the two years between the "fell off the cliff" incident and the whole Sephiroth burning the town thing..

But no. You're all just gonna bitch about how stupid FF7 fanboys are because you think bashing FF7 makes you look cool, intelligent and more of a true fan, which it doesn't: you're just the kind of person I hate, the kind of person who'll read the tabloids, trendier news websites and gossip magazines, take the opinions in them and pass them off as your own because you're so easily swayed, which is what you generally do with FF7. I bet you also boycott Nestlé and use Firefox. Oh well. No mature discussion about what we'd like to see done differently for us then, seeing as you cretins can't see the title "FF7 forum" from outside of the FF7 Forum.

Might I point out that one of our more renowned Knights has FF7 listed as his favourite on his profile? It never did him any harm. Ass.

FF7 is my favourite game of all time, and I have nothing against people slagging it off. What I do have a problem with is people feeling like they can get high and mighty because they don't prefer it over the other games.

Well said. Im hardly an FFVII fan boy. I love other games just as much. But I can see it when people sit there and think their cool cuz they dont like something the majority of other people like.

Its the same with mainstream music. People hate on Korn or Godsmack because their signed to a major label and make millions of dollars. Well guess what? You dont sell a :skull::skull::skull::skull: load of records if your music sucks.

Garnie
07-10-2007, 12:50 AM
its gotta be remade!
theres only a selec few that dont so cmon square appease us!

ZeZipster
07-10-2007, 01:02 AM
Yes.

The PS3 tech demo sent shivers down my spine.

Aerisfanatic
07-10-2007, 01:10 AM
i heard if they do remake they will put cheats to allow you to put different outfits, like AC tifa western outfit... of coarse you know they will put an aeris revival cheat.

Hyperion4444
07-10-2007, 01:12 AM
I wouldn't say it's one of the best RPGs.
Just take Legend of Dragoon, I think it was really great.
MMORPGs like the addicting Diablo II or Oblivion/Marrowind has been know to draft many people to their games.

FFVII was a big success for 1-series was popular, 2-first PS game.

but the thing about ''FINAL FANTASY VIII THE GREASTEST RPG OF ALL TIME'' is pretty overated like the be all end all kind of deal.

It is good, but get over it god damit.
Squenix needed to influence alot of people to purchase the merchandise, ended up getting more than they bargain for, with fans demanding a sequel to FFVII since they were disappointed that FFVIII wasn't the sequel, and ended up getting burn by FFVII fans for no good reason.
With that demand, in the lates of PS2 Squenix said, ''Just give them a sequel so that we won't get bothered.'' AC was born.
Given it's success compared to FFX that needed a sequel FFX-2 that didn't sold has much as expected, and with SW in theaters not goint too well. It seemed to be a great way to make quick cash, it's lucratif.

''Prof? Spirits within used expensif higher end technology, while AC was pretty low cost rate and ended up selling more without the need of theaters. note: characters in AC look great as SW, but the lightning and animation was much different.''

So it's bassically sequel after sequel just enough to appettice the fans that keep craving for more all the time.

I hate the way FFVI/FFVII dissed out FFVIII when it was first released. I mean, someone who likes another RPG or something else is bassically still your friend right? Apperently not. One of my close friend dissed out the rest of us, to find himself another 'gang of good-willed people' and bassically ruined his life...

FFVII is still a good game, and many call it their favorite. But we shouldn't fight over this. Just say you didn't like it intead of flaming it. I think is it good but not the best, this shouldn't be a war of beliefs. We should go on with ourselfs together as a FF family instead of arguing all the time.

Although: with all the remakes that have been done, I'd say FFVII has ''very unforturnatly'' one of the worst FMV look, second to XI. Sorry, I know you didn't want to hear that... just take a look for yourselves..GameVideos.com - Final Fantasy Annivesary Montage (http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/9716) I still like thoses FMV, don't get me wrong, but after seeing thoses...

Mine is FFVIII ;). Got a problem with that? Up to you to have a problem with yourself. They kick @$$.
(Put Squall/Rinoa/Irvine on the same team, nothing/no one would last long.)
Godsmack Rocks!

ReloadPsi
07-10-2007, 03:56 AM

You gotta remember as well that across the Atlantic we'd never played a single FF game, not counting the Seiken Densetsu renames.

grim07
07-10-2007, 05:06 AM
MMORPGs like the addicting Diablo II or Oblivion/Marrowind has been know to draft many people to their games.

but the thing about ''FINAL FANTASY VIII THE GREASTEST RPG OF ALL TIME'' is pretty overated like the be all end all kind of deal.

Squenix needed to influence alot of people to purchase the merchandise, ended up getting more than they bargain for, with fans demanding a sequel to FFVII since they were disappointed that FFVIII wasn't the sequel, and ended up getting burn by FFVII fans for no good reason.
With that demand, in the lates of PS2 Squenix said, ''Just give them a sequel so that we won't get bothered.'' AC was born.
Given it's success compared to FFX that needed a sequel FFX-2 that didn't sold has much as expected, and with SW in theaters not goint too well. It seemed to be a great way to make quick cash, it's lucratif.

