PDA

View Full Version : Cafeteria Lady's son

rubah
07-02-2007, 02:52 AM
The first time you go to the cafeteria, before the fire cavern, right after seifer and fujin and raijin go off to 'arrest' zell, if you talk to the cafeteria lady on the left, she starts going on about her son, how he gave her and her husband trouble, and how he decided he wanted to go off somewhere and adventure. She says she wonders where he is now.

Apparently he's young, around the age of a new SeeD, any ideas on who it could be? or DO WE KNOW?

(it's not that weird dude at FH is it?)

SeeDRankLou
07-02-2007, 07:40 PM
After you destroy that big Galbadian machine, you can go back to that area once you gain control of Squall again, and her son will be there. If you talk to him you can inform him that his mother is worried, the next time you go to the cafeteria he will be working there with his mother.

ragnosica
07-02-2007, 08:51 PM
that is so unimpressive:eep:

rubah
07-02-2007, 11:53 PM
it's pretty impressive that ff8 has a million little details you miss if you don't talk to everyone every chance you get xD

cloud21zidane16
07-04-2007, 02:07 AM
ff8 does have a lot of small scenes like this and you normally get a very small amount of time to trigger them, theres so much that people have never discovered

atlanteay
07-04-2007, 02:16 AM
this means i gotta replay the game again . Are there any other little scenes like this that are easy to miss?

enigma1234
07-04-2007, 02:28 AM
(it's not that weird dude at FH is it?)

Maybe so... maybe not...

rubah
07-04-2007, 05:19 AM
There's always the scene where someone on the white SeeD ship tells you about the Legend of Vascaroon!

atlanteay
07-04-2007, 05:38 AM
i've seen that. never really got its meaning and relevance to the story :p

rubah
07-04-2007, 05:48 AM
See, there's this stuff called magic and there's a whole bunch of people in the game that can't use it. There's a handful that can, and they're called Sorceresses and the Legend of Vascaroon explains that Hyne gave magic to certain humans, and thats how sorceresses were created.

the stuff that you junction isn't magic. It's a cheap substitute made possible by the GFs and kind Dr. Odine :]

atlanteay
07-04-2007, 06:22 AM
so that's kind of like the espers from FF6? :confused:

that made some sense. This game has so many secrets :p

Kanshisha
07-04-2007, 02:19 PM
that's what i love about it..

Tallulah
07-04-2007, 09:18 PM
I thought it was a guy you meet if you go hunting round Dollet (after the SeeD mission, at any point after you have the Garden mobile), who talks about leaving home, and getting stuck and unable to get home, and that he can't swim.

If I remember correctly, it's been ages since I played it. :rolleyes2

ReloadPsi
07-06-2007, 12:26 AM
I believe it IS the dude in FH. As everyone's said already, the extra crap you gotta seek out yourself in this game is astounding, though I wish it were possible to find more clues on the lineages of Quistis, Zell, Irvine and Selphie: It would be really funny if the latter two turned out to be related :)

Rocket Edge
07-06-2007, 12:28 AM
it's pretty impressive that ff8 has a million little details you miss if you don't talk to everyone every chance you get xD
Exactly. I'll remember to do that next time I play it.