Spammerman
07-03-2007, 05:34 AM
Depends. Can we give Cloud steroids?

Momiji
07-03-2007, 05:36 AM
Neither, because they both suck.

Psychotic
07-03-2007, 05:36 AM
Brock Lesnar? what the hell :laugh: I always liked how his finisher was the F5. Press F5 on your keyboard, folks. Ta-da! Brock just finished you!

Lesnar is one of the biggest failures of all time, so Cloud. By a mile.

Namelessfengir
07-03-2007, 05:40 AM
do we care?
i mean are we caring about this?

Momiji
07-03-2007, 05:43 AM
do we care?
i mean are we caring about this?

I think FL is the only one who actually cares. Seeing that wrestling is so fake, and so is a Final Fantasy game, neither truly exist outside their fantasy worlds. Therefore, neither wins.

Forsaken Lover
07-03-2007, 05:46 AM
Lesnar is one of the biggest failures of all time

You're kidding right? Not only did he dominate amateur wrestling, finishing with a record of 106-5 and being a 4 time All-American adn NCAA Heavyweight Champ, he went on to amass a list of accomplishments in pro-wrestling in the span of a year that most wrestlers will never have in their lifetime. He was a near 300 pounder who could pull off a flip from the top rope and tossed around Big Show who is at the 500 pound mark.

He entered Mix Martial Arts to win his FIRST match in around 2 minutes by pummeling the guy into submission.

He is a massively talented blend of strength, speed and skill.

He's just a dickhead in terms of personality.

I think FL is the only one who actually cares. Seeing that wrestling is so fake, and so is a Final Fantasy game, neither truly exist outside their fantasy worlds. Therefore, neither win

Okay then. Let me throw you off a 20-foot ladder. That's something wrestlers do a lot these days. Let's see how you fare against the "fake" stuff wrestlers do.

Momiji
07-03-2007, 05:53 AM
I think FL is the only one who actually cares. Seeing that wrestling is so fake, and so is a Final Fantasy game, neither truly exist outside their fantasy worlds. Therefore, neither win

Okay then. Let me throw you off a 20-foot ladder. That's something wrestlers do a lot these days. Let's see how you fare against the "fake" stuff wrestlers do.

You act like all of that is completely unplanned. You do understand that "professional" wrestling is all staged, right? The wrestler already knows that he's going to be thrown, and therefore is trained to land safely. Haven't you noticed a lack of serious injury? Seriously, if someone was thrown from a 20 foot ladder and landed the wrong way, there could easily be broken bones or even worse.

Forsaken Lover
07-03-2007, 06:01 AM
You act like all of that is completely unplanned. You do understand that "professional" wrestling is all staged, right?

Yes. And this means it’s easier how, exactly?

The wrestler already knows that he's going to be thrown, and therefore is trained to land safely

It must feel like landing on a bed of pillows then.

Haven't you noticed a lack of serious injury?

People get injuired quite often. No deaths thankfully but accidents are not exactly infrequent.

Seriously, if someone was thrown from a 20 foot ladder and landed the wrong way, there could easily be broken bones or even worse.

That’s pretty much the idea.

Goldenboko
07-03-2007, 06:08 AM
FL Wrestling is planned. Very. Face it. I'm not saying they aren't athletes, they are fit, and athletic.
BUT! When it really comes down to it, wrestling is planned. The chairs don't hit each other the way the look like they do, assuming you aren't blind you can tell they don't actually punch each other, and they use blood packs.

So Cloud>Brock.

Spammerman
07-03-2007, 06:13 AM
FL Wrestling is planned. Very. Face it. I'm not saying they aren't athletes, they are fit, and athletic.
BUT! When it really comes down to it, wrestling is planned. The chairs don't hit each other the way the look like they do, assuming you aren't blind you can tell they don't actually punch each other, and they use blood packs.

So Cloud>Brock.

And clou is an pixelated character. Whats your point?

And for the whole thing about no serious injury, your all obviously forgetting Owen Hart. Yes, wrestling is planned, but people can and do get hurt. There are accidnets.
'

Forsaken Lover
07-03-2007, 06:15 AM
Um...they do not use bloodpacks.

They use a technique called blading. A wrestler conceals a razor in their trunks or a ref hands them one and they cut themselves, causing the blood. The blood is very real.

