PDA

View Full Version : Freya! =[

BlackMage2007
07-03-2007, 04:07 PM
I Really Would Like To Use Her
But She Just Seems To Be Doing Less Damage Then Everyone Else!
But She Has The Highest Level Witch Is Strange Why She Isnt Doing Much Damage!

Ive Just Lost Her And My Best Charictar At This Preicise Moment!

Im Sure You Know What Part
Ive Just Got That Eiko!
Thats Ok
But I Want Stenier And Freya Back:cry:
And For Her To DO Some Damage She Looks So Cool!:D

No.78
07-03-2007, 04:12 PM
I Don't What Know You Say

daggertrepe
07-03-2007, 04:34 PM
She will later, trust me. Get her a good weapon and some nice armor, you'll have a hoot in Oelivert!

She isn't the strongest attacker, but jump does more damage than anything.

Xurts
07-03-2007, 05:53 PM
You'll get her and Steiner back soon. Her physical attacks and Jump aren't that strong, but her real strength lies in her Dragon skills. Once you learn Dragon Crest and max it, it'll do 9999 damage.

Vivisteiner
07-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Jump is your friend.

Its defensive and offensive. But Freya isnt usually in my top 4.

Little Blue
07-03-2007, 08:59 PM
Go and kill a load of dragons and teach her Dragon's Crest. She'll be doing 9999 whilst the others are still fantasising about it.

Steiner however... I find he's good for taking hits and that's about it...

Garnie
07-03-2007, 09:24 PM
I HATE FREYA!!
she can be a waste of time but shes usefull in olievert!
<3

daggertrepe
07-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Steiner pwns Freya with Shock

Vivisteiner
07-03-2007, 09:57 PM
I could never be bothered to build up Dragon Quest.

Shock is awesome from Steiner.

Xurts
07-03-2007, 11:29 PM
Steiner pwns Freya with Shock
Shock will do the same amount of damage as Dragon's Crest if it's maxed (which is easy). Plus Freya has better skills than Steiner.

Garnie, how is Freya a waste of time? She has the easiest attack to max (other than Shock), can cast Regen on the entire party with 1 turn, and can restore everyone's MP. At the end of the game she is a great character. Zidane is the one who's a waste of time. His only damaging skill is Thievery, which is an absolute joke compared to Dragon's Crest and Shock.

cloud21zidane16
07-04-2007, 02:12 AM
Freya is also useful because if you take the time you can get her ultimate weapon or if not that then another very powerful weapon very early on.

BlackMage2007
07-04-2007, 10:49 AM
Thanks For The Replies Just Got Onto Disc 3 Now!

So Ill Be Getting Her Back Anytime Soon!

TheSpoonyBard
07-04-2007, 01:11 PM
Why is everyone ranting and raving about how great Shock is? If Steiner is in Mini, the enemy has Protect, Steiner doesn't normally deal 3,000+ damage, or he has a weapon of an element the enemy absorbs/reduces, Shock won't be dealing max damage.

Freya's Dragon's Crest, once maxed (which doesn't take long at all), will deal 9,999 no matter what, and costs 30 MP less.

Freya can heal (Reis's Wind, although it's made redundant by Auto-Regen), restore MP (White Draw), has a fixed damage attack (Dragon's Cres), can deal fixed damage to all enemies (Dragon Breath). Her stats are pretty decent, too. Along with Quina and Amarant, she's a great versatile character.

Vivisteiner
07-04-2007, 01:42 PM
Blasphemy! I will not stand for it!

Steiner is best. End of.

I dont care how many logical arguments you put forward, I believe that Steiner is best. Ergo, he is.

Xurts
07-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Freya can heal (Reis's Wind, although it's made redundant by Auto-Regen), restore MP (White Draw), has a fixed damage attack (Dragon's Cres), can deal fixed damage to all enemies (Dragon Breath). Her stats are pretty decent, too. Along with Quina and Amarant, she's a great versatile character.
Dragon's Breath is fixed? It always varied when I used it, plus it costs 78 MP. crap skill.

Shotgunnova
07-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Get a Mountain Choco before going to Desert Palace and you can get her ultimate weapon before Oeilvert. You'll see some real helpful damage dealing then.

Hambone
07-04-2007, 10:38 PM
I switched Steiner for Freya in my main party because her attack is decent, she's AWESOME, and you can get a cheap 9999 attack using only 16 mp for Dragon Crest.

Deusa
07-05-2007, 02:46 AM
I'm not such a big fan of either of them
I just stick with zidane garnet vivi and eiko(or quina before her)

BlackMage2007
07-05-2007, 11:49 AM
Well My Party At The Moment Is

Zidane Quina Steiner And Freya!