''Prof? Spirits within used expensif higher end technology, while AC was pretty low cost rate and ended up selling more without the need of theaters. note: characters in AC look great as SW, but the lightning and animation was much different.''

So it's bassically sequel after sequel just enough to appettice the fans that keep craving for more all the time.

I hate the way FFVI/FFVII dissed out FFVIII when it was first released. I mean, someone who likes another RPG or something else is bassically still your friend right? Apperently not. One of my close friend dissed out the rest of us, to find himself another 'gang of good-willed people' and bassically ruined his life...

FFVII is still a good game, and many call it their favorite. But we shouldn't fight over this. Just say you didn't like it intead of flaming it. I think is it good but not the best, this shouldn't be a war of beliefs. We should go on with ourselfs together as a FF family instead of arguing all the time.

Although: with all the remakes that have been done, I'd say FFVII has ''very unforturnatly'' one of the worst FMV look, second to XI. Sorry, I know you didn't want to hear that... just take a look for yourselves..GameVideos.com - Final Fantasy Annivesary Montage (http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/9716) I still like thoses FMV, don't get me wrong, but after seeing thoses...

Mine is FFVIII ;). Got a problem with that? Up to you to have a problem with yourself. They kick @$$.
Godsmack Rocks!

Its not about personal beliefs. You can hate FFVII with as much of your being as you can muster, and it still wont matter much.

What it was all about was whether it revolutionized the series or not, and you gotta couple of people in here who refuse to see that. You can hate it all you want, but you have to face the cold hard facts, man.

Nifleheim7
07-10-2007, 02:41 PM

You gotta remember as well that across the Atlantic we'd never played a single FF game, not counting the Seiken Densetsu renames.

QFT!:(

daggertrepe
07-10-2007, 04:04 PM

Wow. I haven't check in a while.

TELL ME then how ten's story was better-what with Tidus being a wuss and the yu-yevon coming into the game at the last minute, all while the ending made absolutely no sense, and it was a bit disappointing.

Stop being so mean to everyone. We never said anything to offend you.

grim07
07-10-2007, 04:15 PM

TELL ME then how ten's story was better-what with Tidus being a wuss and the yu-yevon coming into the game at the last minute, all while the ending made absolutely no sense, and it was a bit disappointing.

Not to mention, Sephirtoth in a crystal WAS explained.

leader of mortals
07-10-2007, 05:11 PM

Not to mention, Sephirtoth in a crystal WAS explained.

1. FF7 was good

2. I agree with the FFX statement

3. I dont remember the explaination, but sephy in the crystal was explained.

Hyperion4444
07-10-2007, 09:26 PM

Well said!

QFT!:(

My friend's got the NA version of FFI... the FFVII was mixed up with FFIV... do anyone of who can get the facts right?

Godsmack Rocks!

Its not about personal beliefs. You can hate FFVII with as much of your being as you can muster, and it still wont matter much.

What it was all about was whether it revolutionized the series or not, and you gotta couple of people in here who refuse to see that. You can hate it all you want, but you have to face the cold hard facts, man.

I really don't get what you're saying?
Are you saying FFVII didn't wans't a revolution?
Or that somewhere in my statement I said FFVII wasn't good?

Next time... READ THE WHOLE GOD DAMN PARAGRAPH BEFORE POSTING SOMETHING YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT!!!
It's really annoying.

Oh:

You can hate it all you want, but you have to face the cold hard facts, man
And you can't deny that Squall/Rinoa/Irvine would kick the @$$ of all FFVII characters 40times before they attack. You got to face tha cold hard facts, man ;).

jammi567
07-10-2007, 09:29 PM
1. FF7 was good

1) Yeah, good, not the best game that has ever been and will be made.

2) What, a character who suddenly arrives in a new world, and who simply wants to get home is a woss? In that case then, Cloud is a woss, because he doesn't even try and get back his true memories until the middle of disk 2, despite his consence telling him things overwise upto that point in the game.

3) If someone can show me where, then i'll take that back.

daggertrepe
07-10-2007, 10:53 PM
1. FF7 was good

1) Yeah, good, not the best game that has ever been and will be made.

2) What, a character who suddenly arrives in a new world, and who simply wants to get home is a woss? In that case then, Cloud is a woss, because he doesn't even try and get back his true memories until the middle of disk 2, despite his consence telling him things overwise upto that point in the game.

3) If someone can show me where, then i'll take that back.

Rather than dying his body and consciousness were preserved in mako inside Jenova's crater.

jammi567
07-10-2007, 10:59 PM
Actual quote anyone...

daggertrepe
07-10-2007, 11:01 PM
Hey, you wanted to know. You're just trying to look all cool to defend your hurtful behavior towards others.

Shlup
07-10-2007, 11:08 PM
This thread has been burninated, and it's all your fault. *points*

If you choose to continue the discussion, please report bad posts before the entire thread turns to pot.