PDA

View Full Version : Should've been a PC game?

ReloadPsi
07-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Even though Square-Enix seem to have royally sucked at PC compatibility in the past, I think this game would've performed well as a PC title for one simple reason: It's a shooting game.

I've not played the PS2 version because I royally suck at analog aiming (can't move my thumbs lightly or subtly enough) although I did notice when watching someone else play that there's an auto-aim which is very forgiving and you just need to get your target near the middle of the screen, as opposed to mouse control where, since controls are always so much more precise, you never need it.

Anyone else think so, then?

LATE EDIT: By wacky coincidence, I've just been lent this game, and discovered that it's keyboard and mouse compatible... somehow. Too bad I ain't got USB keyboard and mouse, eh?

Hyperion4444
07-07-2007, 05:03 AM
Actually, It's been made to be on a PC.
Maybe we could see it hitting the PC?
Sure, the game itself isn't a Timesplitter, Half-Life, Halo, Killzonw, 'call your Best FPS game'. And is a real downside, but it's not so terrible.
But the story, the characters, graphics and content makes up for it.

And I still don't get how the hell you play shooters with keyboard and mouse.
I just can't...(ok, I just don't want to. Since double analog seems to suit me much better.)

cloud21zidane16
07-08-2007, 03:30 AM
analog suits me too, alls you gotta do is practice. Im getting tired of games being released on every single console, its just such a cheap way to make MORE money

CimminyCricket
07-08-2007, 03:31 AM
It shouldn't have been made at all in the condition it was in. They need to redo damn near the entire thing.

LunarWeaver
07-08-2007, 05:25 AM
It wouldn't have saved it for me. My problems lie with level design built around hallways and keycard collecting, enemy AI where they run in front of you and just stand there, twitchy camera, slow controls, taking a very nice weapon creation system and somehow making them all feel exactly the same, and generally falling asleep. That's pretty much everything that a shooter shouldn't do. Fluid mouse control wouldn't have been a saving grace in my book.

But at least Vincent has his sexy shoes on.

Markus. D
07-13-2007, 07:21 AM
The shooting system wasn't quite a traditional shooting system, it was based on stats (as in, you could have your Aim right off of the enemy (or just outside of it... and get a critical) ... Dex mainly for shooting. :]

Northcrest
07-13-2007, 05:53 PM
The shooting system wasn't quite a traditional shooting system, it was based on stats (as in, you could have your Aim right off of the enemy (or just outside of it... and get a critical) ... Dex mainly for shooting. :]

Yeah I love Final Fantasy but this game working on the PC I thought was a disater. Other than that this was an ok game to play.

Skyblade
07-15-2007, 04:19 AM
Actually, a PC version might have saved this game. My only true problem with this game is that it has a truly awful control system. Putting this on the PC and letting it be controlled via mouse and keyboard might have fixed that issue, in which case it would be a decent enough game.

pspkilla
08-01-2007, 03:26 AM
I loved this game, it was pretty entertaining for a while, though i think if it were a PC game with online play, I would still be playing it.

Ciretho
08-07-2007, 04:29 AM
It being a pc game would definately eliminate the ultimate annoyance of the 'Missile Breaker Deathmatch' bonus mission D:

Mind you i could always attach a usb mouse and keyboard if I had them ^^;