I Think I Need A White Mage!

TheSpoonyBard
07-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Dragon's Breath is fixed? It always varied when I used it, plus it costs 78 MP. crap skill.
It damages all enemies using this formula

Damage (capped at 9,999) = [Target's Max HP] - [Target's Current HP]

So if you're fighting three Yans, use Thievery one Yan A for 9,999 damage, then target Yan A with Dragon Breath. All three will suffer 9,999 damage.

Xurts
07-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Well My Party At The Moment Is

Zidane Quina Steiner And Freya!

I Think I Need A White Mage!
Quina qualifies as everything. You don't really need Eiko or Dagger if you have Auto-Regen on everyone.

It damages all enemies using this formula

Damage (capped at 9,999) = [Target's Max HP] - [Target's Current HP]

So if you're fighting three Yans, use Thievery one Yan A for 9,999 damage, then target Yan A with Dragon Breath. All three will suffer 9,999 damage.
wow, I didn't know that. I still prefer Dragon's Crest over that because it costs less MP.

Deusa
07-06-2007, 12:08 AM
i like double heal/summon combos like phoenix!
*grin* Quina doesn't revive all ko's at once (up to whole party with your good timing) as far as i can tell!

Ouch!
07-08-2007, 07:51 PM
i like double heal/summon combos like phoenix!
*grin* Quina doesn't revive all ko's at once (up to whole party with your good timing) as far as i can tell!
No, but some of Quina's blue magic can tear just about anything apart.

My party of choice: Freya, Steiner, Quina, Zidane. There's nothing more satisfying than seeing Necron go down in under two minutes from sheer brute force.

Deusa
07-08-2007, 11:09 PM
I'm lazy! It takes to long to eat everything and not just kill it straight out! I always end up with more than half of his moves but after that I lose motivation....*grins at own stupidity*

Xurts
07-09-2007, 12:01 AM
I'm lazy! It takes to long to eat everything and not just kill it straight out! I always end up with more than half of his moves but after that I lose motivation....*grins at own stupidity*
It's more than worth the effort of Eating enemies. Quina can learn some insanely useful skills and should not be underestimated.

Mirage
07-09-2007, 12:09 AM
Lol you guys. Dragon Crest is the best ever.

The Ceej
07-09-2007, 09:13 AM
Freya is actually quite useful. Every RPG has its worthless character, and I'm going to get a lot of heat for saying this, but in this one it was Quina. And Ouch, the only way to take Necron down is with force. Once he uses that attack (I forget what it's called), there's no more healing. You heal without curing zombie, you die. You remove zombie, you don't have the time to heal before you die. You just have to go force against force to and see who falls first. My party at the end was Zidane, Garnet, Steiner, and Vivi. Zidane tranced, Dagger summoned, Steiner and Vivi used their respective Flare powers and it took him down reletively quickly.

Ouch!
07-09-2007, 08:38 PM
Lol you guys. Dragon Crest is the best ever.
Frog Drop is better. Giving Quina the Half MP ability lowers its cost to 5 MP, less than third what it costs to use Dragon Crest. Unless you're already using Quina to take down Grand Dragons with Level 5 Death, it's also a lot easier to max out than Dragon Crest. It's certainly less time consuming if you stop by the marshes throughout the game.

Freya still owns just about everyone else, though.

And Ouch, the only way to take Necron down is with force.
I never said it's the only way to do it, it's just a lot faster than any other team I've used to take Necron down quick. It only takes six attacks to waste him.

Xurts
07-09-2007, 08:50 PM
Freya is actually quite useful. Every RPG has its worthless character, and I'm going to get a lot of heat for saying this, but in this one it was Quina. And Ouch, the only way to take Necron down is with force. Once he uses that attack (I forget what it's called), there's no more healing. You heal without curing zombie, you die. You remove zombie, you don't have the time to heal before you die. You just have to go force against force to and see who falls first. My party at the end was Zidane, Garnet, Steiner, and Vivi. Zidane tranced, Dagger summoned, Steiner and Vivi used their respective Flare powers and it took him down reletively quickly.
Quina worthless? HAH. You obviously never bothered to spend any time with her, since if you had then she would be one of the best. Take some time to learn her blue magic and catch frogs. THEN tell me what you think.