Sometimes blading goes very wrong. The now deceased wrestler named Eddie Guererro once overdid it and his blood was covering the entire ring. He was out for several weeks afterward.

Goldenboko
07-03-2007, 06:17 AM
Um...they do not use bloodpacks.

They use a technique called blading. A wrestler conceals a razor in their trunks or a ref hands them one and they cut themselves, causing the blood. The blood is very real.

Sometimes blading goes very wrong. The now deceased wrestler named Eddie Guererro once overdid it and his blood was covering the entire ring. He was out for several weeks afterward.

Meh, musta just been the crappy wrestling I used to watch.

What matters is, they're actors.

Spammerman, this is assuming somehow Cloud unpixilized himself and fought with him.

Forsaken Lover
07-03-2007, 06:19 AM
Maybe Brock just pixelated himself.

He did have a videogame made for him, afterall. And he was in it. Here Comes The Pain for PS2.

Also, The Sandman legitly busts himself open before every match. he's been doing it for around a decade now. There's zero way you could fake how he opens himself up with the beer can. No room for bloodpacks or blading.

Goldenboko
07-03-2007, 06:22 AM
Lemme make my argument easier.

Let's pretend Wrestling is real.
Let's pretend Cloud was real.

Let's pretend their going to fight.

Cloud can use magic, split himself up some how to use AC's Omnislash. Cloud could easily take how Lesner before he got near him.

Spammerman
07-03-2007, 06:31 AM
thats completely unfair. Theyre two diff worlds with 2 diff types of people and rules.

Goldenboko
07-03-2007, 06:32 AM
Exactly. This is an absolute mismatch, Cloud wins, argument over.

Spammerman
07-03-2007, 06:35 AM
Threads with an obvious winner bear no fun or reason. THis needs to bemore than closed, it needs to be deleted/

Forsaken Lover
07-03-2007, 06:50 AM
I never saw Cloud lift anyone who's 500 pounds.

Lesnar wins.

Rostum
07-03-2007, 09:10 AM
I prefer FF7 to wrestling games. So Cloud wins.

Markus. D
07-03-2007, 09:49 AM
if we go system-ishly.

Cloud :(...

Materia is a very broken thing when it wants to be.

Momiji
07-04-2007, 05:25 AM
I never saw Cloud lift anyone who's 500 pounds.

Lesnar wins.

Apparently you never saw Cloud hold onto the edge of a cliff with one hand and hold Tifa with the other, pull himself up with one hand, and then pull Tifa up flawlessly. Besides, Cloud can use magic, limit breaks, and sword techniques. Your pathetic wrest--I mean actor can inject steroids.

And even further still, this 'blading' you speak of further extends the fact that wrestling is fake.

Cloud is fake.
Professional Wrestling is fake.

If both were real, Cloud would win, hands down. You have to remember that he defeated all forms of Sephiroth, not to mention plenty of monsters, that weigh far more than 500 pounds.

End of discussion.

Forsaken Lover
07-04-2007, 07:24 AM
Where are the weights of the monsters listed?
And di Cloud lift them?

And how much does Tifa weigh?

As for wrestling being fake, Brock Lesnar is a very real and powerful person. He's getting now into Mixed Martial Arts and pretty much every name in the sport is expecting him to go far.

And not to forget he's a Division I NCAA Heavyweight Champ.

Lesnar is anything but fake in his power and ability.

Rase
07-04-2007, 09:50 AM
I find it odd how there is a debate over the legitimacy of professional wrestling. Regardless of it's authenticity, Brock Lesnar is obviously a very strong and physically fit individual.

The main question here is whether this is a fight with both at their peak power, or one where the playing field is leveled (i.e. no materia, no weapons, just physical strength).

James Leopold
07-04-2007, 10:52 AM
This is incredibly sad

Cledarius
07-04-2007, 12:34 PM
Well i think Cloud would win this fight.

But let me say something:

Wrestling is not entirely fake. The shows you see on tv are fake. Thats for the amusement. Brock Lesnar is one of those show-wrestlers.

But you guys know that "Real-Wrestling" exists? Wrestling where people really hurt each other, each punch and each kick is real. The wrestlers that are doing this really get hurt and in the worst case, leave the ring with broken bones.
There are wrestlers much tougher than any show-wrestler. The problem is, nobody knows them, because real wrestling isn't popular.

