PDA

View Full Version : Odin Sphere

Necronopticous
07-03-2007, 03:10 PM
Game of the year, anyone else playing? What book are you on?

I want Princess Crown.

Markus. D
07-03-2007, 03:21 PM
I like it!

^^~

The only element I dislike is the item management.

Flying Mullet
07-03-2007, 03:25 PM
The reviews said that it's interesting and a fun game. I want to check it out.

Karellen
07-03-2007, 03:27 PM
It kind of looked like a Tales game to me with better graphics but worse gameplay. Not being too great a fan of action RPGs to begin with, I think I'll give it a miss for now.

Dragonsoul
07-03-2007, 08:26 PM
This I haven't played but I know of it. It seems good I saw gameplay footage, slight chance I could buy it if I'm not busy with other rpg's this summer and it is also good.

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-03-2007, 08:56 PM
I've been interested. Since Necro recommended it, I'll probably have to go get it after a few paychecks.

Zeromus_X
07-03-2007, 11:31 PM
I really want to play it sometime since it looks like Valkyrie Profile but with a much wider selection of main protaganists.

Madame Adequate
07-03-2007, 11:45 PM
I want to get a hold of it, but it's not at the top of my list so my summertime poverty means I'm unlikely to be playing it until sometime around October. :(

Raven Nox
07-04-2007, 03:53 AM
I got it the day it came out and finished it pretty quickly. I loved it, it's one of my favorites already. It really deserves more love than it's getting. My favorite character was Oswald, but Velvet's book had the most interesting story.

And they really need to translate Princess Crown, but I doubt they will. Oh well, at least we got this and GrimGrimoire. That was a fun little game as well. Vanillaware really should make more games.

Lachrymosa
07-04-2007, 12:32 PM
I have it but haven't gotten very far yet, mostly due to playing RE4 on the Wii and having video game ADD. I quite like the bit I've played, though. The art style is gorgeous.

Maxico
07-04-2007, 01:42 PM
Well Princess Crown WAS ported to the PSP, which means it's region free, and there are a couple of translations floating the internet.

You could probably import it if you don't mind playing with a PC window open.

Necronopticous
07-04-2007, 06:02 PM
I'm on Fairy Land now.

Why do the sorcerers have to be so annoying?

Why does Mercedes have to be so adorable?

boys from the dwarf
07-05-2007, 08:09 PM
Odin sphere is one of the few games that has really caught my eye lately and i think i'll like it.

i cant find it on amazon and i have no idea when the u.k release is.

the graphics are some of the best i've seen in a game. not really the best but extremely effective and brimming with originality and coolness.

and for anyone who does own it. how much time will i probably end up playing it? I know there are 5 players each with their own story so how much on average does the game play for a single story take?

EDIT: wait a second. damn! is it being released in the UK? it was released a while ago for japan and north america.

Necronopticous
07-05-2007, 08:27 PM
There are five characters but seven books, each one is taking me about 10-11 hours with a bit of backtracking for exp, G, and items. I am only 25 hours in, so I can't say how long the game is, but if it keeps up at this pace should be 60+ at least.

JKTrix
07-05-2007, 08:36 PM
I've had it for a while, but I'm still on the first book. I intend to play it more. I do enjoy it quite a bit when I play, but when I run out of space for items it gets a little annoying. Haven't quite got the hang of the Alchemy thing yet.

Necronopticous
07-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Eventually you'll have 6 large bags which is more than enough space. Getting the hang of alchemy and gardening is pretty much the key to the game, you'll spend much more time doing that than actually battling enemies. It pretty much becomes your main source of leveling, and it's fun to boot. The idea is to always be building up your materials to 9 or 10 so you can mix 90s for the 30 phozons per potion mixed.

Some simple tips:

Mulberry seeds are plentiful and take only 5 phozons to grow, the resulting two mulberries can take a 0 material to a 10 material.

A good way to get your 9 is to use one mulberry for 5 and then a bone from an eaten chicken or lamb chop for 8, and finally a napple core or grape stem for the remaining tier.

Marshall Banana
07-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Consomme soup, please!

Necronopticous
07-05-2007, 10:16 PM
I get admittedly a little overexcited whenever that pooka brings me a new helping of consomme soup.

Dragonsoul
07-05-2007, 11:53 PM
I should rent this game!

Necronopticous
07-06-2007, 01:19 AM
You should buy this game!

Raven Nox
07-06-2007, 06:09 AM
and for anyone who does own it. how much time will i probably end up playing it? I know there are 5 players each with their own story so how much on average does the game play for a single story take?

EDIT: wait a second. damn! is it being released in the UK? it was released a while ago for japan and north america.

It should take 40-50 hours on average. The first five books themselves can take anywhere from 5-10 hours each, but the 6th book shouldn't take more than an hour because it's all bosses and cutscenes. And the 7th book is only cutscenes. It took me about 42 hours total, inculding preparing for the 6th book.

And for if it's coming to the UK, nothing has been said. But from the looks of it, you'll probably have to import if you want to play it.

And yes, buy it! It's an awesome game. It's one that I think everyone should at least try once.

Dragonsoul
07-09-2007, 09:56 PM
You should buy this game!

Dang, too many good rpg's coming out this fall, as usual.

Anyways, it's possible I could get this anyway. I'm definetely buying two new Nintendo DS rpg's this fall: The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings. I wanted to buy Xbox 360 and get Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, and Mass Effect(Jan 2008) but five rpg's is a lot this fall for me and Xbox 360 costs $300, I could end up just playing some PS 2 rpg like Odin Sphere.

Also, I'm toying with an idea of playing all of the Zelda games. I could emulate most of them. I'm real excited about The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass coming out on October 1st.

Deborah
07-10-2007, 09:59 AM
This game looks so beautiful and fun although I'm afraid with how bad of a gamer I am I would never make it though the game...awww... maybe one day soon if I have the courage to attempt playing, I'll get it.

Tasura
07-11-2007, 07:02 AM
The first time I saw this thread I didn't bother reading it, but WZ mentioned on IRC that it looked to be good, so upon seeing this thread again I decided to read it, and upon reading it, I will rent this game at my earliest convenience, then possibly buy it when I have more money.

Ultima Shadow
07-11-2007, 01:29 PM
I just ordered it (since it hasn't been released in europe yet). I can hardly wait for my copy to arrive. This game seems to be so awsome. :cool: