PDA

View Full Version : Plot Question

Bolivar
07-06-2007, 12:04 AM
on my second playthrough, something still eludes me... About what happened to the Leviathan/8th Fleet, and i figured what better place to ask than right here.

at first it looks like it was the Dawn Shard that caused this explosion, as it shows the researchers with it in the reactor and they yell that it's taking over the engines. But later the Garif say it lost its power long ago and when you rescue Mjrn from the Henne mines, its stated that it wasn't the Dawn Shard that caused the explosion, and Larsa has some revelation about the Nethicite.

So what exactly was it that caused the explosion? Manufacted nethicite? Was it another experiment ala Nabudis to see its effects?

can anyone go into detail about magicite/nethicite. how do you manufact it, and is Cid making it from the midlight and dusk shards?

Karellen
07-06-2007, 12:49 AM
Is this the line:

Fran: On Leviathan, the Mist from the Dawn Shard drove me, too, into such a
rage. She was taken not by the Dawn Shard.

Larsa: Manufacted Nethicite.

[Fran nods.]
The 'she' in that exchange refers to Mjrn, not the Leviathan. The blunt of the sentence is to foreshadow the more sinister nature of Manufactured Nethicite which would be expanded upon when Bergan and Cid are introduced later. The Leviathan was still most assuredly destroyed by the Dawn Shard.

Vivisteiner
07-06-2007, 12:57 AM
^He/She speaks the truth.

I dont have time for a long post now, but Ill come back.

Timerk
07-10-2007, 01:14 AM
I think it was Necron. He lives in that tower on Sin's back.