Forsaken Lover
07-04-2007, 06:25 PM
Brock Lesnar is a show wrestler?

4 time All-American? Division 1 NCAA Heavyweight Champion? Went a 106-5 in his college wrestling career?

He also just entered into the world of Mixed Martial Arts to win his debut in under 2 minutes and numerous high profile names in the sport say Brock has excellent potential in the field.

And I'm sorry but Brock can legitimately run with 500 pounds on his shoulder.

Show me the "real" wrestlers who have the power and speed Lesnar does.

Thats for the amusement.

If you seriously think pro-wrestling is amusing, you must be talking about the fans. Because the people who do it don't fnd it funny. Every match they have there is th epossibility they could die. One botched move and your career and life could be over.

Lesnar is a show wrestler...Pro-wrestling is amusing..do you know anything?

The main question here is whether this is a fight with both at their peak power, or one where the playing field is leveled (i.e. no materia, no weapons, just physical strength).

The latter stips you mentioned. No materia or weapons. Kinda unfair to have a guy with a sword fight someone without one.

Goldenboko
07-04-2007, 06:31 PM
I find it odd how there is a debate over the legitimacy of professional wrestling. Regardless of it's authenticity, Brock Lesnar is obviously a very strong and physically fit individual.

Thats just dumb. That like say, Cloud is obviously too strong for him, so we'll take away everything that makes him strong so he might lose.

Lesner fights without weapons.
Cloud fights with a sword and magic.

Cloud would just have to slash him or zap him.

Forsaken Lover
07-04-2007, 06:54 PM
The materia Cloud has is based on gameplay. I could make it so he has none at all.

Goldenboko
07-04-2007, 06:56 PM
Seeing as he was with Shinra and they give their soldiers Materia it is implied he uses it and knows how to.

At the same time. Cloud could easily cut him in half.

Rase
07-04-2007, 07:05 PM

Thats just dumb. That like say, Cloud is obviously too strong for him, so we'll take away everything that makes him strong so he might lose.

I think having a mismatch this unbalanced is dumb. Having a sword has nothing to do with strength. I bet if you gave some average Joe a long sword and pit him against a man who has trained years to be strong Joe would have a pretty good chance of winning. Same goes for materia, only to a greater extent. Assuming this fight is not supposed to be an execution I don't see a problem in leveling the playing field a bit. That, plus the fact that it's a fake fight on an internet message board, so it should at least be somewhat interesting to think about.

boys from the dwarf
07-04-2007, 07:18 PM

4 time All-American? Division 1 NCAA Heavyweight Champion? Went a 106-5 in his college wrestling career?

He also just entered into the world of Mixed Martial Arts to win his debut in under 2 minutes and numerous high profile names in the sport say Brock has excellent potential in the field.

Thats for the amusement.

If you seriously think pro-wrestling is amusing, you must be talking about the fans. Because the people who do it don't fnd it funny. Every match they have there is th epossibility they could die. One botched move and your career and life could be over.

The latter stips you mentioned. No materia or weapons. Kinda unfair to have a guy with a sword fight someone without one.

Hey. would you just stop disagreeing with anyone who says cloud is the best. this is supposed to be a two sided debate not just one person constantly repeating the same thing.

one person posts and says cloud would win.

you disagree.

a completely different person says cloud would win.

you disagree again.

more people saying cloud would win.

you disagree.

we get the point that you think brock lesnar would win somehow (although that is a pretty deadly sword and cloud can fight like no real person on this planet ever could.)

do you need to repeat your opinions and justify them over and over?

it was a stupid idea anyway.

Cledarius
07-04-2007, 07:44 PM

Ok let me correct myself. he is both. Show and serious wrestler. Sorry for beeing not so precise.

Thats for the amusement.

Hell yeah i was talking about the fans. what else? Hey I'm not stupid but thanks for thinking I am. I know the business is hard and wrestlers died. Uuuh one botched move and they die. Uh huh very impressing. Look at a taxi driver, one false move there and you and other people die. Know what i mean?

atlanteay
07-04-2007, 07:50 PM
why are there so many "NAME" vs Cloud threads lately?!

cloud wins.

Northcrest
07-04-2007, 09:10 PM
My name kind of says it all.

