PDA

View Full Version : Ha4te My Keyb4oard Right Now4

Jessweeee♪
07-04-2007, 09:41 PM
I think my 4 button (not the numeric keypad one) is sticking or something. Every once in awhile when I finish typing something, a four just magically appears at the end...and while typing this the 6 button acted up as well. I don't know what the problem is...I mean it must be sticking, but it appears to be fine...

Also I'm using a laptop so I don't know if the keys can be pried off like a normal normal keyboard...I'm afraid to try and find out. It's funny, because I hardly ever need to use the 4 or 6 button...I don't use them in any of my passwords or anything...

Topic: Share problems you've had with your silly billy keyboards.

Sergeant Hartman
07-04-2007, 09:52 PM
It collects a lot of food, I like to tip it upside down every now and then :hat:

~*~Celes~*~
07-04-2007, 09:55 PM
food, there was an instance with glue that causes my main enter key to stick every now and then, and just general dumbness. I need a new keyboard ;_;

rubah
07-04-2007, 09:57 PM
I once spilled a glass full of water on one and shorted it out. The plastic sheets inside were all wet and some stuff was kinda black xD

occasionally when I'm cleaning my keyboard, I'll pop the keys out and won't put the right windows key and right alt keys back in the right spots. fun times 8)

Jessweeee♪
07-04-2007, 10:03 PM
One of my friends and I used to switch the N and M keys on the Career Investigation class's 46keyboard. 4It was pretty funny because4 they didn't know how to type. Another friend tells me the kids get suspended for that there now...

(I've totally given up on deleting the 44s and 6s..4.)

Old Manus
07-04-2007, 10:34 PM
My F5 key is on its last legs from too much emails/ciddies/4chan

yanis
07-04-2007, 10:48 PM
There are some black things appear around the WASD keys, so I have to clean them all the time! And I had some problems with cola...:bgl:

Denmark
07-04-2007, 11:12 PM
i've pulled the left arrow key off of my laptop keyboard, i think because i use the arrow keys to scroll web pages and i get bored so i play with it. but i can't anymore. i'm guessing the up arrow key will be next.

Tavrobel
07-04-2007, 11:16 PM
Ever since the beginning of sixth grade, I have personally gone through seven different keyboards. They all screwed up because I spilled soda on them. Even on my current one, the right Alt no longer works (but not because of soda, this time).

Levian
07-04-2007, 11:27 PM
Yeah happened to me too, so I had to stop eating peanut butter and I hate my keyboard for it.

Namelessfengir
07-04-2007, 11:28 PM
i killed one right after we bought it. i mean it was like two hours after we bought it and i go and dump 24 oz of dr pepper on it.
so if your boards acting up you should take a video of you smashing it then go to walmart and get anew one.

Faris
07-05-2007, 12:31 AM
I've never had a problem with my keyboard and I've had it for over three years. However, I did rip out my CapsLock key sometime last year, or two years ago. I don't recall. All I know is that it's still trapped under a cup on the old desk.

Tasura
07-05-2007, 12:41 AM
I spilled beer/coke on my old laptop, it did not like that, at all, it survived the beer, but not the coke, well it did survive, it just took an extended period of time to recover. As it is the keys are a bit stiff to press down, and sometimes stick, and the touch pad no longer turns off.

Resha
07-05-2007, 04:33 AM
There was this traumatic period of time in my life when my best friend broke my A key, and I couldn't use it. A is an important alphabet. So I had to copy & paste all my a's.

MY WRITING USED TO LOOK LIKE THIS.

.....aaaaaaaaaaaand that sentence doesn't have a single A xD

But yeah. I did all my IGCSE coursework copy/pasting a's, so I'm quite proud of myself :p

Mirage
07-05-2007, 04:38 AM
You could try getting some compressed air and blow it clean :p. I think it's hard to pry off keys on a laptop keyboard without damaging them, not that I've tried it.

Jessweeee♪
07-05-2007, 04:53 AM
I hate this. I'm trying to browse the intrabwe464bz and4 th4en4 I get the f6ours and sixes popping up every6where :kaocry2:

Oh4 thank God I could type that face without any problems O_O

This is turning out t4o be a big4ger problem than I first envisioned. 6How am I supposed to fix this???? I don't want a ne4w keyboa4d ;.;

I never ate over it! I never dra4nk over it! (Although I did do those things near them)

Also I've4 been making more typos recently...huh...my six key is squeaky, now that I test it out...I dunno what the four key's problem is.44

Fatal Impurity
07-05-2007, 04:57 AM
I only problem with any of keyboards is that they tend to be very clackity and make lots of noise/be hard to press the keys.

Nominus Experse
07-05-2007, 08:37 AM
The only issue I have with keyboards is that they tend to be the victims of my anger and frustration whenever I happen to fail in a video game.

But they deserve being made two pieces. Yes, I was pwned because of them...

No.78
07-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Yeah my keyboard is full of crumbs, it's quite gross really.

Cz
07-05-2007, 10:54 AM
My keyboard has all sorts of problems. It's covered in stains and crumbs, and one or two of the keys are prone to breaking off and needing to be reattached. A while ago the underscore (_) key managed to fly across the room and disappear completely. I didn't find it until I was vacuuming the carpet a few days later, whereupon it flew up the nozzle and I had to fish it out of the bag. :yuck:

Even when it's working, it's not a great keyboard. For some reason, the A key isn't as sensitive as it should be, and since I tend to hit that key with my left pinkie, a lot of my words end up A-less. What I'm basically trying to say is: I can't wait until I get a new computer. :greenie:

Tavrobel
07-05-2007, 03:20 PM
I never noticed this before, but I have found that the writing for the A, S, and N are completely faded out. My M, E, T, O, and Enter keys are heading that way. Maybe I should stop using hotkeys when I play my games.

Comet
07-05-2007, 04:44 PM
I was once masturbating and all my semen exploded onto the computer keyboard :cry:

Nominus Experse
07-05-2007, 06:26 PM
I was once masturbating and all my semen exploded onto the computer keyboard :cry:
Lawl, I did that on the family computer when I was around 14 or so years old...

Spent around an hour or so frenetically attempting to clean that :skull::skull::skull::skull: out...

Fonzie
07-05-2007, 06:52 PM
I move around the letters on my brothers keyboard. He then proceeds to throw things in my general direction.

Tallulah
07-05-2007, 08:09 PM
Th '' on my kyboard dosn't work vry wll... :(

Not really, but the current keyboard I am using (I picked it up for like £2 at Cash Converters) tends to be really strange. It has a habit of missing letters if I type too fast for it; I guess I will have to adjust the repeat rate.

Also the right Shift key has a horrible habit of not doing the job. :mad:

Jess
07-05-2007, 10:00 PM
I've broken 3 keyboards in my time by spilling/knocking a drink over them. I had a problem with my laptop keyboard too, where my / and l keys kept falling off. :jess:

Jessweeee♪
07-06-2007, 07:53 AM
Well...I think it's fine now...it's funny, I tried blowing on the keyboard (I couldn't find a compressed air can), I tried prying off the keys and taking a look (they wouldn't come off), and I even tried shutting down the computer for awhile.

None of those things worked at first, but now it's just fine...

Iceglow
07-06-2007, 04:27 PM
I have some problems on my laptop of keys "locking" so I can't type properly generally whenever I encounter this I just hit the key head on with my middle finger really damn hard and it goes back to normal.