PDA

View Full Version : Go play you're gaystation n00b

demondude
07-02-2007, 09:20 PM
Which of the new consoles is you're least favourite
(by new i mean ps3 wii xbox360 nintendo ds and psp)

Rostum
07-03-2007, 12:50 AM
This thread leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I Am Stoner
07-03-2007, 01:03 AM
My least favorute is probably the ds. Its hard to do and most of the games on there suck ass.

Fatal Impurity
07-03-2007, 01:13 AM
I second that...after that though i'd go for the PS3 afterall at least the DS TRIED to be innovative even if it failed miserably.

Ramza Beoulve
07-03-2007, 01:15 AM
Does this ridiculous fight will end any time soon?

NeoCracker
07-03-2007, 01:21 AM
DS and Wii win and innovative.

Right now its easily the Wii from what I see. Though it is possible with Titles like Wild Arms V and Tekkan 6 that will all change.

I Am Stoner
07-03-2007, 01:23 AM
at least the DS TRIED to be innovative even if it failed miserably.

Yea man, fair play, I see what you mean.

Fonzie
07-03-2007, 01:26 AM
Didn't you make a thread like this a couple days ago?

Rostum
07-03-2007, 01:28 AM
Since when did the DS fail? As far as I see, it's been the most successful.

Fatal Impurity
07-03-2007, 01:33 AM
I said fail at being innovative not fail in sales...and when i say fail in innovation i mean there has been no "real" game that uses the touch screen for anything more than a mindless gimmick.

P.S. Phantom Hourglass may be the first game to actually use the touch screen properly

Ryth
07-03-2007, 01:35 AM
Playstation 3 and PSP.

atlanteay
07-03-2007, 01:59 AM
Playstation 3 and PSP.

sony person!

i only have the Wii and the DS. I don't have any of the others. Since these two are both awesome, then I must say one of the sony consoles is my least fav. ...wild card here: PSP

KentaRawr!
07-03-2007, 04:31 AM
My least favorite? Hard to say, really. I guess I'd have to be tied between the X-Box 360 and PS3, as I have neither of those, but all the other choices I do.

Also, Kirby: Canvas Curse, Metroid Prime: Hunters and Star Fox Command do seem to use the stylus quite nicely. While each has their own problems as games, they at least do demonstrate how the DS can be used for certain types of games. I'd recommend trying them out.

XxSephirothxX
07-03-2007, 04:34 AM
The PSP, simply because there are very few games for it that are interesting. I'd have every console this generation if money wasn't an object, but at this point Sony's stuff just doesn't have enough must-haves to justify the price in comparison to the 360, Wii, and DS.

Slothy
07-03-2007, 11:43 AM
I'll say Wii right now. So far it's little more than casual games in which the controller amounts to little more than a gimmick if you ask me. I've yet to see anything truly creative or innovative with that controller. If they want to impress me, then they should start making games that are actually drastically improved by using that controller or are impossible to play without it. So far the only games that don't fall under the casual umbrella in my eyes are both Gamecube ports, one of which is over two years old, and the future isn't looking a whole lot brighter either if you ask me.

Brennan
07-03-2007, 10:42 PM
I'd say the DS is the worst one.

Peegee
07-03-2007, 10:43 PM
I hear good things about the Wii. However I only have a ps2 at home (bought it shortly after ps3 came out). I like the ps2.

Slicksword45
07-03-2007, 10:45 PM
I don't like the DS :D

Sue me :D

Khaotic
07-03-2007, 11:28 PM
Nice... another thread about this pointless debate... and then theres a thrown in "gay" as if it's supposed to be offensive. Oh well, hopefully the CK's make the right decision.

Jessweeee♪
07-04-2007, 08:32 AM
Probably the Xbox 360...I don't like the games. Don't get me wrong, most of the games and the console are very nice, they just aren't my type :P

Everyone's gonna have their opinions I guess n.n

Lachrymosa
07-04-2007, 12:30 PM
I have a love/hate relationship with all three next-gen consoles. So, if I had to pick a least favorite, I'd say the DS and the PSP. Just because I can't get into handhelds. Which is terrible, because there's some great games for them.

Madame Adequate
07-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Least fave? PSP. It has almost nothing I want. Least fave of real consoles? Can't say, as I've played neither a PS3 or a Wii. The 360 is class though, so I think it highly unlikely that that one is gonna end up my least fave (Against expectation, and without my noticing, the original X-Box actually ended up being my fave console last gen.)

Zante
07-04-2007, 12:41 PM
The Wii is the one I am least likely to ever get from those. I don't like the weird controller, and most games for the Wii seem to be kid games or some silly gimmicks like Wii sports.

Sword
07-04-2007, 12:58 PM
Probably the Wii. I don't really care about the "innovation". I don't want the future of gaming to CHANGE gaming. Standard normal gameplay will do thanks. With the Wii they've aslo really restricted themselves in terms of what games will actually be good. It only suits Wii sports. Everything else is just meh.

I don't think you should take price or what games the console has into account because that will change with future releases. What it should be about is what the console is capable of, how comfortable is the controller and what type of playing style they offer etc. The PS3 is the best. It's just ultra powerful and I'm slightly biased towards it lol. I will say this about the Nintendo ones though: Mario has been milked far to much and I wouldn't want a console where I have to see him ALL the time in every game.

Rengori
07-05-2007, 03:43 AM
I've only had a DS and a PSP, and lately I wish I still had the latter.

Proxy
07-05-2007, 05:44 AM
Since when did the DS fail? As far as I see, it's been the most successful.

As far as handhelds go, yes it has been, but overall the Wii has been most successful (I think mainly due to the innovation of it).
I don't like the 360, but I will admit that the graphics are insane. And it does have some fun games, but I'd never bring myself around to buying one.
The PS3 is miserable. Price and games. The only thing going for it, is that it's sort of a media center. Blu-Ray is stupid. The games are BRUTAL. The only good title I've seen thus far, is the Transformers game.
I'll buy one when there are games out that are worth buying it for. ie) MGS4 and what-have-you.
PSP is going to be in my hot little hands shortly, whenever Lion War is released in North America, other than that, I wouldn't buy it.

Jessweeee♪
07-05-2007, 06:27 AM
yeah...PS3 isn't looking good so far, but I think in a couple of years we'll have seen it's greatest games and maybe it'll finally be worth it

Hambone
07-05-2007, 06:44 AM
The PSP, simply because there are very few games for it that are interesting. I'd have every console this generation if money wasn't an object, but at this point Sony's stuff just doesn't have enough must-haves to justify the price in comparison to the 360, Wii, and DS.

I second this. The only game that I own for PSP is the Final Fantasy remake.