Goldenboko
07-05-2007, 02:54 AM

I think having a mismatch this unbalanced is dumb. Having a sword has nothing to do with strength. I bet if you gave some average Joe a long sword and pit him against a man who has trained years to be strong Joe would have a pretty good chance of winning. Same goes for materia, only to a greater extent. Assuming this fight is not supposed to be an execution I don't see a problem in leveling the playing field a bit. That, plus the fact that it's a fake fight on an internet message board, so it should at least be somewhat interesting to think about.

The question wasn't who has more strength. It was Cloud VS. Brock. Cloud would use his sword like he always does, Brock wouldn't Brock would die.

Fatal Impurity
07-05-2007, 03:33 AM
Even if cloud lost his materia, limit breaks AND sword he would still win...

Afterall just look at the speed he moves in AC not to mention that he has Jenova cells inside him. He also lifts a sword that is probably bigger and heavier than Lesnar with one hand and with ease...so there is no doubt about Cloud's strength.

As for skill he takes on three equally suped up soldiers at the same time without getting so much as a scratch...game over Brock.

Proxy
07-05-2007, 05:55 AM
maybe it's my lack of TV watching over the past like 4 years, or maybe it's my biased opinion that FFVII rules total ass.
Cloud by a long shot.

Namelessfengir
07-05-2007, 06:03 AM
okay im bored with this... show of hands for those who actually care

Rase
07-06-2007, 06:23 AM
The question wasn't who has more strength. It was Cloud VS. Brock. Cloud would use his sword like he always does, Brock wouldn't Brock would die.
Not according to the thread creator.

The main question here is whether this is a fight with both at their peak power, or one where the playing field is leveled (i.e. no materia, no weapons, just physical strength).The latter stips you mentioned. No materia or weapons. Kinda unfair to have a guy with a sword fight someone without one.
Regardless of whether or not it's fair, that's the way this so called fight is supposed to happen. Agree or disagree with the way he decided to make the fight, it matters not.

Personally, I still think that Cloud would win, mainly for the reasons stated by Fatal Impurity three posts back. However, since pretty much no one except Forsaken Lover was taking Brock's side, I figured it'd be fun to argue against the crowd. As far as I'm concerned I was right.

okay im bored with this... show of hands for those who actually care
Alright guys, pack it up. Namelessfengir is bored with this thread, and obviously it's too hard for him to simply ignore it.

Spammerman
07-08-2007, 02:21 AM
cloud can fight like no real person on this planet ever could

LIE. WE ALL KNOW who the REAL winner is.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/bloodhunter11/janitor.jpg

ReloadPsi
07-08-2007, 02:42 AM
Why is this thread still open?

Spammerman
07-08-2007, 03:13 AM

Havent asked a mod to close it due to my overwhelming knowledge of who the true winner is. Bruce Lee.

Khaotic
07-08-2007, 06:38 AM
Lol @ all the Wrestling is fake.

It's scripted. Not fake. Get it right.

Eiko Guy
07-08-2007, 09:27 AM
CLoud would sadly pwn Lesnar. Horribly. Without materia and without a sword he still is strong enough physically to break lesnar in half. Honestly lesnar can fight one guy and win but against hree guys shooting and slicing and jumping around he would lose. Cloud would win.

It's a very entertaining idea to picture everyone's golden boy whooping some ass. Especially if he did it one handed.

Ouch!
07-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Upon seeing the thread title, I was prepared to ask "Who the fuck is Brock Lesnar?" but FL's description (repeated almost word-for-word at least three times) has settled that confusion.

I don't care if it's scripted or fake, professional wrestling is just as retarded as reality TV.

Cloud would own this Brock fellow.

That made me giggle with glee. How much do you think Tremor Bahamut weighs? Whether or not he lifted the thing is irrelevant.

ReloadPsi
07-08-2007, 01:01 PM

Havent asked a mod to close it due to my overwhelming knowledge of who the true winner is. Bruce Lee.

Besides the obvious, I mean.

Hazzard
07-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Isn't it obvious...? Brock would kill this Cloud dude with a simple F5, and I'm pissed knowing he ain't back in wrestling yet. We need him back or else!

Khaotic
07-08-2007, 07:58 PM
Upon seeing the thread title, I was prepared to ask "Who the smurf is Brock Lesnar?" but FL's description (repeated almost word-for-word at least three times) has settled that confusion.

