PDA

View Full Version : E3 2007

Odaisé Gaelach
07-05-2007, 05:50 AM
E3 starts on the 10th of July this year - only five days away.

So are you going to keep an eye out for anything at this year's show? I'm waiting to hear about GSC Gameworld and THQ. They're going to make an announcement about another S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game, I hear. :D

Crossblades
07-05-2007, 03:41 PM
I'm just curious to know of what Nintendo and Square Enix will show off, though all the Square Enix stuff they're going to show off was already revealed at the Square Enix party event.

Rostum
07-05-2007, 04:04 PM
I'm interested to see what Nintendo may come up with in regards to the Wii and DS. But I'm more interested in Square-Enix and (if they are attending) Mistwalker.

As for games, I am very interested in seeing Heavenly Sword, The Last Remnant and the new Metroid. I'd also like to see if they do release anything about Kingdom Hearts 3 -- that would be absolutely awesome, but highly unlikely (I bet).

JKTrix
07-05-2007, 04:14 PM
New stuff from MGS4 and major Nintendo news are the main things I'm looking out for. Everything else takes a back seat until then.

I'm open to surprises, though.

Wolf Kanno
07-06-2007, 10:06 AM
Capcom and Konami mostly... (Wheres my Breath of Fire VI and Suikoden VI people?! :mad2: ) Though MGS 4 will be appreciated, perhaps a more comprehensive gameplay demo?

Though Squenix will most likely reveal something big as well I bet. I'm curious to see more of the sequel to NiGHTS as well as the games being made by Mistwalker.

KentaRawr!
07-06-2007, 02:02 PM
I'm interested in what Nintendo has to offer at the time, and MGS4.

Jessweeee♪
07-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Square will announce the sequel they are most definitely making for Threads of Fate which will most definitely be on the Wii :bigsmile:

Araciel
07-06-2007, 05:08 PM
i heard a nasty rumour that E3 is being toned down and eventually will no longer exist....is this true?

because one of my aspirations was to eventually go to it.

JKTrix
07-06-2007, 05:45 PM
It's being vastly toned down, but as it stands now it will still exist. Instead of one huge show with people competing for your attention, it's now a thing that's run by scheduled meetings. Probably less exciting from the presentation standpoint, but we get a better chance of getting broader coverage of the games themselves. That's what's important.

Araciel
07-06-2007, 05:59 PM
ok well i should organize an eoff meetup down there next year or so then.

i wonder if a year is enough time for people to start saving up...it's a long way for me, since i live in toronto, canada.

JKTrix
07-06-2007, 06:15 PM
ok well i should organize an eoff meetup down there next year or so then.

i wonder if a year is enough time for people to start saving up...it's a long way for me, since i live in toronto, canada.

I forgot to mention that E3 is even more exclusive now than it was before. Previously, only press and people involved in the games industry (retailers and such) could get in. It's not like the Tokyo Game Show, where anyone can come as long as they buy a ticket.

With the new E3, they (the ESA (http://www.theesa.com/index.php)) invite *you*. There's a joystiq article from a while back that mentions this (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/11/e3-invites-whats-the-logic/). With the whole 'scheduled meetings' thing, it is a very exclusive deal.

I don't know where you stand in the industry (if at all), but keep that in mind before you go planning your trip. The old E3 is dead.

As I mentioned, the Tokyo Game Show is open to the public. Heck of a lot more expensive to get there, but if it's your thing... go for it. I went last year and had a blast in Japan.

Araciel
07-06-2007, 06:41 PM
i stand...at this point out in the cold! :(

ah well.

it was a dream i guess.

Nifleheim7
07-06-2007, 08:10 PM
I'm waiting for some Silent hill 5 info by Konami,and also some news from team ico's upcoming project.

Dreddz
07-07-2007, 12:27 AM
Im more eager for them to mention new games, its not that im not interested with games that have already been announced, its just theres so many games I demand a sequel for and im hoping that maybe one of them could be announced. Dark Cloud 3, Gran Turismo 5 and Guilty Gear X3 to name a few. Not particularly interested in any hardware add ons and applications, strictly gaming.

As for games that I want more info on, Tekken 6, Virtua Fighter 5 ( 360 version ), Final Fantasy XIII, NiGHTS, White Knights Story and Silent Hill 5.

Jessweeee♪
07-07-2007, 12:31 AM
I want them to announce that Tekken 6 will actually be coming on the Wii!

...all of my favorite game series are Playstation exclusives and I don't have the proper console :kaocry2:

Tifa's Real Lover(really
07-07-2007, 02:25 AM
nintendo and mgs4 is all im interested in

Wolf Kanno
07-07-2007, 08:20 AM
I'm waiting for some Silent hill 5 info by Konami,and also some news from team ico's upcoming project.

That's true... if anyone can bring me over to the PS3 it would be this team. I loved Ico and Wanda and the Colossi:love:

JKTrix
07-09-2007, 01:28 PM
PS3 upgrade, price drop. (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/07/08/new-ps3-new-price-drop-more-news-coming/) Probably deserves it's own topic, but I'll just put it in here.

In August, the $600 PS3 will now have 80GBs of harddrive space and come with Motorstorm. The current $600, 60GB PS3 will decrease in price by $100.

I wonder why they didn't save this for one of their bullet points at E3. Maybe they've something bigger to show there.

Nifleheim7
07-09-2007, 01:54 PM
^Yeah,it was about time they announce something like that.
But as you said it's strange that they didn't wait for E3...
I wonder if the 80gb bundle model is only for their US customers though.