I'll give you a quick list of her best blue magic:
-LV5 Death (works on every enemy in the Desert Palace, allows for quick kills of Grand Dragons for easy EXP/AP gain)
-Mighty Guard (quick way to cast Protect and Shell against tough enemies)
-Matra Magic (makes Eating enemies much easier)
-Bad Breath (hurls a bunch of statuses at the enemy and ensures an easy fight, even works on a few bosses)
-1000 Needles (great source of unblockable damage early in the game)
-Night (used as a strategy against Yans although not the best, but still a useful strategy)
-Angel's Snack (simply awesome, THE best way to cure status ailments)
-Frog Drop (what makes Quina a damage dealer late game, 9999 unblockable damage)
-White Wind (decreases need for Eiko/Dagger when coupled with Auto-Regen)
-Magic Hammer (useful against magic reliant enemies and bosses)

Quina is far from worthless, and is one of the best characters. Zidane is the useless one. He has 3 (minus Steal late game) skills: Steal, Soul Blade, and Thievery. Thievery takes an enormous amount of steals to max (you pretty much have to have him steal every turn throughout the whole game). That is easily the worst fixed damage skill. Once you're done with Terra Zidane literally has no use anymore (except for Soul Blade) unless you took the time to max Thievery.

Deusa
07-10-2007, 01:17 AM
Steiner ......used.......Flare powers . hmmmm i didn't think of that....

ohhhh and zidane is far from useless...... he does more damage than anyone(in my game) and is constant through almost the whole game every one else leaves eventually!

cloud21zidane16
07-10-2007, 01:57 AM
Freya and Quina are both very useful if you learn the abilitys and power them up(which is easy anyway). Theres no way you can call either of them or even any ffix character worthless:)

Xurts
07-10-2007, 03:07 AM

ohhhh and zidane is far from useless...... he does more damage than anyone(in my game) and is constant through almost the whole game every one else leaves eventually!
He only does the most damage at the very beginning. He is soon surpassed by several characters like Vivi and Steiner. Right now in my most recent playthrough he does the least amount. He's around 10 levels above everyone too. Also, on my completed file Zidane is lvl. 99 and still cannot manage a reliable 9999 from physical attacks despite being boosted with MP Attack.

Unfortunately, Zidane is always in the main party. I have come very close to looking for a Gameshark code to kick his ass out, but I haven't been compelled to do it yet. Maybe after I'm through with Terra I will, since that is when Zidane becomes a total pile of waste.

The Ceej
07-10-2007, 04:19 AM

Way to take my quote way out of context and still have my basic point there. For those who don't want to go back a page and check the original quote, it was, "Steiner and Vivi used their respective Flare powers." But of course, Steiner can only cast Flare Sword if Vivi is alive. So, make sure at the end battle that you put a ball in Auto-Life for Vivi. Vivi's Auto-Life saved my ass in that game. Not that I couldn't have done it without. Just not that time.

Monol
07-10-2007, 06:56 AM
I think its safe to say that all the characters are fairly useful in FFIX (One of the many reasons why i love the game so much) But it would be a fools gambit to say that there is any character greater then Vivi (The best reason to love the game)

Why just look at these factual (Oh its a word alright) statistics shall we?

1. He's a blackmage...doesnt get much cooler than that
2. He uses black mage
3. Black magic trumps all

Also just for the record my party at the end of the game was Zidane,vivi,garnet, and freya and it was freya's trance that finished off ol necron for me so she holds a dear place in my heart (i always had a good feeling about her) She never did much for me but when she did it was always well worth that filled up space in the ol 4 man party roster...so i say keep the ol gal around...she'll suprise ya ;) (That and everyone else's advice with the whole dragon crest thing is pretty cool too...but vivi is still the king)

Deusa
07-14-2007, 10:09 PM
like ur faqs! i totally agree! i brobably could have won the game with only vivi and garvet(or eiko preferably, but that would mean only vivi for a few hours[yaeh i played the game that many times....it only takes a few hours...])

Heath
07-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Unfortunately, Zidane is always in the main party. I have come very close to looking for a Gameshark code to kick his ass out, but I haven't been compelled to do it yet. Maybe after I'm through with Terra I will, since that is when Zidane becomes a total pile of waste.

It's a pity you have to wait until the very end of the game before you can do that, otherwise I'd have substituted Zidane for Freya well before. Up until Terra though, he is a very useful member of the squad being a fairly consistent physical attacker that allows you to get hold of some fairly nice equipment thanks to Steal. I'd agree that after Terra he becomes pretty redundant though.

Northcrest
07-19-2007, 06:55 PM
I'm used to using Steiner because I have Vivi in my party so I take the advantage of using a Sword Magic. When I'm training I'll use Freya.

The Unknown Guru
07-21-2007, 12:35 AM
Kill 100 dragons and Freya suddenly becomes the strongest character in the game.

Washington is next
07-24-2007, 02:50 PM
The characters aren't about how useful they are its about how fun they are!