I don't care if it's scripted or fake, professional wrestling is just as retarded as reality TV.

That made me giggle with glee. How much do you think Tremor Bahamut weighs? Whether or not he lifted the thing is irrelevant.

Darn, you got me. A multi-billion company is retarded. You're just one person who's opinion doesn't really matter, I could simply say your signature is retarded since it's an overused kirby face, but do you care? Of course not, same way I don't care about you thinking wrestling is retarded.

Goldenboko
07-08-2007, 08:29 PM
Oh and for those who don't really think Cloud has endurance and he's just a guy who can use materia and a Sword. Don't forget in AC, Cloud withstood a shot to a face and just got a scratch, let's see Lesner do that.

Hazzard
07-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Oh and for those who don't really think Cloud has endurance and he's just a guy who can use materia and a Sword. Don't forget in AC, Cloud withstood a shot to a face and just got a scratch, let's see Lesner do that.

Gosh, Square really love the hell out of Cloud...so bias, can't he just get seriously injured when something that severe happens?

Goldenboko
07-08-2007, 08:41 PM

Gosh, Square really love the hell out of Cloud...so bias, can't he just get seriously injured when something that severe happens?

That has nothing to do with the fact it definitely is endurance that Lesnar can't match.

Ouch!
07-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Upon seeing the thread title, I was prepared to ask "Who the smurf is Brock Lesnar?" but FL's description (repeated almost word-for-word at least three times) has settled that confusion.

Darn, you got me. A multi-billion company is retarded. You're just one person who's opinion doesn't really matter, I could simply say your signature is retarded since it's an overused kirby face, but do you care? Of course not, same way I don't care about you thinking wrestling is retarded.
Whoever said I was concerned if other people agreed with me or not? I never said that my opinion mattered in the grand scheme of things. I'm not arrogant enough to think that. Is it a crime, though, to express such opinions, or do I need to explicitly identify statements as opinions so that I won't get attacked? I never realized it was necessary to begin every statement with "I think," or "In my opinion," or anything else of the sort. I thought that in debates, such a thing was generally understood. I'll do it for your benefit if that's necessary, though.

I personally don't think that whether or not a product is successful determines whether or not is a piece of crap. It is my opinion that crap sells. I believe that almost anything can be advertised. I think it takes good minds to put together the marketing to sell such things. I think that professional wrestling, as well as reality TV, are such things. I also have respect for the companies that are able to make profits off of them, and I respect the people who fuel those profits. I believe that everyone has the right to like whatever they damn well please. I don't intend to criticize anyone for such beliefs. I do not believe that I targeted the people who enjoy professional wrestling in my previous statement. I believe I have the right to state my opinion just as much as the next guy without being criticized as though I've made a personal attack on a person's preferences. As far as I recognize, the only criticism in my post was related to the weight of a freaking dragon which in response to a statement that amused me and has very little to do with attacking professional wrestling because I don't honestly expect anyone to be able to fly up into the air and run a giant sword down its spine.

I'd very much enjoy being able to state an opinion (whether or not you agree with it is irrelevant, as far as I'm concerned) without being verbally assaulted. If you don't care that I dislike professional wrestling, why did you even bother responding to my statement? I don't care whether or not you agree with me, I do care that you felt it necessary to attack me.

Khaotic
07-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Hmm.. I said it was scripted, you said you don't care if it's scripted or fake, therefore you replied to me, not the other way around. Quit trying to force your opinion on me, yes I get it, you don't like wrestling, good for you.

You can quit the innocent act, as well. I didn't "verbally harass" anyone, I simply stated my opinion on your signature, which I'm entitled to do whenever I want to. Verbally harassing you would be calling you names, or literally harassing you.

As for the whole middle paragraph, I didn't even bother reading all of it, because I honestly don't care what your opinion of wrestling is, you don't like it, that's all I need to know.

Brennan
07-08-2007, 10:13 PM
Cloud I mean its Square-Enix Cloud is gonna win.
Need a reason? Cloud killed Seph, who is stronger than Brock.

Eiko Guy
07-08-2007, 10:37 PM
Khaotic and Ouch need to get laid.

Anywho wrestling done by brock lesnar is mostly fake. CLoud can defy the laws of physics. He can cleave brock in two. yes he gets his sword it's a part of him.